SportsWrath

Strahan blaming Giants for Osi's output?

Lughead

on twitter

45]

Following
fbbkwt84a9y5tysts1f6_normal.png
Pro Football Focus
@
PFF

@michaelstrahan @SolfromBrooklyn @MichaelRenne He's quoting our play-by-play grading numbers Michael. We've never graded Osi v well vs run

4:57 AM - 27 May 13

Tweet text

Reply to @PFF @michaelstrahan @SolfromBrooklyn @MichaelRenne

I think Michael might have hired an intern to run his account. He's been in a trolling war with Dallas fans all weekend.

ad132c0d797000d7919639eb8852378d_normal.jpegMichael Strahan @michaelstrahan

Is this a reprint from the last 10yrs?RT @nfl: 'I expect the Cowboys to finish with the best record in the NFC East.' http://on.nfl.com/1135TOb

2:34 PM - 26 May 2013

Being a psychologist, I think sometimes people can be too close to the situation to judge it effectively. What Strahan should be saying is that every D Lineman past and present on the Giants with the exception of JPP owes him (Michael) part of his salary. Osi has been selling out against the run almost since day one Bro...its so obvious that its a meme that even casual watchers of the game can pick up on. Is he a broken useless piece of shit...no... but is he this all world super D lineman...also no. Its obvious that Osi and Michael are close friends, and they have been through "battles" together on the field; so that is going to build a level of bonding that stat freaks are not going to be able to touch. Doesn't mean that they are incorrect though. Not every player...including the great ones... is good at objectively evaluating the talent of his peers. I think this is a case of Michael looking upon the situation with rose colored glasses and feelings of affinity for his friend. Perfectly normal and to be lauded in today's increasingly egoistic world.

i just think it takes a tremendous amount of self-importance to argue with a pro football player about this kind of thing. i wouldn't sit around arguing with amani toomer that nicks is better than cruz even though i feel strongly about it

i just think it takes a tremendous amount of self-importance to argue with a pro football player about this kind of thing. i wouldn't sit around arguing with amani toomer that nicks is better than cruz even though i feel strongly about it

True that... and it would not be appreciated in other fields either. Sometimes in any field you can have layman savants who are more in the know than the experts. Look at the guy behind Moneyball and The Signal and the Noise (by Nate Silver). In both of those you have outsiders who are experts in statistics, probabilities and reasoned extrapolations from data as opposed to the baseball scouts they went up against. Now for most teams its a blending of stats nerds and scouting. The Red Sucks are a perfect example of this amalgam.

Strahan was the troll in that exchange. Like T said, even the casual observer could see that Osi was God-awful against the run. The mere fact that his pass rush style actually opens up a hole for draw plays is testament. Run 15 yards up field and try to curl back to the QB means that Shady McCoys are far past the line of scrimmage by the time Osi even realizes it's a run.

Being a psychologist, I think sometimes people can be too close to the situation to judge it effectively. What Strahan should be saying is that every D Lineman past and present on the Giants with the exception of JPP owes him (Michael) part of his salary. Osi has been selling out against the run almost since day one Bro...its so obvious that its a meme that even casual watchers of the game can pick up on. Is he a broken useless piece of shit...no... but is he this all world super D lineman...also no. Its obvious that Osi and Michael are close friends, and they have been through "battles" together on the field; so that is going to build a level of bonding that stat freaks are not going to be able to touch. Doesn't mean that they are incorrect though. Not every player...including the great ones... is good at objectively evaluating the talent of his peers. I think this is a case of Michael looking upon the situation with rose colored glasses and feelings of affinity for his friend. Perfectly normal and to be lauded in today's increasingly egoistic world.

I agree this was just Strauss supporting his buddy. Osi is a pass rusher

Fucking autocorrect

At least it didn't autocorrect it to "I agree this was just OH MY GOD I NEED A MAN SANDWICH RIGHT NOW."

Just turn it off, you'll be happier you did. People will forgive spelling mistakes. :D

At least it didn't autocorrect it to "I agree this was just OH MY GOD I NEED A MAN SANDWICH RIGHT NOW."

Just turn it off, you'll be happier you did. People will forgive spelling mistakes. :D

LOL!!!

I appreciate that Strahan has "strapped 'em on" but clearly, Osi cannot play the run. If the Giants told him not to worry about it, that was probably a product of it being futile to change him.

Eh doesn't matter. We've all seen Osi go wide on a play and RB's run through that side of the defense. If Strahan wants to stand up and defend Osi, well then I guess it is good to see a former Giant stick for another former Giant player...even if he's wrong.

Eh doesn't matter. We've all seen Osi go wide on a play and RB's run through that side of the defense. If Strahan wants to stand up and defend Osi, well then I guess it is good to see a former Giant stick for another former Giant player...even if he's wrong.

That's my read on this as well.