SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

Haven't posted in a while, but I figured today would be a good day to do so!:huh:

My goodness UK. That was a hammering. Liverpool scored everything down the left and we couldn't stop it. The crazy part it's happened so much this season. Shaw and Maguire were absolute muck, but you can't help but say Salah was ridiculous and you clearly have your defense back in order.

United have such a mess on their hands because this is the worst they've played in years. How do you think about firing a legend, and have a guy like Conte and Zidane floating out there. Even the legends are having to change their tune. Scholes called out Ole's tactics during the week and predicted Liverpool would be up 4-0 at half time.

JR, I thought QPR looked real sharp early on, come back to earth a bit, but look like a playoff team to me right now. They might finally be running that team properly.

On 10/25/2021 at 3:14 AM, boohyah said:

Haven't posted in a while, but I figured today would be a good day to do so!:huh:

My goodness UK. That was a hammering. Liverpool scored everything down the left and we couldn't stop it. The crazy part it's happened so much this season. Shaw and Maguire were absolute muck, but you can't help but say Salah was ridiculous and you clearly have your defense back in order.

United have such a mess on their hands because this is the worst they've played in years. How do you think about firing a legend, and have a guy like Conte and Zidane floating out there. Even the legends are having to change their tune. Scholes called out Ole's tactics during the week and predicted Liverpool would be up 4-0 at half time.

JR, I thought QPR looked real sharp early on, come back to earth a bit, but look like a playoff team to me right now. They might finally be running that team properly.

yes Boo , that was quite something and im surprised that Ole survived it to be honest ....... however a good bounce back for Utd against Spurs on Sat and that was the end of Nuno  ( im hearing Conte will replace him which is ridiculous )

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Bye Bye Ole ....... he had to go after the Liverpool & Man City thrashings .....and then the Watford debacle .

who do you want next Boo ?

QPR looking good JR in 6th place ( and a nice win against Luton on Fri )

Yeah nice mix of youth on QPR as well. I still keep track of them. They are close to making a run. I figure Fulham and Bournemouth will go back up.

On 10/24/2021 at 10:14 PM, boohyah said:

Good to see you. 

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Football fever has swept Canada with a birth at the world cup.

In honor of that I put 5 bucks on Tottenham to win today.

Just cause it' such a silly name.

well they won 2-1 so well done Blue  ( guess that makes you a Spurs fan from now on )

Just couldn't keep him on. It's gotten so ugly. But honestly I'd bench some of these fucking guys. The first penalty was a Fernandes (has been bad since the first game) miskick. And Maguire literally trips himself into the second yellow. Unreal watching mistakes you coach kids not to make.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Talk about rudderless UK?. Want to bet Ronnie doesn't play another season?.

The whole Greenwood thing is bad also.

You guys are having good years this year, Liverpool are back to being Liverpool from 2 years back almost and QPR is looking much better and honesly it's a toss up between the them and the 2 teams above. Watched them on ESPN a while back and they look to have righted the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 10:25 AM, jranieli said:

Poor Chelsea 

Abramovich puts Chelsea up for sale with Swiss billionaire Wyss interested

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/02/chelsea-swiss-billionaire-hansjorg-wyss-says-offered-chance-buy-club-roman-abramovich

The problem here is that while this will have little effect short term, Abramowich funded this team heavily and would only have called those loans if this was a normal sale. Any guy coming in would have to do something similar and that's going to be hard because Chelsea doesn't draw as much gate money as the other big spenders. United,Liverpool,Arsenal, Spurs, City, West Ham and Newcastle hold 50k fans plus. Chelsea holds 41k and can't expand.

On 3/12/2022 at 12:27 PM, boohyah said:

Yeah, my last post didn't age well did it?. It's pretty bad now.

QPR back in 4th with a game in hand. Now is a good time to go on a streak before the playoffs start. It will be tough to catch the 2nd place team. 

Sky Bet Championship 2021/22
# Team Pl W D L F A GD Pts Last 6
1 Fulham 36 23 8 5 90 31 59 77

2 Bournemouth 34 19 8 7 55 30 25 65

3 Huddersfield Town 37 17 12 8 51 38 13 63

4 Queens Park Rangers 36 17 8 11 52 42 10 59

5 Blackburn Rovers 37 16 10 11 46 37 9 58

6 Sheffield United 36 16 9 11 50 40 10 57

Huddersfield have put a good run together, but I'm looking at 6th place there and thinking Sheffield United are moving up slowly but surely.

It's definitely interesting. JR do you have ESPN +? QPR has been on there a few times this year.

Liverpool playing great football at the moment .......could win the treble ( i doubt they win the quadruple )

Lets face it ...a British club will win the Champions League and Liverpool have the best draw from here !  ( Benfica ...then avoiding Chelsea and City in the semis ) 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I've seen a United team this toothless since I was 10-11 years old and we had Paddy Roche in goal for us. I could see us falling out of the top ten. 

Yes JR, a few weeks ago you were in the hunt, but with 5 games to go it's too much now. Forest are the hot team now going into the playoffs. I think Huddersfield will drop out of the top 6. Fulham and Bournemouth should be automatic, and I expect Forest, Luton, Blackburn and Sheffield United to make up the playoffs. I'm still think Sheffield United will go up.

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool are rolling at the moment .......may end up with the double ( i cant see the quadruple happening but you never know )

ManU look a shadow of the team that they once were under Sir Alex ......hope you can turn it around Boo but it will take a year or 2

Shame about that bad run of form in late March / early April for QPR JR ....i thought you were heading to the playoffs , but not now unfortunately

Waste of a year I'm afraid. Ole gone, Greenwood gone. Several players playing out the season and some shocking form from some of our better players. We would be in the bottom half of the division if it wasn't for Ronaldo, which isn't exactly a plus because he could be the reason we are where we are. Ragnick has been an utter dud, Carrick should have been given the job to finish the season because his 2 games in charge were the most solid we were all year. Watching Liverpool walk all over us was an embarassment. Fans doing half assed protests (I am a member of MUST). Hopefully Ten Hag makes the difference, if nothing else changes the style of play gets better. That's it for me this year on them. 

Liverpool looks like another planet now UK. Just humming, they should win 3 out of the 4, but I think if they get City in the CL that City won't make the same mistake again. I think they'll win the premiership though. City I think have that one hiccup left in them IMO. FA Cup should be theirs.

Had Easter monday off and watched Championship all day on ESPN. QPR was on versus Derby. Just not enough quality their JR to get them up. Some good young lads, but I don't know if Charlie Austin coming off the bench bodes well. Sorry to see Derby go down because with everything going on there, Rooney did a bang up job because that roster is so thin.