SportsWrath

First game down

RandolphScott

Isn't that basically what they did all game?

Most runs and passes were to the outside.

I mean you can't always just keep running outside you have to eventually go up the middle.

But in terms of the Oline I think Shurmur did everything he could to keep the the offense on the outside mostly, especially running the bootleg which is where I think Eli is the best.

Im not so sure. Having watched Barkley in college, just felt like were not utilizing him properly.

Heres what I would do if I were Schumer/Shula. Anytime the Giants are in two TE, or FB/TE, with two WR and Barkley in the backfield:

- If the defense is in a normal front 7 (7 DL/LBs) and 4 DBs, motion Barkley out of the backfield into a slot WR position. This forces the defense to either put a safety or LB on him, creating either a mismatch or another defender away from Beckham, Shep, Engram, giving them a better chance of getting open.

- Otherwise, in that same formation, if the defense goes with a nickel or sub package with 5 or more dbs, keep Barkley in the backfield and run.

I understand you have to vary this a little, but if this kind of structure should create a large number of mismatches, and in the first case get Barkley more involved in the passing game, in open space.

Im not buying the Jags hype just yet. Their offense was completely inept against our very average defense.

In general they gave us multiple opportunities to win the game.

And lets be real...we are likely an 8-8, 7-9 Team.

How bout now?

Week two SB predictions already? Lol. Who am I talking to?

Try to comprehend, I was saying you’ll make your prediction then. But believe it or not people who don’t sit in the armchair, Monday morning of life actually have made their SB predictions already. What’s yours?