SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

On 3/22/2024 at 4:14 PM, UK-Giantsfan said:

what do you think of the JD Martinez addition ?

i'm a big Vientos fan so i hope they can share the DH position

i've got no real problem with our batting line up ....seriously fucking worried about lack of quality starting pitching though !

I think Martinez is a great addition, and Vientos was sent down to AAA Syracuse.  I am sure at some point this season someone will be injured or need a rest and he will get called back up.

I agree with the pitching, they did have a good spring, hopefully they can keep that up.    I can't start thinking about playoff contention, I just want to have competitive baseball come July 4 at this point.

On 3/21/2024 at 3:25 PM, GorillaNJ said:

Or is this past offseason is a barometer it will be the Dodgers 

Well, if Oshani gets banned....they will have extra couple hundred million laying around to lock him down.

C. Wagon

Opening day Rained out...   at least they let everyone know.  They are playing the game Friday.

I used to love to go to opening day, would skip school with my buddies and hop the train out to Shea.   I was looking to go this year, cheapest seats were over $100, thats not including tolls, parking, bag of peanuts and a couple beers.

The Mets deserve no love....   I do not understand how the offense can look so inept.      They did give us one game in 4 with multiple runs.    

I try lying to myself, its only 4 out of 162, lots of time to pile up some wins...    but there is a sense of dread already for sure

3 hours ago, jranieli said:

12:10 start today of a double header. After a few days off, maybe they can turn things around. 

What the fuck is going on with McNeil..  he went from batting champ to chump

Good to see that Baty looks like he could be our genuine 3rd baseman of the future.
Jeff really needed that big hit.
Pitching has been ok these last 3 or 4 games .......now lets get the O rolling and make it 3 in a row !
Go Mets

A win against the Braves... not only a win, but one that had 2 comebacks and holding them off in the late innings.    That was one the Mets needed...  now to get at least one more win before leaving Atlanta

18 hours ago, jranieli said:

Senga to the 60-day DL. He was due back end of May. Probably June or July now. ugh

There are so many pitchers on the DL with back strains and elbows...      makes you wonder if the pitch clock has something to do with it.   I am sure throwing 98mph sliders does not help either