SportsWrath

Broncos vs. Ravens

Bigblue25

Joe Flacco is Mark Sanchez on a good team with a smart GM. Can only hit tight ends and running backs out of the backfield. No touch, mental lapses, lazy throws. But he's typically had a good supporting staff. The man cannot hit a WR to save his life.

Joe Flacco is Mark Sanchez on a good team with a smart GM. Can only hit tight ends and running backs out of the backfield. No touch, mental lapses, lazy throws. But he's typically had a good supporting staff. The man cannot hit a WR to save his life.

The Superbowl was an anomaly. He stunk before, and he still stinks except now he has $59 million guaranteed, and $29 million signing bonus. I'm not sure whether the Ravens thought all that money was thanks for bringing them a Superbowl, or if they actually believed he would just get that much better because of all that money.

The Superbowl was an anomaly. He stunk before, and he still stinks except now he has $59 million guaranteed, and $29 million signing bonus. I'm not sure whether the Ravens thought all that money was thanks for bringing them a Superbowl, or if they actually believed he would just get that much better because of all that money.

Yeah, that contract was a mistake by that organization, but they have done a good job of surrounding him with players that aren't Shonn Greene or Jericho Cotchery, for example.

Yeah, that contract was a mistake by that organization, but they have done a good job of surrounding him with players that aren't Shonn Greene or Jericho Cotchery, for example.

I think that contract is really going to come back and bite the Ravens in the ass in the next 2-3 years. Hard to sign impact players when you have a QB eating up all that cap space, and that guy can't win a game or two for you on his own.

I think it was more about a coaching staff, and that included Peyton in my book, who was capable of making adjustments. First half, teams were feeling each other out and it was pretty even. Second half, the team who was able to manipulate the other team came out on top.

If this is any kind of precursor, next week might get embarrassing.