SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

They look good... imagine if they didn't get rid of Wheeler. What a rotation that would be ...it's already a great rotation....add Wheeler..take out the walker...max..degrom.... Wheeler carasco and that lefty. Impressive. Playoffs rotation is degrom..max and Wheeler with carasco your 4th if need presents itself

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

What a catch by Nimmo ….. game saver.

Timmy Trumpet heralding Diaz

Go Mets !

Was a great game against a great team last night... really did feel like a playoff atmosphere.   

Would like to see the bats wake up again, but the team does not ever seem like it is really out of the game though.   A little offense out of the catching spot might not be a bad thing, shit I almost would have preferred to see deGrom at the plate last night.

• 3 weeks later...

4 in a row and playoff spot clinched for the first time since 2016

Now lets try and keep the Braves behind us and win the NL East  ......wont be easy

Scherzer perfect through 6 innings last night on his return from the IL ......lets hope he can stay healthy with Jake and then we have a shot !

1 hour ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

4 in a row and playoff spot clinched for the first time since 2016

Now lets try and keep the Braves behind us and win the NL East  ......wont be easy

Scherzer perfect through 6 innings last night on his return from the IL ......lets hope he can stay healthy with Jake and then we have a shot !

Yes...  it is nice to see the bats swinging again.  That is really what the next month and half will come down to, the pitching will be solid..  can they score the runs.

• 2 weeks later...

How about those 2 games last night .......i was trying to watch both the Mets and the Braves at the same time in extra innings. Great entertainment and a great result on both counts.
Escobar the big hero.....but fantastic from the bullpen in Ottavino , Diaz and Smith to keep us in the game.
( thanks to Finnegan and the Nats for his scoreless 9th and 10th too )
Go Mets

3 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

How about those 2 games last night .......i was trying to watch both the Mets and the Braves at the same time in extra innings. Great entertainment and a great result on both counts.
Escobar the big hero.....but fantastic from the bullpen in Ottavino , Diaz and Smith to keep us in the game.
( thanks to Finnegan and the Nats for his scoreless 9th and 10th too )
Go Mets

Escobar really saved our asses last night...  

The purist in me hates the extra inning man on base, but I have to admit it certainly adds a level of excitement..  almost a sudden death feel to the game.

27 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

Escobar really saved our asses last night...  

The purist in me hates the extra inning man on base, but I have to admit it certainly adds a level of excitement..  almost a sudden death feel to the game.

Really clutch performance from Eduardo with his 3 crucial hits and 5 RBI's ... ( from a 0-4 hole in the bottom of the 7th too ) 

To say I’m disappointed is an understatement !
That heads up play by Riley in the 3rd ( with no outs and men at the corners ….. while leading 3-1 ) was huge.
11 hits and we just can’t convert . So frustrating.
They only had 5 hits all night.
I hope we turn up in the Wildcard
Go Mets ......season is not over yet ...but i'm gutted

Have to hope that rain out last night helps the Mets get right a bit...   not sure when they are going to play though, looks like today is going to be a washout again and most likely tomorrow too.    

Need to see the Braves keep losing 

Well the bats came to life last night a little too late...

3 game wild card series against the Padres....  If the Mets can get a win on Friday with deGrom, do we go game 2 with Basset?   Saving Max for a deciding game 3 or a Game 1 against the Dodgers?