SportsWrath

First game down

RandolphScott

Well now I see why you were amused. You had my point backwards, I wasn't saying it was intel gathering, it's more like intel pushing. Making the opposition think what you want them to think.

What you were saying about establishing the run going forward is, from a play design/play calling standpoint, the same principle at work.

Now, as for my addled brain, I'm not there yet, but give me a few hours.

One other thing that worried me; I didn't think it was actually possible but the O's screen game seems to have gotten worse. WTF was going on out there?

Well, according to NSA, everything that we do wrong, is merely a smokescreen so teams will think we are inept at those things. So, when they least expecti it (not in our time, perhaps) there will be a successful screen play.

I'm tired of hearing about how great Jacksonville's D line is, as if it's some excuse for our O line. Our O line flat out stunk regardless, and if they don't get their act together, they're going to have issues with many defenses this year, such as the Cowboys, Eagles, Texans to name a few.

Also, how about you game plan around that weakness? Instead of insisting on a disproportionate amount of power runs toward the middle, spread them out more. attack the flanks, especially with Barkley.

Well, according to NSA, everything that we do wrong, is merely a smokescreen so teams will think we are inept at those things. So, when they least expecti it (not in our time, perhaps) there will be a successful screen play.

Lol!

If only. Or maybe 2017 was a smokescreen for 2018?..... hmmm...

I'm tired of hearing about how great Jacksonville's D line is, as if it's some excuse for our O line. Our O line flat out stunk regardless, and if they don't get their act together, they're going to have issues with many defenses this year, such as the Cowboys, Eagles, Texans to name a few.

Also, how about you game plan around that weakness? Instead of insisting on a disproportionate amount of power runs toward the middle, spread them out more. attack the flanks, especially with Barkley.

What kills me is that I don't think I have seen Flowers have a worse game. And to read after the game his comments about not knowing what kind of player Campbell is, has left me thinking that he may be beyond hope.

Wheeler wasn't good either though. I keyed in on him this preseason and saw a few plays from him that were comical.

That cupboard is bare.

What kills me is that I don't think I have seen Flowers have a worse game. And to read after the game his comments about not knowing what kind of player Campbell is, has left me thinking that he may be beyond hope.

Wheeler wasn't good either though. I keyed in on him this preseason and saw a few plays from him that were comical.

That cupboard is bare.

Yes those comments by Flowers are disconcerting.

Unfortunately Wheeler is likely just as bad. I dont know what the answer is. Do we constantly slide help over to the right side in pass plays?

Isn't that basically what they did all game?

Most runs and passes were to the outside.

I mean you can't always just keep running outside you have to eventually go up the middle.

But in terms of the Oline I think Shurmur did everything he could to keep the the offense on the outside mostly, especially running the bootleg which is where I think Eli is the best.

Here's a nice breakdown of Barkley's first game.

And hey, what do you know.... there ARE some nice plays by Flowers in here.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/LongFormArticle/Saquon-Barkley-New-York-Giants-Week-1-highlights-game-tape--121803159/#121803159_12

5.28 yards per carry.... AFTER contact. Jesus....

What really stands out to me are some of the plays by Jacksonville's defense. But for some ridiculous plays by some really talented players, I think Barkley would have had 200+ yards on the day.

Yes, the downplaying of the jags around here is a real head scratcher. Tune in Sunday at 430 and watch them smash New England

It's not so much downplaying as much as let's not get too crazy here... We have some serious talent on offense....

Fixed

It was 2 games ago. Theyre returning almost the exact same team plus norwell, safarian-Jenkins and draft picks and their biggest free agent departure was out all season. Plus everyone was picking Houston to win their division this season. If anything theyre underhyped