SportsWrath

Official NFL Draft 2017 thread

Bigblue25

For the love of God... What's so difficult about making a fucking phone call? If the price is too high then fuck it. Stay put and take Engram.

Reese himself said Engram was the 2nd TE on their board so that point is moot.

Ellison potentially going down was mentioned solely to cross those coming up with the bs line of "We signed Ellison to be our blocking TE." Call me old school but TEs need to be able to do both.

No one said 50/50 in Mac's offense. What I want is our offense not having to be in the 11 personnel on 95% of the snaps. I want to make sure we can blow a DL off the ball when needed and I don't see him at 230lbs being able to do that to an NFL DE when he's put in that situation to help our piss poor run blocking OL.

And seeing as how this keeps being lost on everyone I talk to I'll state it again... I hope to God he proves me wrong for the next 15 years. I hope he's OROY. And when Marshall retires I hope he can transition into his role seemlessly and help the next QB become greater than Eli.

You forgot to mention what else JR said in his interview.

"We didnt think any TE in this draft was good at blocking, that's how the college game is"

"We wanted him because he's a weapon, he can be used anywhere on the field, on the line, inline, outwide, blocking"

Even MacAttack said "He's gonna play with his hand in the ground"

I'd also like to see where he said Engram was the second TE on their board, JR is pretty tight lipped about the value of players, even told a reporter to basically shut the fuck up when they asked about where Foster was on his board.

You may not want the Giants to play 11 personnel but people got to realize this is the team that MacAttack has built, it's what Green Bay ran, it's what the Giants are going to run, he's not gonna take guys like Shepard/Marshall off the field for a majority of plays.

Ellison was brought in to knock DEs on their ass, Engram was brought in to help this offense win games, and not stall out when OBJ is double covered.

Honestly... what else do you or any of us think he and Mac are gonna say after taking him? Anything other than what they gave would've been like taking a shot at the kid. He did basically the same thing when we took Apple last year even though the world knew we wanted Conklin and Floyd.

Gimme a few on the Reese quote. I heard it 2nd hand from Dave Rothenberg and Anita Marks after the draft on the radio.

Check out the mug on that guy...it has NFL starter written all over it, lol

That or murderer....

I don't follow college Football nearly enough to have a real opinion. But I default trust the Giants draft room to to select stud athletes over a lesser player to fill a need.

I like another beast DT

That or murderer....

I don't follow college Football nearly enough to have a real opinion. But I default trust the Giants draft room to to select stud athletes over a lesser player to fill a need.

I like another beast DT

Generally can't go wrong with SEC linemen