SportsWrath

Dan Graziano nails it

JMFP

COUGHLIN SCOUTS AND PICKS PLAYERS TOO.

Reese also isn't responsible for DEVELOPING players. That's entirely on Coughlin. No one can say guys like Moore lacked the physical talent to play in the NFL, and at a high level. It was up to Coughlin to turn him into a professional and he failed miserably. I'd say the same for Randle, and several of the OLine and TE picks who amounted to nothing...and you could argue he hasn't been up to par handling Beckham's development either.

And yes, player development also includes strength and conditioning. It's not Reese's fault Beatty tore his pec lifting weights in pre-season training. It's not Reese's fault Cruz never saw the field this year, or that Mook tore his pec too.

Coughlin was at every combine and pro day with the rest of Reese's team. He was very involved in making the picks. It wasn't Reese with the Boston College boner either.

Finally the voice of reason.

All this TC crying needs to fucking stop. He missed the playoffs for 4 straight years. He held on to Jerry Palmieri which demolished the team. He had seven games this year that were blown by coaching in the final 2 minutes.

Yes, we can thank him for the Super Bowls. Yes, Reese should probably go too. But all of the "woe is me" bullshit needs to stop. Tom had an awesome run for the ages but it was clearly time to go. He might not have been "THE" problem but he was part of it for sure.

It all comes down to if the replacement makes them stronger. If a lot of their woes were caused by injuries, then I don't give someone 2 years. We should be back in the playoffs next year, especially in that division. I want a coach who is willing to work the talent he has to make them better. Not one that wants to roll out his system. What I liked about Parcells is that he used the strength of the team. He was a defensive guy in NY, more of an offensive guy in New England and Jets, Dallas. Coughlin was the same way. That's why I want Payton. He seems to let the talent decide the system.

Finally the voice of reason.

All this TC crying needs to fucking stop. He missed the playoffs for 4 straight years. He held on to Jerry Palmieri which demolished the team. He had seven games this year that were blown by coaching in the final 2 minutes.

Yes, we can thank him for the Super Bowls. Yes, Reese should probably go too. But all of the "woe is me" bullshit needs to stop. Tom had an awesome run for the ages but it was clearly time to go. He might not have been "THE" problem but he was part of it for sure.

I can cry if I want to! 22c839e33ba3819ad76b7cb028c8aac9.png

As Leslie (may she RIP) would say,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsYJyVEUaC4

Damontre Moore's failings are on Damontre Moore. Most of the other players that played for Coughlin talk about how he is "their coach" and that he challenged them to be better men. Coughlin isn't responsible for Moore being late and skipping meetings, so on and so forth. It's ultimately up to the player to meet that challenge.

Shocking that a player that obviously didn't prepare for the combine ultimately did not take his responsibilities to his football team seriously, either.

There's a reason Moore wasn't picked until the third round and that reason is that teams knew he lacked character... and that ultimately cost him a place on the team. The Giants gave him an opportunity and he alone threw it away.

It all comes down to if the replacement makes them stronger. If a lot of their woes were caused by injuries, then I don't give someone 2 years. We should be back in the playoffs next year, especially in that division. I want a coach who is willing to work the talent he has to make them better. Not one that wants to roll out his system. What I liked about Parcells is that he used the strength of the team. He was a defensive guy in NY, more of an offensive guy in New England and Jets, Dallas. Coughlin was the same way. That's why I want Payton. He seems to let the talent decide the system.

No doubt the Cowboys feel the same way. They had a strong defense this year and are picking what, fourth in the draft? If Romo is able to stay healthy they would be considered the favorites in the division.

No doubt the Cowboys feel the same way. They had a strong defense this year and are picking what, fourth in the draft? If Romo is able to stay healthy they would be considered the favorites in the division.

Yeah, no doubt. That shoulder is so fragile though. Didn't say it would be easy, but with a pass rush and the safeties back the defense should improve immeasurably.