SportsWrath

Chess move by the Redskins?

Nas

He signed with another team.

I don't see how anyone can see anything more then that.

Besdies maybe the 'Skins trying to make what was best after Mara blindly robbed them of money.

This guy could've been a game changer for us given his athletic ability and the fact our O sometimes just stalls. He would've been even great for our defense...

My guess is he figured behind Eli ... really as a third stringer, he'll never see the field whereas at Washington, you know he will because RG3 will be injured more often than not...

This guy could've been a game changer for us given his athletic ability and the fact our O sometimes just stalls. He would've been even great for our defense...

My guess is he figured behind Eli ... really as a third stringer, he'll never see the field whereas at Washington, you know he will because RG3 will be injured more often than not...

I doubt he sees the field more because the Redskins have Cousins who runs the read-option just as well as RG3 and has proven he can win games.

Maybe he just likes the 'Skins more, they did make the playoffs afterall.

Besides I don't see how he would of been a weapon for us.

There is no way in hell I would want Eli off the field and this White kid who has shown nothing on the field in a situation even if the offence is stalling.

The only plus to having him is using him on scout team to run around and simulate the new wave of mobile QBs in the league, but we can phone The Almighty God Perriloux to come in and do that.

Besides I don't see how he would of been a weapon for us.

There is no way in hell I would want Eli off the field and this White kid who has shown nothing on the field in a situation even if the offence is stalling.

The only plus to having him is using him on scout team to run around and simulate the new wave of mobile QBs in the league, but we can phone The Almighty God Perriloux to come in and do that.

Idk, maybe I'm reading too much into this.. maybe you're reading too little. Oh well, fuck him. lol

The plan was for White to run the scout team so that the defense could get a look at the read-option offense in practice.

He was never going to see the field on game day.

Hell, he probably wouldn't have even seen the active roster, he probably would have just been on the practice squad.

The plan was for White to run the scout team so that the defense could get a look at the read-option offense in practice.

He was never going to see the field on game day.

This, he probably would not have made the final 53. Sorry PDub, already said this.

This, he probably would not have made the final 53.

I still find it interesting to say the least that the Skins went after him when they already have RG3 and Cousins.... bizarre.

I doubt he sees the field more because the Redskins have Cousins who runs the read-option just as well as RG3 and has proven he can win games.

Maybe he just likes the 'Skins more, they did make the playoffs afterall.

This......if they brought him in he'd be an X guy or as Joe says...a practice clone..though I'd expect Cousins to get most of the reps.

C. Wagon

I doubt he sees the field more because the Redskins have Cousins who runs the read-option just as well as RG3 and has proven he can win games. There is no way in hell I would want Eli off the field and this White kid who has shown nothing on the field in a situation even if the offence is stalling.

The only plus to having him is using him on scout team to run around and simulate the new wave of mobile QBs in the league.

Hell, he probably wouldn't have even seen the active roster, he probably would have just been on the practice squad.

He probably would not have made the final 53.

Might be used > tackling dummy.

Cousins doesn't even run the read option, not sure where u guys are getting that. They might have try a few plays, but he's a much more conventional QB, and he can't match RGIII in athletic ability with the ball in his hands.

All of these moves for QBs by the Redskins makes me wonder if they are more worried about RG3's recovery than they are putting into the media. If this guy is supposed to be back by the start of the year, why have they signed Rex Grossman AND Pat White, as well as having Cousins on the roster? Seems a little fishy...

All of these moves for QBs by the Redskins makes me wonder if they are more worried about RG3's recovery than they are putting into the media. If this guy is supposed to be back by the start of the year, why have they signed Rex Grossman AND Pat White, as well as having Cousins on the roster? Seems a little fishy...

All I have been hearing is that RG3 is actually ahead of his recovery.

White is just going to go on the practice squad and I can see them trading Grossman/Cousins as the season goes on.

All I have been hearing is that RG3 is actually ahead of his recovery.

White is just going to go on the practice squad and I can see them trading Grossman/Cousins as the season goes on.

That's what I've been hearing too, just seems weird why they have so many QBs. I don't think a trade would make sense for them with the injury questions to RG3.

Not so much his recovery... (and yes I think part of it is he suffered a serious injury and won't be 100%.. I'm not sure anyone is really 100% after that) but even looking ahead... RG3 will get hurt again.. that's what you get for putting him out there. And the other side of the coin is they keep the Giants from signing him. There are times when Eli is just lost... and when the team can just use a change of pace.... That doesn't mean this guy is going to even compete with Eli but having him there is better than not.

Not so much his recovery... (and yes I think part of it is he suffered a serious injury and won't be 100%.. I'm not sure anyone is really 100% after that) but even looking ahead... RG3 will get hurt again.. that's what you get for putting him out there. And the other side of the coin is they keep the Giants from signing him. There are times when Eli is just lost... and when the team can just use a change of pace.... That doesn't mean this guy is going to even compete with Eli but having him there is better than not.

Smoking camel dung and posting do not mix.

Smoking camel dung and posting do not mix.

Oh brother, let's be realistic here... there are times when Eli is just off his game... and when the team can use a change of pace... now let's not stretch this to me saying Eli should be benched.. but a little shake even to rattle the opposing defense a little can help.

Oh brother, let's be realistic here... there are times when Eli is just off his game... and when the team can use a change of pace... now let's not stretch this to me saying Eli should be benched.. but a little shake even to rattle the opposing defense a little can help.

Even if he is off of his game, there is no "change-of-pace" for QBs in the NFL. Benching him, even only for a series of plays, could be detrimental to his confidence. You play your best player at the position and if he has some trouble, ride out the storm because we all know how resilient Eli is.

It was good thinking on the Giants part to try and bring him in, considering our struggles against Washington last season. Maybe it was a bit of gamesmanship on the Skins part. Oh well there's always Perriloux.

Ok so "gamesmanship" is more powerful than "Chess Move", you win :rules:

:P