SportsWrath

Preseason: Giants at Bengals

Mr. P

Achilles

Don't worry though. I've been listening to Anita Marks on the Giants podcast and she has made it known that Giants Nation shouldn't be worried about the depth at safety or OL, because some team will release somebody that can start for the Giants at those spots.

That's how great teams are built... with guys cut in August from other teams.

Darkwa looks like he has better vision this year. Has some pretty decent moves as well. I know he's in against the 2nd string but I was watching his cuts and jukes. Although I don't believe he broke the plane with the football.

Darkwa looks like he has better vision this year. Has some pretty decent moves as well. I know he's in against the 2nd string but I was watching his cuts and jukes. Although I don't believe he broke the plane with the football.

Yeah I thought the same. Nassib looks sharp as well.

Corey Washington on the other hand is showing why he didn't get any playing time last year.

We almost always look bad in preseason. I'm just not pleased about the injuries, at least Collins xray was negative, hopefully he's ok.

Darkwa and Hunt looked good. Darkwa has the advantage but Hunt is putting up a fight.

and Kerry Wynn already looks better than Damontre Moore. and Bennett Jackson looks like he will start for us at safety. and Wade looked good at CB, which is good since I think we lost a couple corners last night.

Same as every preseason opener in recent memory. Every year, I hear myself saying, "what the hell are we doing in camp"? I think this year was worse because of the joint workouts leading up to the game - we ran the same vanilla stuff the Bengals saw all week.

I didn't get to see the game and was forced to watch a Yankees game instead and it was possibly the best game I've seen in years, so it all worked out for the better.

I have DirectTV and the game was on the NYC NBC channel 4 - which for some reason was blacked out in my area (my base TV area comes from Syracuse). Pissed me off, but glad to have watched the Yanks' game. What a nail-biting, high emotion game. Regardless, I'll get to see a rerun of the game in fast track on the NFL channel later.

My biggest fear preseason is always injuries. I was following the game scores and highlights on the computer in the background. When I saw that Collins was taken off the field to have his knee x-rayed, my heart fell through the floor. But I read now that he is okay. I've read that Darkwa and Hunt looked good and many are saying Nassib looks good.

Sounds like the Giants have a long way to go before they are ready for a real game.