SportsWrath

At least somebody is happy with the Giants blowing the game last night.

Sephiroth

If we have a losing season I think the job's his if he wants it. He's already tight with the Maras and has a proven track record.

I've told you before and I'll tell you again (and again and again and...): he's done, long past expiration date, nobody wants him. He's been available for how many years and through how many coaching hires and I can't recall the last time I even heard his name mentioned. The older Mara's might have had an affinity for him 10+ years ago but that was then and this is now.....and the current ownership has zero interest in this Buffalo Wild Wings blowhard.

And, as I've told you before and will tell you again (and again and again and....), if you dislike TC, you'd hate Cowher! He's TC's rigidness with less talent! It takes more than a bulldog jaw, spittle and screaming to win in the NFL today.

I've told you before and I'll tell you again (and again and again and...): he's done, long past expiration date, nobody wants him. He's been available for how many years and through how many coaching hires and I can't recall the last time I even heard his name mentioned. The older Mara's might have had an affinity for him 10+ years ago but that was then and this is now.....and the current ownership has zero interest in this Buffalo Wild Wings blowhard.

And, as I've told you before and will tell you again (and again and again and....), if you dislike TC, you'd hate Cowher! He's TC's rigidness with less talent! It takes more than a bulldog jaw, spittle and screaming to win in the NFL today.

I've told you before, however, I won't say it again (or again or again or again...), I'll just copy and paste my Cowher Manifesto.

1. He'll provide a stable element to the team. Lets be honest... we need a new GM, a new head coach, and probably about 50% of the starters need to be replaced. Cowher is a guy that can come in and build a program. That ring on his finger gives him instant credibility, and we're going to need , someone who's "been there, done that," so that the new GM (I hope at least) can get his feet under him. Cowher's the man for the job.

2. He knows the Maras. Its no secret he's wanted this job for a long time. Cowher knows the Maras personally and in the past has expressed his desire to be in blue. It won't simply be a matter of a pay raise; he wants to be here. There also won't be any question as to how things are done in the Meadowlands... he knows the drill.

3. He can win with shitty rosters. Tell me what these players have in common: Mike Tomczak, Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, and Tommy Maddox. Well, those were the QBs that Cowher all took into the playoffs. Yeah, I know he "never won the big one" for 13 years, but when that's who your GM is trotting out to play the most important position on the field, what do you expect? The fact he had winning records alone is a miracle, and he was three Neil O'Donnell picks away from beating the Aikman, Smith, and Irvin holy trinity in the Super Bowl. The first year he got a decent QB on the team? Well, he won the Super Bowl with a rookie Ben Roethlisberger. Not just that, but the Pittsburgh roster was raided literally EVERY year... and every year he'd develop new talent and put a competitive team out on the field.

4. His brand of football is Giants football. Like power running? How about Barry Foster, Bam Morris, Chris Fuatu-Ma'afala, or some guy named Jerome Bettis? Wish you could trade Larry Donnell for a Heath Miller or Eric Greene-type guy? This is the man for the job. You want linebackers? How about Levon Kirkland, Chad Brown, Kevin Greene, James Farrior, Greg Lloyd, or James Harrison? Fucking shit, when was the last time we had a Larry Foote-caliber linebacker on the team? Cowher's teams are built on the interior line, with linebackers, running backs, and TEs... Giants football.

5. He won't hold on to coaches that suck because they're "his guys" or whatever. He fired Tim Lewis when he posted the 1st, 7th, 7th, and 9th ranked defenses in Pittsburgh. Enough said.

However, I will say this... it's not that "nobody wants" Cowher, it's that he's waiting for the Giants job to open to come back to coaching or he's not interested. If fucking Norv Turner can have three coaching jobs in this league then I'l bet the bank there are a ton of teams who'd love to have a coach like Cowher.

I've told you before, however, I won't say it again (or again or again or again...), I'll just copy and paste my Cowher Manifesto.

However, I will say this... it's not that "nobody wants" Cowher, it's that he's waiting for the Giants job to open to come back to coaching or he's not interested. If fucking Norv Turner can have three coaching jobs in this league then I'l bet the bank there are a ton of teams who'd love to have a coach like Cowher.

How Norv Turner is still in this league, I will never know.