SportsWrath

ESPN Analyst says he'd "cut Sam today"

BleedinBlue

The decision to live life being gay.

This is crossing the GD/PR section territory so I will say this: Being gay isn't a choice. I know it's hard for some to fathom but it's as easy choosing sexual orientation as it's selecting how tall you can be.

Having said that I do condemn both the hostility towards gays from some on one side and the in your face "I'm gay" bullshit coming from some on the other side.

This is crossing the GD/PR section territory so I will say this: Being gay isn't a choice. I know it's hard for some to fathom but it's as easy choosing sexual orientation as it's selecting how tall you can be.

Having said that I do condemn both the hostility towards gays from some on one side and the in your face "I'm gay" bullshit coming from some on the other side.

Not saying you can't be born with tendencies that are normally associated with gay people. Not saying you can't be born with an attraction to the same sex. I don't believe that you can't develop urges to be gay. I don't believe any of them make you gay.

I've been so angry at folks at various times in my life that I've had the urge to vandalize their car, inflict physical harm upon them in some way, etc. But because I didn't act on them, one can't say I'm guilty of vandalism, assault, etc.

That said, please don't confuse this with hostility. I wouldn't look at a gay individual any differently than I would anyone else that's made poor choices in their life, and yes, that most certainly includes myself. While far from gay, I'm no better than they are. I feel one has to separate the action from the individual.

There, I've said my piece. It doesn't even need to be quoted or replied to. This isn't one I'll debate any further.

Well put, Nas.

I think the worst part of it is that the fact LGBTQ community has to or feels it is necessary to put on a circus like this any time one of its community is in a position of, shall we say, power (or at least media exposure), shows us just how far away our society is from accepting anything different or against the grain. The fact that they feel it necessary to put up a defensive front, to me, is sad.

Well put, Nas.

I think the worst part of it is that the fact LGBTQ community has to or feels it is necessary to put on a circus like this any time one of its community is in a position of, shall we say, power (or at least media exposure), shows us just how far away our society is from accepting anything different or against the grain. The fact that they feel it necessary to put up a defensive front, to me, is sad.

That's the thing, for a long fucking time gays had to hide their sexuality for fear of at the worst being beaten or killed, and often at the best people being openly hostile to them. Its not like racism that is usually hidden and discrete, homophobia has been popular for a long time.

Gays have had to develop this in your face attitude out of necessity.

I can appreciate football fans wanting to not have sexuality a part of football, but this is Jackie Robinson big, they have to take advantage.

I can even understand the religious side of not wanting to condone it, even though I think they are misinterpreting the bible, but hey everyone is free to have their own opinion. It comes across as homophobic and if you make those thoughts public, expect to be unpopular.

That's the thing, for a long fucking time gays had to hide their sexuality for fear of at the worst being beaten or killed, and often at the best people being openly hostile to them. Its not like racism that is usually hidden and discrete, homophobia has been popular for a long time.

Gays have had to develop this in your face attitude out of necessity.

I can appreciate football fans wanting to not have sexuality a part of football, but this is Jackie Robinson big, they have to take advantage.

I can even understand the religious side of not wanting to condone it, even though I think they are misinterpreting the bible, but hey everyone is free to have their own opinion. It comes across as homophobic and if you make those thoughts public, expect to be unpopular.

This is where I disagree VG.... I don't think they need to insert sexuality into everything. I'm not asking them to hide it... Just turn the volume down a little bit.