SportsWrath

Giants Re-signing Beatty

Mr. P

I'm very happy Beatty is back... Not even sure why he couldn't get a better deal somewhere else... I'll take it.

I think he was designated as a "worst case everyone else ends up on IR, no one else is left to sign" type of FA.

He had workouts, from what I hear none of them impressive and a lot of questions over his health.

I'm sure he would of been on some team by week eight after injuries set in.

I think he was designated as a "worst case everyone else ends up on IR, no one else is left to sign" type of FA.

He had workouts, from what I hear none of them impressive and a lot of questions over his health.

I'm sure he would of been on some team by week eight after injuries set in.

How could they not have been as impressed as our staff was about his footwork...

The guy was the #1 ranked LT through the first 6 weeks of 2014, and ended the year ranked #11 in pass and top 10 in run blocking.

That was a while and a number of injuries ago...and on the left side. We'll see where he falls on the depth chart. Have to believe Newhouse is pissed, but if it makes him play better, than so be it.

I'm a little concerned he's getting into practice a little late. Might not see him in a game until week 2 or 3 after he's up to speed, but who really knows.

Bottom line, he's far better than the worst OT we have on the team and as such, we improved with this move.

That was a while and a number of injuries ago...and on the left side. We'll see where he falls on the depth chart. Have to believe Newhouse is pissed, but if it makes him play better, than so be it.

He sat out one year, with muscle injuries that have been repaired. If it was a knee or hip I'd be more pessimistic and I don't think his retina is going to pop out again, that was a freak thing. I think we got good player at a very good price and he'll be a big improvement over Milhouse.

He sat out one year, with muscle injuries that have been repaired. If it was a knee or hip I'd be more pessimistic and I don't think his retina is going to pop out again, that was a freak thing. I think we got good player at a very good price and he'll be a big improvement over Milhouse.

Newhouse...and yeah, I think Beatty is an improvement. We're not disagreeing. I just wonder if switching Beatty to LT and Flowers to RT will be necessary to see the improvement.

We need backups too.

I think Hart could easily come in at RG or RT should someone go down. Beatty is also only on a 1 year deal. I wouldn't expect him back in 2017.

There's literally zero downside to signing Beatty

And multiple teams wanted him on a vet min deal, he called Jerry Reese at the final hour and they hashed away the past.

Multiple teams wanted him....LMAO he was released in February...He's a stop gap days before the season starts. How this could be considered anything other than an act of desperation....holy cow....

I want some of what you're smoking.

Multiple teams wanted him....LMAO he was released in February...He's a stop gap days before the season starts. How this could be considered anything other than an act of desperation....holy cow....

I want some of what you're smoking.

He was also coming back from an injury and most likely not close to 100% at the start of free agency. I never thought releasing him was a smart move on the first place and of course the team would simply value him more than others around the league considering his history of injuries which puts his durability into question and his age.