SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

I am happy to see Scherzer coming in to be the number 2 on the staff...    if they resign Stroman and get a couple bullpen arms we are looking good.

Im also happy to see Baez go, fuck him and his thumbs down bullshit.    I am happy with an infield of Alonzo, McNeil, Lindor and Escobar

17 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

I would have liked to keep Baez…… but I won’t miss all those strikeouts.

Hope we can get Bryant perhaps ( I’m fed up with McNeill , he has lost it and looks like a deer in headlights )

……. And we need to resign Stroman too FFS

Yeah the numbers he put up at a met look different than it felt watching him.   I would never have guessed he batted just under .300

Year
Team
GP
AB
R
H
RBI
BB
SO
HR
Avg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/7/2022 at 6:40 AM, GorillaNJ said:

Opening day!!!    Have to hope the weather stays clear so they can get the game in tonight.    It sucks that deGrom is fucking hurt again, I really wanted to see him take the mound tonight.

You are going to love Matt Sherzer....he will get that entire franchise straightened out....sort of a Kirk Gibson...that pitches.

C. Wagon

Diaz does not make it easy....   I would kill for him to come out and have a clean 1-2-3 inning.  Feels like he is always going deep in counts, guys get on base or putting balls in play hard.

Watching Famila pitch for the Phillies made me happy he is not a Met any longer.  He also never makes things easy, a more patient Mets approach at the plate would have went a long way against him last night.

But a shut out win is a shut out win, so lets see another tonight! 

Great doubleheader last night for the Mets.

great fightback from 1-4 down in the first game to win in extra innings ( no idea how Pete kept his toe on the bag in the 10th to get the out )

Scherzer was just brilliant in the second game. Lindor very good in both.

Go Mets 9-3

3 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Great doubleheader last night for the Mets.

great fightback from 1-4 down in the first game to win in extra innings ( no idea how Pete kept his toe on the bag in the 10th to get the out )

Scherzer was just brilliant in the second game. Lindor very good in both.

Go Mets 9-3

Yes it was a good pair of wins versus a quality opponent.   It is a good feeling that being down a couple runs is not a death sentence with this team.   A couple of insurance runs late in that second game would be have been a nice touch without having Diaz to close.   I am also not really sold on Diaz, but I do not think there is another option

Carrasco sublime tonight ....retiring 18 straight hitters wow.

Love the D , love the hustle on O ( Lindor , Cahna , Escobar , Pete all firing )

We look like a proper team , everybody is contributing.

10-4 is a statement , Go Mets

Another good weekend to be a Mets fan.  Megill is one hell of a pitcher, I like watching how he just attacks the hitters.    When Degrom gets back, this rotation will make us a favorite in any series.

Should be a good series starting up with the cards tonight.

Amazing April for the Mets. Not getting too excited but we look like a team who can contend.

Hope we can keep it going in the Summer 

No Hitter against the Phillies is certainly one to remember ….. what a great performance!

Go Mets