SportsWrath

julian edelman visiting the giants

Herc

Sounds more like a replacement for Cruz in 2014, in my opinion.

I doubt the Giants give him a multi-year deal. But a Nicks-Cruz-Randle-Murphy-Jerningan-Edelman WR corps has elite talent and depth. I'd like it.

I doubt the Giants give him a multi-year deal. But a Nicks-Cruz-Randle-Murphy-Jerningan-Edelman WR corps has elite talent and depth. I'd like it.

haha yeah, it really does....definitely won't be kept intact for very long, but for one season that has to be the deepest WR corps out there.

IF we do manage to secure all of the above, Jernigan is going to have to show more than he has to hang with that group. Like Marvin Austin on the defensive side, this is a crossroads training camp for Jerrell.

IF we do manage to secure all of the above, Jernigan is going to have to show more than he has to hang with that group. Like Marvin Austin on the defensive side, this is a crossroads training camp for Jerrell.

We said that about Sinorice Moss... dude lasted for ages :ermm:

I agree, Nas. Like Moss, Jernigan just doesn't have the NFL body to be a big contributor. Couldn't believe it when they drafted him. I hope that Reese has learned his lesson now. Need one of those Amusement Park measuring stands... you must be THIS tall to play for the NY Giants (at WR)... no more little five foot six mighty mouses, please.

I agree, Nas. Like Moss, Jernigan just doesn't have the NFL body to be a big contributor. Couldn't believe it when they drafted him. I hope that Reese has learned his lesson now. Need one of those Amusement Park measuring stands... you must be THIS tall to play for the NY Giants (at WR)... no more little five foot six mighty mouses, please.

Hey, I'm a 5 5" mighty mouse :rules:

But I agree with you.. not everyone can be Darren Sproles.

I'd rather see Randle get the reps at WR. He has a much higher ceiling than Edelman. Coughlin likes picking up ST guys though.

Even if they sign Edelman, I'm almost positive Randle will be ahead of him on the depth chart.

nicks will be at x, cruz at slot, randle on the other side is my guess

I think that's a given. What about the 2 WR set...nicks and cruz or nicks and randle? Does it matter if both WRs are on the same side of the formation, thereby having a slot WR?

I think Cruz has until April 19th to sign the tender. He'd be stupid not to sign the tender and hold out. Either sign the tender hoping for a big payday next year (or the year after if the Giants were to franchise him) or sign the big payday the Giants are offering this year. The Giants are simply waiting to see which he chooses.

Edelman is an insurance policy at best and his being brought in seems to be a bargaining tactic...to me anyway.

I think that's a given. What about the 2 WR set...nicks and cruz or nicks and randle? Does it matter if both WRs are on the same side of the formation, thereby having a slot WR?

I think Cruz has until April 19th to sign the tender. He'd be stupid not to sign the tender and hold out. Either sign the tender hoping for a big payday next year (or the year after if the Giants were to franchise him) or sign the big payday the Giants are offering this year. The Giants are simply waiting to see which he chooses.

Edelman is an insurance policy at best and his being brought in seems to be a bargaining tactic...to me anyway.

if cruz is back next year then i would imagine nothing changes in any formation from last season except randle takes whatever snaps hixon took at that spot.

Late in the season I noticed the Giants were taking Cruz out of a number of two-WR sets. I think the Giants coaches realized that Cruz just isn't a consistent threat lined up outside. There were many more Nicks-Randle two-WR sets late in the year. I think Nicks-Randle is the ideal two-WR set because both are tough to stop outside and can make difficult catches. Not to knock Cruz, but he just doesn't get it done on the outside like Randle showed glimpses of already this year.

Late in the season I noticed the Giants were taking Cruz out of a number of two-WR sets. I think the Giants coaches realized that Cruz just isn't a consistent threat lined up outside. There were many more Nicks-Randle two-WR sets late in the year. I think Nicks-Randle is the ideal two-WR set because both are tough to stop outside and can make difficult catches. Not to knock Cruz, but he just doesn't get it done on the outside like Randle showed glimpses of already this year.

Cruz is much more suited for the slot, completely agreed....he runs slants, outs, curls, and deep corner routes like no other WR on our offense. And there isn't a better guy on the team and possibly in the NFL when he has the ball in his hands in space. Problem is, he can't create separation against the more physical cornerbacks and is prone to getting jammed. You have to figure on a lot of short gains for every 80 yard touchdown he receives.

I'm with you guys, now, Nicks is more important to the success of our offense. If I have one knock against Nicks it's his reliance on physicality, outjumping the defender, and making that difficult catch as opposed to being able to get open against the better CBs. He routinely makes smaller CBs his bitch, though.