SportsWrath

Giants Cuts/Moves

Mr. P

Brett Jones on IR? Did he stub his toe on the way into camp this morning? What's up with the Giants and IRing everyone?

Sprained MCL.

Numbers game he may not have made it. I look forward to him at camp again next year hopefully.

Brett Jones on IR? Did he stub his toe on the way into camp this morning? What's up with the Giants and IRing everyone?

Yeah, it's a numbers game. I have long been an advocate of expanding the roster as well as adding a couple "protected" to the practice squad.

The Giants must have seen something in him that they liked in order to protect him by sticking him on the IR.

In the last preseason game, he got hit hard and was walking wobbly and looked hurt. I don't know the extent of his injury, but he got his bell rung pretty hard.

I think Giants/ Seahawks talk is heating up again... Giants +6 mill in cap money. And,and ODB just started following Kam on twitter... future teamates? We shall see.

What I've read so far is that the Seahawks want O-Diggy and next year's 1st, Hankins or both. Also hearing Kennard's name being thrown around coupled with multiple draft picks.

I would be disappointed in losing anyone of those guys...even for Kam.

Don't do it Reese!

What I've read so far is that the Seahawks want O-Diggy and next year's 1st, Hankins or both. Also hearing Kennard's name being thrown around coupled with multiple draft picks.

Don't do it Reese!

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Don't throw away the future trying to add an immediate impact starter in what is most likely to be a lost season. Last act of a desperate man---Reese.

Don't do it Reese!

That's way too much. The roster is too thin to mortgage the future for one safety, as good as he is.

Seahawks just traded with Chiefs to acquire another safety...

Seattle gave up next years 5th round pick for Kelcie McCray. It seems to me that Seattle has every intention of moving on without Chancellor if they have already given up draft picks for next year for a replacement.

If Seattle would take a 2nd round pick for Kam, I'd pull the trigger in a heart beat. He's only 26, one of the top safeties in the league having been a pro-bowler the last 3 years, and would make a great tandem with Collins while mentoring him. But I would not give up any of the young studs they'd like in return.

Personally, I think the Giants are in the drivers seat here because they'd love to have him on the team, but not as badly as Seattle wants some team to take him off their hands.

Giants would need to negotiate a new contract for him too.

Yeah...he wouldn't come cheap. But the Giants have shed a lot of salary in their choice of cutting players and opening up cap space, which seems to be their objective (i.e., free up cap space and get younger all around).

And who knows what is going to happen with JPP. He's a huge hunk of cash that will fall off the books next year if he ends up cut due to blowing up his fucking hand! No one really knows what kind of player he'll be when he returns, but blowing one's hand up and losing part of it cannot improve a player's performance.

I would love to see Kam in a Giants' uniform, but I just don't want to see any of the young stud players given up for him. Ideally, a 3rd and maybe Andre Williams or something. I don't think cap space will be an issue as much as what we'd have to give up initially to get him. I believe the Giants are seriously trying to work out a deal, so I guess we sit back and see what happens.

Kam would probably move Collins to the bench. They are both in-the-box Stong Safeties. Kam may be able to move to Free Safety, but I don't know if he would have success at that position. I would want him, but the Seahawks are unlikely to move him for what I would want him for.

How the fuck is Kuhn still on our team ?

Seems everyone is upset with that, but the coaches who spend hours scouring and watching tapes from different angles, and hours working with these guys know a whole lot more about the player than we do based on games on TV. And these guys are professionals. Also, players are given assignments on special plays and some players that may appear better than another, might be completely out of position and missing their assignment. The coaches analyze the tiniest nuances and details of every play of every player. If they analyzed players based solely on game day on CBS and had no experience working one-on-one with players...then they'd be the same as us and we'd probably go 0-16 every year making the Raiders look good. Gotta trust they know things we don't.

Also, Kuhn is used more for getting through the line to pressure the QB than he is for playing like a nose tackle or a wall against the run. And depending on the game, the defense adapts to teams that excel in certain situations. Gotta trust that the coaches have a better idea than the rest of us when it comes to evaluating a player's worth.

Bottom line: the coaches know a whole lot more than we do. They interact with each player both on and off the field and know each player's strengths and weaknesses and what's going on between their ears and whether or not they have issues that are unknown to fans.

Seems everyone is upset with that, but the coaches who spend hours scouring and watching tapes from different angles, and hours working with these guys know a whole lot more about the player than we do based on games on TV. And these guys are professionals. Also, players are given assignments on special plays and some players that may appear better than another, might be completely out of position and missing their assignment. The coaches analyze the tiniest nuances and details of every play of every player. If they analyzed players based solely on game day on CBS and had no experience working one-on-one with players...then they'd be the same as us and we'd probably go 0-16 every year making the Raiders look good. Gotta trust they know things we don't.

Also, Kuhn is used more for getting through the line to pressure the QB than he is for playing like a nose tackle or a wall against the run. And depending on the game, the defense adapts to teams that excel in certain situations. Gotta trust that the coaches have a better idea than the rest of us when it comes to evaluating a player's worth.

Bottom line: the coaches know a whole lot more than we do. They interact with each player both on and off the field and know each player's strengths and weaknesses and what's going on between their ears and whether or not they have issues that are unknown to fans.

Every team has a guy who is good enough to make the roster, but not good enough to make a difference.

Kuhn is our guy.

Every team has a guy who is good enough to make the roster, but not good enough to make a difference.

Kuhn is our guy.

The way the cap space is setup, it would be sweet to be like the Yankees and spend as much as you want so that difference makers were all over the team at every position. Unfortunately, you can afford to pay big bucks for about 4 or if lucky, 5 difference makers (and one better be a QB, another a DE, and an OT and a CB). Then you have to figure out how to use players who simply do what the coaches demand of them so that the difference makers can make a difference.

We aren't going to put Ndamukong Suh and JJ Watt on our D-line and have Richard Sherman and Luke Kuechly backing them up and still have a top tier QB and a couple of decent offensive linemen. The money just doesn't work that way.

People are biased against Kuhn because he's white, from Germany, has a weird/atypical defensive lineman build, and rocks a weird haircut. He's not terrible.

I like his AC Slater haircut and the fact that he's German.

I just don't like his football play.

People are biased against Kuhn because he's white, from Germany, has a weird/atypical defensive lineman build, and rocks a weird haircut. He's not terrible.

I don't see Kuhn as a starter based on the last three seasons. It should have been Bromley getting a lionshare of the playing time. Markus Kuhn hasn't been the answer to stopping the run yet and we get to watch that all season long.

THANK YOU! That's a timely reminder as we enter a season that looks like it could be a long one and if so, is sure to be full of coach bashing around here!