SportsWrath

Randle an Eagle

Mr. P

I can't say I'd be pissed with a WR in the first so long as it's on a player of OBJ's caliber...which I don't think this draft offers. As it is, I'm thinking 3rd or 4th round this year for a WR. Could've gone earlier had we snagged an OT in free agency.

For my money, I can't help but look at DE, OT/OG, LB, WR in that order...but it'd also be difficult not to throw a CB/S in those first 4 rounds too.

I'm just really hoping that our failure to snag the OT in free agency doesn't have the negative impact in 2016 that our failure to snag a S last offseason had on 2015.

So to me RT is less concerning than a WR2 and WR3

So to me RT is less concerning than a WR2 and WR3

I'd say those three are less concerning for me than both OLB positions, FS #1, Nickle corner, Guard.

I think the Giants look to round three and FA for a WR need, there are simply no WRs in this years draft, which is shocking since normally drafts have a lot of talent at that position.

I'd say those three are less concerning for me than both OLB positions, FS #1, Nickle corner, Guard.

I think the Giants look to round three and FA for a WR need, there are simply no WRs in this years draft, which is shocking since normally drafts have a lot of talent at that position.

There's talent at WR the top guys just aren't Cooper from last year or OBJ, Watkins and Evans from 2014

There's talent at WR the top guys just aren't Cooper from last year or OBJ, Watkins and Evans from 2014

See to me you draft a guy inside the top 5/10/15 to be a playmaker, to be the guy who is on NFL network, who carries his team to a win.

I don't think Treadwell or any WR in the draft is that type of guy, but what do I know, it all depends on where they end up and who's throwing to them.

See to me you draft a guy inside the top 5/10/15 to be a playmaker, to be the guy who is on NFL network, who carries his team to a win.

I don't think Treadwell or any WR in the draft is that type of guy, but what do I know, it all depends on where they end up and who's throwing to them.

There's no top 15 or maybe even top 20 guys, but late 1st/Early 2nd guys could be good. Coleman/Doctson/Thomas/Fuller between 20-40 could be playmakers

..........and who are we going to replace him with as our number 2 wide receiver ?

relying upon Cruz , Harris or some French kid i've never heard of worries me

This I'm convinced of... Randle was a liability.. he sucked camel balls... I'm glad he's off the team. ANYONE on our roster right now is better than him... including that unknown commodity from France.

well.... lets not go crazy. If he was that much of a liability, he wouldn't have been the #2. This is more damning of the rest of the receivers though, to get beat out by that ten cent head fucker.

not going crazy.. he was a fucking liability to 3rd power. Old man Tom had a problem trying out other guys.. they have to sit on the bench and fucking hatch first... Look I had that problem playing soccer... Some dumbass coach thought I need to warm the bench for x number of games first... Yet the new coach had me start... first game I started we won 11-0... I scored 10... no fucking kidding... Unrelated I know but that's how much I resent the old mentalities like Saint Coughlin.

not going crazy.. he was a fucking liability to 3rd power. Old man Tom had a problem trying out other guys.. they have to sit on the bench and fucking hatch first... Look I had that problem playing soccer... Some dumbass coach thought I need to warm the bench for x number of games first... Yet the new coach had me start... first game I started we won 11-0... I scored 10... no fucking kidding... Unrelated I know but that's how much I resent the old mentalities like Saint Coughlin.

Except Randle was getting out there when he was the new guy... so Randle, oddly enough given his mental lapses, is a case that disproves this notion that inexperienced players didn't get a chance from Coughlin.

Except Randle was getting out there when he was the new guy... so Randle, oddly enough given his mental lapses, is a case that disproves this notion that inexperienced players didn't get a chance from Coughlin.

We're not talking absolutes here... Sure some guys may kindda sometimes get a chance but god forbid a rookie makes a mistake... Look I'm just glad old Tom is gone and I'm glad Randle is also gone. His salary with the Eagles is indicative of his value...

That it is, LOL.... I'm sure he thought he was going to make a lot more money this year.

I'm just saying that not only does it tell us something about his value, it also says something about the value of the guys playing behind him. Might not say everything... we've been surprised before (Cruz).

And yet, Rueben Randle was one of the few Giants who could actually score a touchdown. I'm not saying he's great, but they are merely weaker at the position right now, and he signed with the Eagles for peanuts.

That it is, LOL.... I'm sure he thought he was going to make a lot more money this year.

I'm just saying that not only does it tell us something about his value, it also says something about the value of the guys playing behind him. Might not say everything... we've been surprised before (Cruz).

Harris played very well when he was on the field... why he wasn't thrusted as #2 is beyond me...

And yet, Rueben Randle was one of the few Giants who could score a touchdown. I'm not saying he's great, but they are merely weaker at the position right now, and he signed with the Eagles for peanuts.

Hard to score a touchdown from the bench.

Randle had 8 TDs last year. He's not great but "liability" is a bit strong. I still believe he had all the tools to be a great Y WR with the right coaching. I think the persistent knee tendinitis played a big role in deciding to let him go.

Randle had 8 TDs last year. He's not great but "liability" is a bit strong. I still believe he had all the tools to be a great Y WR with the right coaching. I think the persistent knee tendinitis played a big role in deciding to let him go.

Even unable to get any separation he could still find the end zone.

Coaching isn't going to help Randle, it is on him to play better. It is years of inconsistency that has earned him a one year contract, because you know you can do better than him next year.

He is fucking unreliable end of story.

How many times did his horrible route running cost an interception? Or incompletions? Or his lack of ability to separate? He was a below par 2nd WR....