SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

18 hours ago, jranieli said:

Good comeback yesterday. Carrasco pitched well enough. I can't believe the A's still plays in that dump. 

It was nice to see them come out of there with a sweep...  Now to get at least one win off the Dodgers

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 9:47 AM, jranieli said:

Some big holes in the team. The starting pitching is old and they need another bat. Some big injuries thrown in. The team is definitely missing something. 

It is way too early in the season for them to be so hard to watch.   Granted the Rays are an offensive machine right now, but once they went down 3 runs it felt the game was over.

The team needs to get into a fight or something to rally them together.   

Some guy got into Steve Cohen's suit. A Rays fan lol. 

Training and onboarding new employees, like baseball, can be a bit hit or miss. Last Tuesday night at Citi Field I was casually walking to my seat. As I was walking to my section, I went through a corridor, and one usher said to another, “See. He’s got a wristband. He’s in here.” He swiped his keycard, and opened up the door to an executive suite.

I’m sure I stuck out like a sore thumb, an obvious fan with a see through bag full of baseballs, a camera, and in full Rays regalia swimming in a sea of finance bros dressed in business casual who’d rather talk about stock options than exit velo. But, there I was.

I expected to be called out as a fraud at some point and was planning to leave before first pitch. I noticed an unoccupied seat in the front row corner of the suite and decided I could make a beeline to it and play dumb if anyone asked me what I was doing. “I thought these were my seats. The ushers told me to go here. I’m not from here. My jersey is also a button down shirt, so I fit the dress code. I was obviously educated in the Florida public school system, don’t expect much from me.” So there I sat.

After a couple innings, someone sat next to me and joked about me wearing Rays gear in Steve Cohen’s private box. Steve showed up for a little bit but I don’t think he spotted me. I did my best to angle my chair in a way to block his line of sight to me. Besides, his team was losing, the Mets starting pitcher got booed, and the scoreboard displayed a 50ft tall Rays logo for a solid 5 minutes, so what could he say? If anything, he was in my box at that moment.

Later, Mr Met showed up and shook his fist towards me. Mrs Met stayed in the dining area, probably to avoid such a despicable sight of a Rays fan sullying such a sacred space.

Eventually, people left. By the 9th, it was just me and the suite attendant. I got brave during the second half of the game and grabbed food and got drinks. So I drank Steve’s fancy booze and ate his steak and watched the Rays beat the Mets from his suite. Thanks, Steve and lolMets!!

2 other pics from the box https://imgur.com/a/FIwX9Mh I would’ve taken more, but I was trying to keep a low profile, after all

21 hours ago, jranieli said:

Some guy got into Steve Cohen's suit. A Rays fan lol. 

That is brilliant!   

Even more brilliant is the Mets rallying around after that loss and going on a come from behind run of wins

I am really not sure what the hell is going on with this team...  two stinkers against the Cubs.   I think part of it is Buck is overthinking himself...  he has hot bats on the line-up but everyday he seems to be sitting one of them to put in someone struggling.     i get that players do not get out of a slump on the bench, but young players who are hitting well are not served well riding the bench either.      

If they send Alvarez down to the minors at this point I think they will lose the team and the fans

2 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Jeez …… it’s tough being a Mets fan right now , these last few games have been brutal

It has been a rough run that is for sure, especially the fucking Braves.   If there is a Silver lining, they were not losing these games 8-1 or 8-0.

The fucking Mets....   Scherzer, shits his pants again, wasting away a good offensive start to the game.   Then the bats go fucking sideways, there were something like 3-14 with guys in scoring position last night.   I knew 100% that in the 8th with bases loaded Lindor was going to strike out, I assumed that Marte was going to pop out 

35 minutes ago, jranieli said:

Things are not working out as expected. Maybe it is not all the managers fault, but they need to make a change. 

I am not sure you can stick it on Buck, but really, he does not seem to really fit in with a fun loving team.

20 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

I am not sure you can stick it on Buck, but really, he does not seem to really fit in with a fun loving team.

I am not blaming him for the horribly constructed roster. Can't blame him for the older players showing their age either. Some fans are already calling for his head and that's usually a bad sign.