Draft picks

Beckham - looked good in his first outing

Richburg - don't hear much, but that's a good thing for the offensive line

Bromley - ???

Williams - contributing rather well for a 4th rounder

Berhe - had preseason flashes and has promise...but we'll let it at that

Kennard - injured, but appears to be starting material for a 5th round LBer

Jackson - eh, don't even know if he's on the team

So far, an early prognosis shows that we've gotten some good play out of our 2014 draft class. Given it's only 5 regular season games, I'll admit it's a small sample size...but if these guys can build on what they've shown to date, this could be a particularly awesome draft class.

Or he might know how to coach his team, shocker I know, but maybe just maybe, he knows when a rookie should be playing.

Although I doubt this is the case.

Maybe... But I think the FO office had something to do with it.. I recall somewhere in the chatter the FO all but indicated high draft picks should see the field... Coughlin isn't the 2nd coming of Christ.. he's made his share of stupid moves (Sheridan anyone)... but like any normal human being, he sees (sometimes with help from others around him or even the fanbase) where he's being a dumbass and is adjusting... the "he might know how to coach his team" is a headline that sounds wonderful till you realize this team hasn't made the playoffs in a while.. and we started 0-6 last year... stick to slogans... I happened to have criticized him for not giving rookies some playing time (you know.. hands on experience)... but now that seem to have changed... HE gets the credit.. I'm fine with that... I guess I was proven right... again. My team is now winning and that's all that matters.

but i thought coughlin doesn't play rookies.

Tom Coughlin will not play rookies that do not practice or when he has a better veteran who can start. Some how being drafted turns players into automatic starters for some people.

I guess its one of the side effects of pushing the draft so hard the last few years.

Tom Coughlin will not play rookies that do not practice or when he has a better veteran who can start. Some how being drafted turns players into automatic starters for some people.

I guess its one of the side effects of pushing the draft so hard the last few years.

Sometimes you have a home run hitter warming the bench (Wilson comes to mind). Coughlin changed his way of thinking this season it seems.

Sometimes you have a home run hitter warming the bench (Wilson comes to mind). Coughlin changed his way of thinking this season it seems.

Coughlin has not done one thing different regarding rookies this year compared to any other. There is a reason why we have seen more of Andre Williams in the first five games vs David Wilson when he was a rookie.

Coughlin has not done one thing different regarding rookies this year compared to any other. There is a reason why we have seen more of Andre Williams in the first five games vs David Wilson when he was a rookie.

Yeah a stiff wind doesn't cause him to fumble

how about that preston parker avoiding the doghouse after the fumble!

I don't know why you keep bringing this up, bro. He was removed from kickoff duties from then on so I don't know where you're getting this from, anyway.

You're hating on a guy who was out of football last year and has similar and in some respects, better, production than a guy who started for us last year. Like it or not, Parker has made some big plays for us. Fumbling on special teams isn't an isolated issue, either.

I don't know why you keep bringing this up, bro. He was removed from kickoff duties from then on so I don't know where you're getting this from, anyway.

You're hating on a guy who was out of football last year and has similar and in some respects, better, production than a guy who started for us last year. Like it or not, Parker has made some big plays for us. Fumbling on special teams isn't an isolated issue, either.

oh, that wasn't the point i was making. my comment has nothing to do with dissing parker.

hint: this is a thread about coughlin playing young players.

personally im glad he stayed in the game, and this is the 2nd time i've brought it up.

and as far as being a better producer, i had no idea he was on pace for 900 yards this year :doh:

He was only in there returning because of how many plays demps had on defense that drive. Or coughlin is a liar. Either or.

makes sense. i don't recall questioning why he was in there though. thanks for the info!

I recall the FO maybe John Mara mentioning something about high draft picks seeing the field... To think Coughlin doesn't change is either because he's a hot head or never wrong... Neither trait is good and he's neither.

oh, that wasn't the point i was making. my comment has nothing to do with dissing parker.

hint: this is a thread about coughlin playing young players.

personally im glad he stayed in the game, and this is the 2nd time i've brought it up.

and as far as being a better producer, i had no idea he was on pace for 900 yards this year :doh:

I meant Nicks' production from this year. Since they are both playing 3rd fiddle.

I think Coughlin, like every other coach in the league, plays the players he thinks gives his team the best chance to win the game. And that's really the extent of it.

In the case of David Wilson, I'm guessing they worked on ball security quite a bit and when gametime came, it was all for naught. And that disappointment, more than the actual fumble, led to his benching and 'doghouse' reputation. With Parker fumbling...well...I didn't see the game this week...but it appears from what others have posted, that he was pulled from that role. So, I have to believe that Parker is being taught the same thing. Ball security is a greater concern than playmaking ability to this coach. And for that, as a fan, I cannot complain.

The thread was started to discuss, in contrast to the recent opinions on Reese, how well our rookie class has performed so far. Further, to express some excitement over things to come.

I think Coughlin, like every other coach in the league, plays the players he thinks gives his team the best chance to win the game. And that's really the extent of it.

In the case of David Wilson, I'm guessing they worked on ball security quite a bit and when gametime came, it was all for naught. And that disappointment, more than the actual fumble, led to his benching and 'doghouse' reputation. With Parker fumbling...well...I didn't see the game this week...but it appears from what others have posted, that he was pulled from that role. So, I have to believe that Parker is being taught the same thing. Ball security is a greater concern than playmaking ability to this coach. And for that, as a fan, I cannot complain.

The thread was started to discuss, in contrast to the recent opinions on Reese, how well our rookie class has performed so far. Further, to express some excitement over things to come.

Blasphemy :rules: :banned: