SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

Another nice won last night to take a series from a quality opponent.    Need to sweep the Marlins this weekend and keep the good vibes going.   The Braves have the Giants and Dodgers coming next week, should bring them back to earth a bit.  Even if they are home for those games

Walker on good form again last night allowing us to hold on for a tight win against the Fish. 
Thank goodness for Lindor’s 2 run homer in the 3rd. Marlins starting pitchers are tough and Alcantra will be a severe test today. Let’s hope that the right Chris Bassitt turns up !

Great to see the Braves lose 2 against the Cubs with our old friend Villar inflicting some damage.

Go Mets 44-23

The schedule has been rough on the Mets...   7 games in a row, then with no rest day fly to Houston for a night game followed by a day game.    I would have loved to have seen the Mets play a 3-4 game series with Houston coming off a travel day, you know, how baseball normally schedules series.

A fine win against Alcantara. Lindor was on fire.

Walker was a bit fortunate to get out of those jams ( especially as they had 11 hits to our 6 ) but left 9 men on base.

That total mess up by Astudillo that loaded the bases with no outs was critical in the whole game ( great to convert that into 3 runs ) 

Also great to see the Braves and Phillies both lose

Go Mets !

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was a clutch comeback win for the Mets v Reds

i thought we were doomed to a terrible , series loss until the top of the 9th and that amazing 10th.

Well done to Medina and the rest of the bullpen after that shaky start by Peterson.

Nimmo !!!!!

Go Mets 51-31 ( 20 games above .500 aint bad ) 

3 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Well that was a clutch comeback win for the Mets v Reds

i thought we were doomed to a terrible , series loss until the top of the 9th and that amazing 10th.

Well done to Medina and the rest of the bullpen after that shaky start by Peterson.

Nimmo !!!!!

Go Mets 51-31 ( 20 games above .500 aint bad ) 

I did not turn the game on until the 9th..   seems like the bats woke up when I tuned in

Nice win against the Braves last night...    would be really nice to walk out of Atlanta wiht  sweep.     Sherser did look like whatever injury he had is in the past.

Hopefully we see deGrom back in Queens soon...     its too bad he is going to pitch in Syracuse this week,  I was up near there last week and would have loved to have gotten to see him in person.

https://www.syracuse.com/mets/2022/07/jacob-degrom-will-make-his-next-rehab-start-thursday-night-in-syracuse.html

22 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

Nice win against the Braves last night...    would be really nice to walk out of Atlanta wiht  sweep.     Sherser did look like whatever injury he had is in the past.

Hopefully we see deGrom back in Queens soon...     its too bad he is going to pitch in Syracuse this week,  I was up near there last week and would have loved to have gotten to see him in person.

https://www.syracuse.com/mets/2022/07/jacob-degrom-will-make-his-next-rehab-start-thursday-night-in-syracuse.html

Very impressive performance from Scherzer. 7 innings , 9 K’s and complete control. Fried looked badly out of sorts and we should have scored more ( especially with all those lead off men on base and countless walks )

Glad that we got that insurance homer from Guillorme. Diaz spectacular again in the 9th with 11 pitches and 3K’s ( deserving of his All Star selection )

Go Mets ( would be delighted to get 2 out of 3 against Atlanta )

Early afternoon game today...   hope the Bats wake up a bit and we start getting runs across the plate.      They were getting guys on base against Strider and had his pitch count way up, just could not produce runs.

On 7/12/2022 at 8:13 AM, UK-Giantsfan said:

Very impressive performance from Scherzer. 7 innings , 9 K’s and complete control. Fried looked badly out of sorts and we should have scored more ( especially with all those lead off men on base and countless walks )

Glad that we got that insurance homer from Guillorme. Diaz spectacular again in the 9th with 11 pitches and 3K’s ( deserving of his All Star selection )

Go Mets ( would be delighted to get 2 out of 3 against Atlanta )

Well you got your 2 out of 3 from the Braves, now to sweep the last place cubs and come into the All Star break strong. 

I did some speculation that deGrom might be making his comeback against either the Padres or the Yanks

• 2 weeks later...

I was at my son's wrestling last night and missed the first couple innings, listened to a couple in the car and got home just in time for Peterson to come in and give up the HR to tie it.

Once Escobar swung the bat in the 9th I knew the game was won.  This team certainly has a way about rallying.  Marte is a fucking dude, batting .300 now and he just seems to come up with hits in the clutch.

I get that it is fun to go back and forth with Yankee fans, but looking on facebook and twitter it gets a bit much, even Mr. Met after the game with the broom seemed a bit much sweeping a 2 game series?    Now if the Mets take 2 in the Bronx in a couple weeks,  I then condone more sweeping..  lol

What a performance by Max , he’s worth every single penny. Those 3 K’s of Judge at critical moments with risp were fantastic to watch.

Seth did well after the debacle from Peterson and how about the walk off win in the 9th. Brilliant stuff from Escobar and Marte.

Sensational atmosphere in Queens.

Go Mets !

Was very nice seeing win over the Braves last night!     Not sure I was in love with Diaz going two innings but he needed to come in for the 8th to shutdown the Braves big bats.    Just hope that tonight the Mets come into the 9th up by 5 runs and Diaz can take it easy. 

Really impressive O last night from the new guys Naquin and The Rhino.
2 homers on your home debut is really something against Kyle Wright too
The only weak link at the moment in this side appears to be catcher ( i think Nido is better than McCann right now )
I thought Cookie pitched well up until the 5th . We kept Swanson Olsen and Riley at bay throughout which will be key to winning this series.
Pete is immense as usual ( and Lindor with 2 really valuable walks last night showing great patience )
Will be interesting to see how Seth and May hold up in he next 4 games because that could be critical late in games
Diaz heroic for the last 6 outs ........we will need that in the playoffs for sure some day soon.
Go Mets ( lets grow the 4.5 game lead if we can )

Mets are playing great...   both pitching and hitting.       

Have a big week coming up with a home series against the Phillies, then to Atlanta and to Philly again, really want to see them keep this run going.     I do not know if it is just the Mets fan in me but I keep waiting for things to take a downhill turn