SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

Ive been reading about this "Super Soccer League" thing going on.

What a fucked up thing to do to such a game with a long history, all about money though.

So these teams owned by foreign owners are going to create their own league because the dont want the competition of having to play in all the other leagues against small town teams?

Isnt that how these small teams make money? They sell players to the bigger leagues/teams?

Now it's basically "Fuck you small town I'm going to play in the super duper MEGA LEAGUE!!"

11 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Ive been reading about this "Super Soccer League" thing going on.

What a fucked up thing to do to such a game with a long history, all about money though.

So these teams owned by foreign owners are going to create their own league because the dont want the competition of having to play in all the other leagues against small town teams?

Isnt that how these small teams make money? They sell players to the bigger leagues/teams?

Now it's basically "Fuck you small town I'm going to play in the super duper MEGA LEAGUE!!"

good summary BIC ........it is a disgusting plan and i hope it fails quickly. It is a microcosm of all that is wrong in the World today. Greed Greed Greed

Football ..... created by the poor , stolen by the rich !

German newspaper Bild have inside info on Liverpool wobbling over European Super League

https://sportwitness.co.uk/german-newspaper-bild-inside-info-liverpool-wobbling-european-super-league/

JPMorgan draws public ire for financing a breakaway European soccer league. Good for these fucks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/19/business/jpmorgan-european-super-league.html

12 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

good summary BIC ........it is a disgusting plan and i hope it fails quickly. It is a microcosm of all that is wrong in the World today. Greed Greed Greed

Football ..... created by the poor , stolen by the rich !

It's nuts man, and like you said I hope it fails right out of the gate.

It would be like if the 10 richest teams in the NFL just decided to start the "Super Duper NFL league" and no one else could get in.

Then instead of players having to go to college, they could just go right into that league and make millions from day one, bypassing the collegiate system.

In this case though the collegiate system is the small town teams.

I remember watching that Netflix documentary Sunderland Till I Die, it was great watching this team and town come together trying to make it back to the....Premier League?!? I don't know how it all works lol

They've basically taken the small town out of soccer which is what the game is about, from my understanding.

• 4 weeks later...

Great win for Leicester in the FA Cup Final yesterday

Tielemans' goal was outstanding and a worthy winner of any cup final victory.

and how about that save in the 88th minute from Schmeichel .....World Class !

well done to the Foxes on their fifth attempt ....worthy

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 3:51 AM, boohyah said:

How is everything gents?. 

UK, I watched one game in the Euros, Denmark and Finland and I had it on 5 minutes when Erikson colapsed. That was rough to watch.

Things are good thanks Boo .......slow start to the Euros but it should really hot up in the knockout stages next week.

England won their group ....but will face France , Germany , Portugal or Hungary depending on tonight's results ..... tricky !

Yeah, the whole thing seems a bit dead and this playing in different countries doesn't feel right at all.

I don't see anything on Germany right now that indicates they will beat England. Listening to 606 yesterday and it was shocking to hear the negativity from England fans mad at Southgate because he didn't have them come second. 

On 7/7/2021 at 8:30 AM, UK-Giantsfan said:

huge game over here tonight ...........come on England !

( England have not been to a Final of the Euros or World Cup since 1966 ) .......is the long wait over ?

I hope they win it UK. Good luck man. 

• 4 weeks later...

too soon in my opinion JR but yes , we had the Charity Shield yesterday.

in my view British Football should be Sept to April with the Cup Final in early May like it always used to be when i was growing up........too much mediocre , meaningless football on telly nowadays and it lessens the product !

( sorry ....just too depressed after watching Mets v Philly game .........apart from those 3 back to back to back homers in the 9th gave me hope for a while i suppose)

Yeah. the Mets let the Phillies hang around for to long. Still another 2 months left of baseball though. I still can't get back into watching, so I just read about it. I can't wait for hockey to start back up. 

• 4 weeks later...

good start to the season for QPR  JR  ( and really you should beat Reading today )

are you ready to welcome Ronaldo back to Old Trafford Boo ?

my predictions this year for the top 5

City

United

Liverpool

Spurs 

Chelsea

i think Leicester could struggle this year.

Go Giants / Go Mets !