SportsWrath

Manningham/Giants reunite?

MikeGL

One-year / cheap / find out what he's got left in those legs. Perfect situation for both him and the team. When he left, he was looking for the big payday. Now, he just needs a team. He made some big plays for us in the past so there's very little risk.

When Gilly kept the routes simple for Mario, he did very well and had sticky hands. His play for us was far beyond anything Jernigan has done....and I like Jernigan. That catch in the SB that helped us beat the Patriots would never have been made by Jernigan.

A one-year, cheap tryout could be an upgrade.

He doesn't fit a position of need on offense, IMO. We have guys that are younger and healthier that fit his mold. Manningham hasn't finished a season since 2010-11.

I'm much more concerned about whether Reuben Randle can fill Nicks' void.

Can't stay healthy. Pass.

Seconded. He doesn't fit what the Giants are trying to do in free agency. They are a team in desperate need of hungry, athletic, and fast players.

I'd sign him for vet minimum, maybe 100K or so above. Anything 1 mil per would be too much.

Training camp competition is a good thing. I'd have a meeting with Jernigan telling him that the 3rd WR spot...heck, even the 1st WR spot is his for the taking. Of course, I'd say the same thing to Manningham after he was signed.

It really all depends. The fact that they are looking at Manningham or other potential WRs makes me feel like Tom Coughlin and co. are still not high on Jernigan. What is this? His 3rd season that he's been tested? And still can't trust the guy? No, let Jernigan battle it out at camp with Manningham and a few other suitors.

It really all depends. The fact that they are looking at Manningham or other potential WRs makes me feel like Tom Coughlin and co. are still not high on Jernigan. What is this? His 3rd season that he's been tested? And still can't trust the guy? No, let Jernigan battle it out at camp with Manningham and a few other suitors.

I don't look at it as a one to one comparison... truth is we lost Nicks... and we need WRs... and Manningham having been here has an advantage... to me he's in the same mold as Randle... and for that I look at this as a depth move.

I don't look at it as a one to one comparison... truth is we lost Nicks... and we need WRs... and Manningham having been here has an advantage... to me he's in the same mold as Randle... and for that I look at this as a depth move.

No doubt it's a depth move because there's no way they're bringing in Manningham to replace Nicks. They've drafted WRs for depth and they've all come up through the ranks (Jernigan, Randel, and even Cruz). I see no reason that these depth guys shouldn't be starter guys at this point.

That said, you have to replenish the depth and having a guy like Manningham could provide that...but again, so long as he knows where he's starting on the depth chart. Is he able to outperform and move his way up, sure, we wouldn't limit him, but he needs to have a reasonable expectation of a starting point.

As for his being here before being an advantage...that only holds true if Gilbride was still here. Given the OC change, I think it's clean slate/fresh start across the board...or at least it should be.

No doubt it's a depth move because there's no way they're bringing in Manningham to replace Nicks. They've drafted WRs for depth and they've all come up through the ranks (Jernigan, Randel, and even Cruz). I see no reason that these depth guys shouldn't be starter guys at this point.

That said, you have to replenish the depth and having a guy like Manningham could provide that...but again, so long as he knows where he's starting on the depth chart. Is he able to outperform and move his way up, sure, we wouldn't limit him, but he needs to have a reasonable expectation of a starting point.

As for his being here before being an advantage...that only holds true if Gilbride was still here. Given the OC change, I think it's clean slate/fresh start across the board...or at least it should be.

Hey at least he knows his way around the stadium :)

Or that, exactly. Last year, people were fine with the RBs we had. Yet, when one dropped, we were so hectic to find something in free agency. We need depth.