SportsWrath

Anybody else not fooled last night?

Sephiroth

I went to bed when the Eagles scored their first TD,  confident in the fact that we'd end up losing the game. 

What was it this time?  Solder allowed 3 sacks in the 4th?  Eli threw a pick in crunch time?  Total defensive collapse? 

Defensive collapse and lack of any sort of play calling that worked in the first half.

Eagles getting burnt deep?

Let's run 100 screen plays.

Barkley running for 4 yard gains on the edge? 

Let's run him up the middle whole the guards and center are getting abused.

Defense is having success blitzing Wentz?

Let's play prevent defense and not cover Ertz in the red zone.

I mean the Giants are a two win team for a reason, at least it was fun to watch and wasn't a game that you could turn off after the first quarter like the last 8 weeks.

38 minutes ago, echochamber said:

I watched one play (failed 3rd down on the first drive) and turned it off.  I won't be watching again until Mara sells his share of the team.  

that's fairly drastic Echo .............im afraid you wont be watching Giants football for a very long time ....if ever again

37 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

that's fairly drastic Echo .............im afraid you wont be watching Giants football for a very long time ....if ever again

That's alright.  I simply have no interest in supporting teams that are run like garbage.  I haven't spent 1 cent on, or watched, a Mets  game in over 20 years.  Haven't watched a Bulls game in a decade or so.  I can do the same with the Giants.  If Mara can admit his mistakes and remove all family from operations and hire someone with a clue to run the thing, I'll give them another chance too.  But.... No, that's not happening.  I wish Mara could take a page from hockeyminded James Dolan.  Stay out of the way and let the pros handle it.  I love Dolan.

The wife turned to me at halftime and said "Why are you even bothering staying up for this shit...you know they're just going to blow it." She goes to sleep and gets 2 hours more sleep than I did...and I like an idiot watch the whole thing through OT, and am now on 4.5 hours sleep. Fucking assholes.

35 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The wife turned to me at halftime and said "Why are you even bothering staying up for this shit...you know they're just going to blow it." She goes to sleep and gets 2 hours more sleep than I did...and I like an idiot watch the whole thing through OT, and am now on 4.5 hours sleep. Fucking assholes.

I listened to the first half in the car as I drove home..  my sons were up watching the game all excited, and by the end of the 3rd quarter everyone's spirits were crushed.   We stayed up despite knowing the L was on it's way...   Maybe I am a bad father