SportsWrath

John Connor Will Save Us All

If not, then movies have lied to me my whole life.

The New York Giants are turning to The Terminator for assistance.

The Giants have agreed to a contract with fullback John Conner, the National Football Post reported Wednesday.

Giants starting fullback Henry Hynoski suffered a fractured shoulder in Sunday's 38-0 loss to the Carolina Panthers. The Giants reportedly feared Tuesday that Hynoski's injury could be season-ending. Conner's signing points toward that conclusion.

Conner, nicknamed "The Terminator," performed well with the Cincinnati Bengals this offseason. However the Bengals released him after deciding to keep the more versatile, former tight end, Orson Charles as their lead blocker.

Conner might be most well known for being New York Jets coach Rex Ryan's pet-projects during his three seasons with Gang Green. Ryan's fascination with 2010 fifth-round draft pick's bone-crushing blocks was one of the storylines on that season's edition of Hard Knocks.

As one of the few teams who utilizes a traditional fullback Conner fits the Giants' scheme. It won't, however, be the signing that turns their season around.

As Tom Coughlin said, "your team is your team."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000250434/article/giants-reportedly-agree-to-contract-with-fb-john-conner

Honestly, it's tough to imagine a FB blocking worse than Hynoski this seson. I don't know if he's just never been 100% of if he's hit a wall but his whiffs were terrible.

Agreed....it was like watching a different player. Some bad whiffs.