SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

Just rewatched the end of the game again. It’s just as stunning second time around.

You have to hand it to Marte for starting it all off ….. but what a sequence of events.

Norwood and Knebel really shat the bed for the Phillies ….. hiliarious ( I dislike them and Giradi nearly as much as I hate the fucking Eagles )

Loving This team and Buck …. Go Mets 

good to win another series against the Phillies.

Pete was absolutely on fire in that 2nd game of the doubleheader with the 2 run homer then the 3 run homer.

undefeated in any series so far on May 9th ....loving this team.

Go Mets 20-10

• 2 weeks later...

Split against the Cards yesterday...   It is nice to watch the game and feel like at any time they can put up some runs with some clutch hits.    I think it was the 6th inning of the second game it actually felt strange that they squandered bases loaded with only one out.

another series win.

14 wins in a row after a loss is really impressive.

i thought Walker pitched well yesterday and showed good command of his 4 pitches. ( 5 singles and 6 K's ). A shutout in Colorado is always impressive

Go Mets 28-15 

Hate to see a team put up 12 runs and still lose the game..  I was sleeping through most of it, but was woken up just in time to see the Giants get the game winning hit against Diaz...      When he is getting guys to swing at his slider he is unhittable, but when that slider is missing the plate and the batter has plate discipline it is a nightmare to watch. 

Nice win against the Phillies last night. Was a bit concerned when we blew a 7 run lead but good to get the 8-6 victory with a good save from Diaz. Pete really is remarkable. 45 RBI’s before the end of May is astonishing 

On 5/28/2022 at 7:23 AM, UK-Giantsfan said:

Nice win against the Phillies last night. Was a bit concerned when we blew a 7 run lead but good to get the 8-6 victory with a good save from Diaz. Pete really is remarkable. 45 RBI’s before the end of May is astonishing 

It is a great feeling that when the team goes down I do not feel like it is a guarantee loss.   

Nice watching Plummer starting off crazy hot.    Obviously he is going to come back to earth, but it is fun watching him come up and swing that bat so hard 

I hope the bats stay so hot on this West Coast trip...   I really do not understand how today is not a day off, flying to California last night and playing tonight?  I know the schedule is condensed, but this is pretty bullshit

A split with the Dodgers in LA..     really cannot complain about that with how good of a team they are.   I just hate I do not get to watch much with West Coast games.    I caught a bit of the 3rd game and I watched then listened to most of yesterdays win.    Was really happy to see them bounce back after blowing the lead in the 9th.  It feels like this team is very quick to respond after the other team scores a couple runs

Great to split the series after those disappointing first 2 games. 

great comeback yesterday with 3 runs in the 8th ( great at bats from Escobar and Nido )

and how about Medina with the save in the 10th against Betts , Freeman , Turner etc.

everybody is contributing….. loving Buck and the Mets team this season

16 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Great to split the series after those disappointing first 2 games. 

great comeback yesterday with 3 runs in the 8th ( great at bats from Escobar and Nido )

and how about Medina with the save in the 10th against Betts , Freeman , Turner etc.

everybody is contributing….. loving Buck and the Mets team this season

Never feel like we are out of the game...    I really still have little to no trust in Diaz though

22 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

Never feel like we are out of the game...    I really still have little to no trust in Diaz though

I'm fine with Diaz Grilla .......i love his slider that dips late . He seems to be getting 90-94 mph on that and then mixes it in with the 100 mph fastball. He has been pretty good in 2022 so far and seems to be getting ahead on the count early . i agree that he does have the odd wild one mixed in from time to time. Im more worried about Seth ...he seems to have lost control this season.

Hopefully Pete and Marte are ok after those nasty looking injuries last night !  

7 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

I'm fine with Diaz Grilla .......i love his slider that dips late . He seems to be getting 90-94 mph on that and then mixes it in with the 100 mph fastball. He has been pretty good in 2022 so far and seems to be getting ahead on the count early . i agree that he does have the odd wild one mixed in from time to time. Im more worried about Seth ...he seems to have lost control this season.

Hopefully Pete and Marte are ok after those nasty looking injuries last night !  

The thing that kills me about Diaz, if the batter just stands there and does not swing he has a fair chance to get on base.   He does have nasty stuff, but it seems to me he does not have much control and will wildly miss the plate.

Can't start watching this team get injured...   Did not hear anything yet about if they will be ready for tonight 

A split from the west coast trip is not the worst result..  will be nice getting to watch more games.

I was kind of annoyed that the game yesterday had no Ohtani and Trout was playing DH...     The couple innings of Trout interview was annoying as fuck, I want Keith, Garry and Ron

On 6/13/2022 at 5:45 PM, GorillaNJ said:

A split from the west coast trip is not the worst result..  will be nice getting to watch more games.

I was kind of annoyed that the game yesterday had no Ohtani and Trout was playing DH...     The couple innings of Trout interview was annoying as fuck, I want Keith, Garry and Ron

Trout is an annoying , unintelligent ,  smug , cocky prick ....and a fucking Eagles fan too

Nice home win yesterday. Bassitt looking much better. That first at bat from Nimmo at the top of the first was the signature moment in the whole game.

Bloody Braves keep winning ....but at least the Phillies lost !

Go Mets !