SportsWrath

EMB Breaking With Recent Moves!

carl 1010

dammit .......thought Murray was leaving the East .......now he is going to be in green ......i will hate him even more !

I don't think Murray is anything special. That Dallas OLine was.

This.

2013 leader in carries was LeSean Mccoy, he fell off a bit this past season.

2012 leader in carries was Arian Foster, the next year only 500yds.

2011 Jones-Drew, he fell off the face of the earth.

2010 it was Michael Turner, haven't heard much from him since.

2009 it was Chris Johnson, right.

2008 it was Michael Turner so he ended up having another good season at least.

2007 was Clinton Portis he had one more good year and then broke.

2006 Larry Johnson, remember him?

2005 Shaun Alexander great year, but fell right off.

The Dallas line was/is special, but so is Murray. And I read that PFF gave last year's Philly Oline the second highest grade in the NFL behind Dallas. Murray made I believe, the most yards after contact in the NFL last year. He is a great RB, it's not really debatable when the facts are laid out.

At the same time, at least in McCoy's example, Kelly seemed to have a plan to limit him and justify sending him packing. For no reason he lost goalline carries. He split carries with Sproles and lost pretty much all of the third down passing downs to him, too. And McCoy can do all of that, he's an every down back. There was no justification in letting Chris Polk take all of the goalline totes at the end of the season other than to limit Shady's value to the team. I'd argue that, at the very least, his touchdown total was, by design, limited.

At the same time, at least in McCoy's example, Kelly seemed to have a plan to limit him and justify sending him packing. For no reason he lost goalline carries. He split carries with Sproles and lost pretty much all of the third down passing downs to him, too. And McCoy can do all of that, he's an every down back. There was no justification in letting Chris Polk take all of the goalline totes at the end of the season other than to limit Shady's value to the team. I'd argue that, at the very least, his touchdown total was, by design, limited.

I don't recall so I'll take your word about the goalline carries thing, but McCoy was still 2nd in the league in carries.

I don't recall so I'll take your word about the goalline carries thing, but McCoy was still 2nd in the league in carries.

He got a majority of the touches between the 20s, I'd wager...red zone went to Sproles, goalline went to Polk.

He's right about the end of the season. McCoy fantasy owners know lol

Yeah one thing about fantasy is that it makes you aware of certain players you otherwise wouldn't know much about.

I, for example, know that Belichick would just decide week to week who got touches at rb. If he wasn't super secret guy Vereen would have been even more impressive.

I think it's smart to sell high on a rb who I think has peaked but signing demarco kinda negates that. I thought the Mathews deal was really nice value and that he'd do great there if he stayed healthy

Yeah one thing about fantasy is that it makes you aware of certain players you otherwise wouldn't know much about.

I, for example, know that Belichick would just decide week to week who got touches at rb. If he wasn't super secret guy Vereen would have been even more impressive.

Yeah he's a fantasy nemesis for sure.

Yeah I have been curious about what Murray will do next year. The big thing is number of touches, and carries specifically. When you hand the ball off to a runningback that much, like LJ geting 400 carries or whatever it was, they tend to breakdown really quick. The reason we see so many split carries and not a feature back.

What? No Priest Holmes on that list? Blasphemy.

I think it's smart to sell high on a rb who I think has peaked but signing demarco kinda negates that. I thought the Mathews deal was really nice value and that he'd do great there if he stayed healthy

I'm guessing they did all that to get rid of McCoys cap hit and to land that young LB out of Buffalo.

Heard on the radio this morning about having Sam Bradford and how that may encourage Murray given they were college roommates or something. Then there was mention about having Bradford as trade bait AFTER Murray signs. If that happens, and I'm Murray...pissed wouldn't even begin to describe how I'd feel. Promise me my college roommate to get me to sign and then send him packing...

As a Giants fan, I would love to see that happen.

That's exactly what I was/am hoping for!