SportsWrath

Didn't watch the game

Virginia Giant

Oh Schreff is the corn fed Iowa, blue collar punch you in the mouth guy that T was talking about.

But he is going to have to develop some more moves... that sling pancake move of his won't fly in the pros... first he will be called for it... second someone will kick his ass in a pile up... But I like that he is big, mean and nasty. Loves to get to the second level and deal out punishment and sustains his blocks up to and including holding... overall a good solid pick that could contribute right away.

We need to rely less on ODB too. I don't mind using him as our best player, because he is, but he's getting a shit ton of targets and a shit ton of touches, so if a team takes him out of a game or God-forbid, he gets injured, we're right back to where we were. Having him throw passes, run the ball, return punts...all in addition to being a receiver...seems a bit much.

I read a beat writer this morning state how fans are all happy now and the 'we're not that bad' talk would start up...we beat one of the worst teams in football yesterday and lost to one the week before. Nothing has changed since we lost to the Jaguars...nothing.

I am glad for the win, but if this win in any way saves a job that was on the line a week ago or alters the offseason plans the team had a week ago...I'll regret the win in a big way.

I think the difference between the Titans and Jaguars compared to the Giants, in terms of what they "need" to be a contender, is astronomical. The Giants absolutely ARE leaps and bounds and way ahead of both those teams. To me, it proved it would be a horrendous error to fire coach and GM and start over again. Change up the defense, add another solid draft class, have guys come back from injury, and be SMART about free agency this year and we're back in contention for the NFC East.

Also, we don't know if Cruz is going to be back to full strength, he's not a #1 WR, and he was terrible when he did play this year. Currently, we have Beckham as a #1 and Preston Parker as a #3. Randle is a #4 at best. The Giants need another big target out there for Eli and at the top of the draft, I don't see how you can pass on a guy like Amari Cooper.

So going into the draft, all we really need is 2-4 O-linemen, a DE or possibly 2, at least 2 linebackers, another WR, and two safeties.

Why is Jerry Reese employed again?

No the O-Line isn't as bad as you think.. it's the fucking injuries that did us in. To be fair to Reese he made some pretty good signings and we did draft Richburg and Pugh a year before that... but the OL takes time to gel and with more experience, they can be really good... I say we're one stud OL away from being dominant again and depth has to be addressed... a DE next to JPP (who just needs a MLB to yell at him every other play to keep his head in the game) and Moore can add a few lbs in the offseason and be a force... yes to the 2 LBs but Kennard and McClain are solid so maybe one.. but a STUD at that is what's needed (Beason??? can he fucking stay healthy... conditioning should help).... so yea... we're not as bad... but I'm glad we're being bad this season to make sure I never see Fewel's face again...

Also, we don't know if Cruz is going to be back to full strength, he's not a #1 WR, and he was terrible when he did play this year. Currently, we have Beckham as a #1 and Preston Parker as a #3. Randle is a #4 at best. The Giants need another big target out there for Eli and at the top of the draft, I don't see how you can pass on a guy like Amari Cooper.

I've always contended we need an X in the mold of brandon Marshall (especially since the TE position isn't as dominant as we've hoped)... But Cruz can be lethal again with ODB commanding double teams... Heck maybe if Nicks can prove he's over being butt hurt... maybe we can give him another chance... although I think that ship has sailed and maybe there's someone out there worth pursuing... sky is the limit really... fuck it go after Dez only to drive up the cost... Romo's cap hit is $27M (thanks to the poster who posted the breakdown of QBs salaries lol).

If we don't go WR or defensive lineman, specifically defensive end, I'll be surprised. We have two high drafted, and high paid tackles. We need depth and experience on the oline. Another rookie to throw into the mix doesn't help us win next year.

No the O-Line isn't as bad as you think.. it's the fucking injuries that did us in. To be fair to Reese he made some pretty good signings and we did draft Richburg and Pugh a year before that... but the OL takes time to gel and with more experience, they can be really good... I say we're one stud OL away from being dominant again and depth has to be addressed... a DE next to JPP (who just needs a MLB to yell at him every other play to keep his head in the game) and Moore can add a few lbs in the offseason and be a force... yes to the 2 LBs but Kennard and McClain are solid so maybe one.. but a STUD at that is what's needed (Beason??? can he fucking stay healthy... conditioning should help).... so yea... we're not as bad... but I'm glad we're being bad this season to make sure I never see Fewel's face again...

Nas, before last game the Giants O-line was rated 18th in passing as per Pro Football Focus. The run grade? 31st.

This is more than one player away.

and if cooper doesn't fall to us there's strong and white who also look great

But he is going to have to develop some more moves... that sling pancake move of his won't fly in the pros... first he will be called for it... second someone will kick his ass in a pile up... But I like that he is big, mean and nasty. Loves to get to the second level and deal out punishment and sustains his blocks up to and including holding... overall a good solid pick that could contribute right away.

I admire his tenacity, but he looks more like a guard to me. Those feet are really, really slow, and he won't be able to overpower everyone in the pros.

If we don't go WR or defensive lineman, specifically defensive end, I'll be surprised. We have two high drafted, and high paid tackles. We need depth and experience on the oline. Another rookie to throw into the mix doesn't help us win next year.

That's not a good reason not to draft... ANY player you draft will be a rookie.. and a rookie OL is more likely to see action than a rookie almost anything else... We know and pretty much agree that the Giants will go for BPA anyway... and but it would be even better if that BPA happened to be in an area of immediate need like OL.

Nas, before last game the Giants O-line was rated 18th in passing as per Pro Football Focus. The run grade? 31st.

This is more than one player away.

Injuries bro... the OL and the RB, and the WR positions were hit hard...

wow, Parker over Randle?... I think they both suck, but at least Randle still has upside.

I admire his tenacity, but he looks more like a guard to me. Those feet are really, really slow, and he won't be able to overpower everyone in the pros.

That's probably what he'll be at least starting out. He does struggle with speed rushers at times, but he has a good intial punch and think power will not be of concern

I think the difference between the Titans and Jaguars compared to the Giants, in terms of what they "need" to be a contender, is astronomical. The Giants absolutely ARE leaps and bounds and way ahead of both those teams. To me, it proved it would be a horrendous error to fire coach and GM and start over again. Change up the defense, add another solid draft class, have guys come back from injury, and be SMART about free agency this year and we're back in contention for the NFC East.

I think the Jags will be moving up the ladder very soon, as all those great rookie picks gain experience. They're set at QB, WR and RB and their D, or at least their pass rush, is pretty underrated. Some OLine and secondary help and they're in the hunt.

I think the Jags will be moving up the ladder very soon, as all those great rookie picks gain experience. They're set at QB, WR and RB and their D, or at least their pass rush, is pretty underrated. Some OLine and secondary help and they're in the hunt.

Yeah, the Jags aren't that bad, there is plenty of talent on that team.

Tennessee on the other hand... that cupboard is bare.