SportsWrath

Giants Cuts/Moves

Mr. P

What I've read so far is that the Seahawks want O-Diggy and next year's 1st, Hankins or both. Also hearing Kennard's name being thrown around coupled with multiple draft picks.

I would be disappointed in losing anyone of those guys...even for Kam.

Don't do it Reese!

I brought up the possibility of the Giants contacting Seattle a few weeks ago about Chancellor. I suggested JPP as a potential player to trade. I'm sure he'd have to clear medical exams and all that from BOTH teams...because the Giants won't sign him until they examine him and the Seahawks wouldn't trade for him without examining him. IF he were to pass both physicals, I'd trade him for Chancellor straight up...maybe throw in a 3rd rounder to sweeten the pot.

But, there is no way I'd trade Kennard, Owa, Hankins or any of the other young talent we currently have, especially on defense. And if that is a deal breaker for Seattle, than so be it...let them deal with Chancellor.

Seems everyone is upset with that, but the coaches who spend hours scouring and watching tapes from different angles, and hours working with these guys know a whole lot more about the player than we do based on games on TV. And these guys are professionals. Also, players are given assignments on special plays and some players that may appear better than another, might be completely out of position and missing their assignment. The coaches analyze the tiniest nuances and details of every play of every player. If they analyzed players based solely on game day on CBS and had no experience working one-on-one with players...then they'd be the same as us and we'd probably go 0-16 every year making the Raiders look good. Gotta trust they know things we don't.

Also, Kuhn is used more for getting through the line to pressure the QB than he is for playing like a nose tackle or a wall against the run. And depending on the game, the defense adapts to teams that excel in certain situations. Gotta trust that the coaches have a better idea than the rest of us when it comes to evaluating a player's worth.

Bottom line: the coaches know a whole lot more than we do. They interact with each player both on and off the field and know each player's strengths and weaknesses and what's going on between their ears and whether or not they have issues that are unknown to fans.

I just want to remind everyone Markus Kuhn has 1 career sack in 4 years. And I think that's because the QB was tripped by his own RB and Kuhn touched him.

The Ellis cut is still so bizarre to me, especially to sign somebody else's cut. But the McClain cut was weird, too. That was our leading tackler from last season, and Beason doesn't stay healthy. I guess Unga is that good and cheaper. And Beason is already out for week 1, so I wonder if Unga gets his first career start or if Kennard moves to the mike and Herzlich starts.

we'll see about that one. I don't think the team cuts guys like Kendrick Ellis if Kuhn isn't holding his own as a space eater on the interior. To my eyes he does one thing well, and that is take on double teams. And that is enough.

Watch the preseason games. Kuhn is strong but has terrible leverage and always lets linemen get low and into his pads. He's really not good at anything.

we'll see about that one. I don't think the team cuts guys like Kendrick Ellis if Kuhn isn't holding his own as a space eater on the interior. To my eyes he does one thing well, and that is take on double teams. And that is enough.

Guys like him?

A non-starting, under performing third round pick who was cut by the Jets?

Did people think he was a pro-bowl player or something?