SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

1 hour ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

What a terrible lost season it has been . Perhaps the worst i have seen after so much expectation and investment ever.

Good to see Pete with his 2 homers and 6 RBI's last night. Hope the team retains its self respect into Sept ........but it is painful to watch

Go Mets in 24/25

I have not been even turning on the games, although I do try to watch when Senga pitches...   I love a pitcher with a nasty fucking curveball.   

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Craig Counsell ..........he's the man for the job

Loved Buck but he's getting too old for this shit

Go Mets in 2024 , fuck the Phillies

Fuck the Phillies and Fuck the Braves...

I really hope that they come out with an extension for Alonso really soon.   We are not going to get a better nor more popular 1st baseman, lock that guy up for the next 10 seasons

Hopefully they can land that pitcher yammomuto from Japan, it seems like he is the real deal

They should also be setting the market on Ohtani  

I’d like Soto to be honest.

Nimmo, Lindor , Alonso , Soto , McNeil , Álvarez, Vientos , Mauricio , ( not sure about Baty or Stewart )

Vogey , Marte Guillorme probably gone soon 

The biggest problem by miles is the pitching.

I don’t trust Megill or Peterson 

We only really have Senga and Quintana . We urgently need 2 more quality starters and a huge upgrade in the bullpen.

looking forward to the return of Diaz too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

classic JR ......but our starting pitching looks woefully inadequate to me right now !

It's going to be another one of those years. I think they can place above Miami and Washington. 10 games back in the wild card. 

On 1/13/2024 at 3:42 PM, jranieli said:

It's going to be another one of those years. I think they can place above Miami and Washington. 10 games back in the wild card. 

I was happy with the moves that they made last year loading up the farm system with talent...  but they need to get another serious starting pitcher to have any sort of a chance this season.   Can't blame them for not getting Yomomuto, he never wanted to come to the East Coast.    But they need to get Snell now, keep up with the Braves and make a move at the trade deadline 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

So it is looking like the Yanks are renting Soto before he gets Ft Knox tossed at him by the mets.

C. Wagon

Or is this past offseason is a barometer it will be the Dodgers 

what do you think of the JD Martinez addition ?

i'm a big Vientos fan so i hope they can share the DH position

i've got no real problem with our batting line up ....seriously fucking worried about lack of quality starting pitching though !