SportsWrath

Settling down for the long haul

Tempest

I have to say reading some of the threads & posts from people earlier today, that I'm not entirely surprised Giants lost this game and how everyone is reacting to this disappointing loss. Only thing that surprised me about tonight was nobody had to be carted off the field.

Fans watched their team win two hard games and had momentum in their favor. A great team in another division then goes on to play a division opponent back to back and secures first place in the division and is looking at the playoffs.

The Giants are not that team. This is not that division.

The Giants don't make the march into the playoffs easy, they grind it out man to man, play by play, quarter by quarter, team by team. It is equal parts frustration when they lose to exhilaration when they win.

Nobody in the NFC East is going to sit back and crown us the division champs. We will see the Eagles again and hopefully we take the game up another notch.

Point is: Any time you take an opponent in this division for granted, the only thing you get handed to you is your ass and a loss.

Let me tell you something... The Giants need to win 8 of the next ten. Because that puts them at 11-5 and they win the division at 11-5. But Romo is going to come back and if the Cowboys can win just 2 of the next 4 games that Romo is out, they have a legit chance at going 6-1 in their remaining games looking at their schedule. That's 10-6. So the Giants better bring it EVERY week from here on out because they ain't gonna squeak into the playoffs this year at 8-8 or 9-7, not gonna happen.

You know what? Considering the fiasco of this off season, the potential shown by the youngins, and the limbo half of our "stars" are in, I'll take a 9-7 season and smile going into the following season with a ton of cap space.

I expected a loss from the eagles. That's what those fuckers do to us, no matter what the era.

I can take a loss. What I cannot take is the kind of showing that we put out in a pressure game. The offensive line just didn't show up or give Eli time. I don't know what plays we were even calling on offense in the second half. Murray shat the bed for 5 weeks and suddenly our No.1 Run D gives him 100 yrds??? I was hoping this was Eli's 5 INT game - but it wasn't. This was a loss yes, but to lose to a team that was playing pathetic football was unacceptable. Not expected after the last couple weeks. Hence the pissed-offness.

Doesn't help when both starting WR's only have a 100 yards between them either.

What do you mean? Larry Donnell, Will Tye, Myles White, and Dwayne Harris aren't acceptable targets when you're trying to close a lead?!

What do you mean? Larry Donnell, Will Tye, Myles White, and Dwayne Harris aren't acceptable targets when you're trying to close a lead?!

Rough night for sure, how the hell do you have that many STUPID penalties? we lost and deserved to, but if that shit continues, it's 2012/2013 all over again.

You know what? Considering the fiasco of this off season, the potential shown by the youngins, and the limbo half of our "stars" are in, I'll take a 9-7 season and smile going into the following season with a ton of cap space.

I expected a loss from the eagles. That's what those fuckers do to us, no matter what the era.

"If you're the Philadelphia Eagles, you live for games against the Giants in the regular season. Sure you always lose to the Redskins...It's what you do.

But if you want to save 15% on your car insurance, you switch to Geico."

I can take a loss. What I cannot take is the kind of showing that we put out in a pressure game. The offensive line just didn't show up or give Eli time. I don't know what plays we were even calling on offense in the second half. Murray shat the bed for 5 weeks and suddenly our No.1 Run D gives him 100 yrds??? I was hoping this was Eli's 5 INT game - but it wasn't. This was a loss yes, but to lose to a team that was playing pathetic football was unacceptable. Not expected after the last couple weeks. Hence the pissed-offness.

I knew we were going to lose this game when Moore roughed the passer... And sure enough, Donnell gets the ball stripped from him and and Eli throws a pick 6... Yep... that's how we do against the Eagles.

"If you're the Philadelphia Eagles, you live for games against the Giants in the regular season. Sure you always lose to the Redskins...It's what you do.

But if you want to save 15% on your car insurance, you switch to Geico."

Yeah I was thinking that the Giants are the Eagles' version of what the Redskins are to us.

"Man, this team really needs a win... oh thank God, Washington is on the schedule next... "

Yeah I was thinking that the Giants are the Eagles' version of what the Redskins are to us.

"Man, this team really needs a win... oh thank God, Washington is on the schedule next... "

In a best case scenario: we beat the Redskins for the second time and split against the Eagles and Cowboys. That way, we might win the division even if we're 8-8 because our division sucks so bad.

Our in-division games are never predictable and never pretty. This team can redeem itself if it stomps the Cowboys into the ground and then grinds it into dust. And I want to hang a donut on the Eagles when they come to MetLife. That would cheer me up.

It's really astounding that we're still tied for first place in our division. Unbelievable.

Ugh, not this again. I hate taking 9-7 seasons

Let me tell you something... The Giants need to win 8 of the next ten. Because that puts them at 11-5 and they win the division at 11-5. But Romo is going to come back and if the Cowboys can win just 2 of the next 4 games that Romo is out, they have a legit chance at going 6-1 in their remaining games looking at their schedule. That's 10-6. So the Giants better bring it EVERY week from here on out because they ain't gonna squeak into the playoffs this year at 8-8 or 9-7, not gonna happen.

I'll bring this up again at the end of the season

Doesn't help when both starting WR's only have a 100 yards between them either.

You forgot both suffered hamstring injuries at the end of the 49er game, answer to beating the Eagles wasn't the passing game.

Murray should send some of his game check to the Giants OLine. The D was dead by the time Murray started gaining yards.