SportsWrath

January 18th 2015

BlueInCanada

The Denver Broncos hire Gary Kubiak as their new HC, a former career coordinator as well as HC of the Houston Texans.

He brought with him 12+ years of prior HC/coordinator experience as well as a staff consisting of Wade Phillips and Rick Dennison all who once coached with Kubiak at some point in time.

The results were immediate, adapting the team to a zone running style allowing for an aging Peyton Manning to not have to carry so much of the offense himself, as well as letting Wade Phillips turn that defense into the best in the NFL.

Kubiak doesn't have to reinvent the wheel, just lead the team to the playoffs, be a HC, and get results.

Peyton gets his second trouphy with a HC who actually knows how to lead a team in the NFL.

January 14th 2016.

Ben McAdoo gets hired as the HC of the NY Giants with all two years of offensive coordinator experience and no experience of HC in the NFL

He has a former SB winning QB, and some of the best WRs the Giants have had in their franchise history, and a offense he spent two years with.

Similar situations, and as seen very different results.

I fucking hate JR/Mara whoever made the decision to hire this fat untalented fuck as a HC.

I wonder what Mara is thinking "Hey you know this team you wanted to get another SB out of, they are 0-4, with no chance"

Meh...I don't fault the McAdoo hire...he worked his way up in Green Bay and had some success here as an OC. I think he was worth a shot. But that said, the welcome is worn out and the seat should be getting quite hot after 4 games. I agree with the poster (not necessarily in this thread) that stated McAdoo's future rests solely on how this team fights down the stretch knowing they're not making the playoffs. Do they fight and play spoilers or do they simply bend over, lube up and take it up the ass the rest of the way. Even if they fight the rest of the way, I'm of the opinion that that only earns him next season.

Kubiak was fired by the texans. John elway and kubiak are best friends. Elway also spent a lot of cash bringing in top players and he had peyton manning who is pretty much a head coach on the field. Mcadoo may not be the right guy. But its queationable whether kubiak could do much better here.

I know what hes saying but you could say that for about a dozen teams changing coaches around that time. Broncos threw buckets of money at free agents like ware and talib and lets face it peyton manning is a force running an offense.

Mcadoo isnt getting hammered if he had a decent offensive line right now. Eli is playing well these last 2 games. The defense has to make a stop yesterday and didnt.

I know what hes saying but you could say that for about a dozen teams changing coaches around that time. Broncos threw buckets of money at free agents like ware and talib and lets face it peyton manning is a force running an offense.

Mcadoo isnt getting hammered if he had a decent offensive line right now. Eli is playing well these last 2 games. The defense has to make a stop yesterday and didnt.

Giants threw buckets of money at Jenkins and Vernon.

And lets not forget Peyton was benched for Brock OIsuckWilder

Let that sink in, Kubiak benched Manning for Brock, with an Oline that makes the Giants look good.

And still won a SB.

What a difference a real HC can make on a team.

I think what BiC was trying to say is that the Broncos were smart enough to build around an aging QB with a stout running game, offensive line, and good defense. Our team was foolish enough to do just the opposite.

That's football 101... your OL is your #1 priority... Dallas realized that after years and years of sucking donkey balls and went on to draft draft and draft... Our FO strategy has been "best player available".. the problem with that is they've missed on a few where these guys were more like 4th rounders than 1st rounders.

Giants threw buckets of money at Jenkins and Vernon.

And lets not forget Peyton was benched for Brock OIsuckWilder

Let that sink in, Kubiak benched Manning for Brock, with an Oline that makes the Giants look good.

And still won a SB.

What a difference a real HC can make on a team.

Let this sink in talking about real head coaches. Which by the way john fox is

2016. Kubiak 9 wins. Mc adoo 11 wins

Kubiak record as a head coach with the texans. 61-64.

All the talk about mcadoo being maras guy is fair. But kubiak is elways boy no doubt

Big time but he was brought in specifically because of running Peyton's system. Coughlin's biggest fuck up was trying change a vet. Eli is doing the best he can but I feel this system doesn't suit him at all.

I think he has adapted admirably to the system however it does not play to his strengths. Eli Manning's strength has always been getting the ball downfield and not three yards away. The system isn't playing to the strength of a number of players on the roster and without a power running game, the NFC East either. Once Coughlin left, that aspect went with him.

Let this sink in talking about real head coaches. Which by the way john fox is

2016. Kubiak 9 wins. Mc adoo 11 wins

Kubiak record as a head coach with the texans. 61-64.

All the talk about mcadoo being maras guy is fair. But kubiak is elways boy no doubt

I'm not saying Kubiak is a HoF coach but he has coaching credentials, he is "Elways" boy because he has experience and has been around the entire NFL as a coordinator and HC. They brought him in to steer a team that was one good run from a SB win with the right HC. He didn't have to do anything fancy just get the team ready to play and let his coordinators do their jobs.

MacADoodles was a career oline coach until one year the GMB packers needed a towel boy aka QB coach for Rodgers. He had no experience what so ever before being hired by the gints as an OC and soon after HC. Since then he had an early embarrassing playoff exit and is steering the team into the ground.

2017 McAdoo 0-4 team is entirely eliminated from playoff contention.

JR/Mara took a gamble with a guy and it's failed all together to this point.