SportsWrath

Chase Blackburn

Lughead

Suicide watch at the Stroud house?

Seriously though when Chase Blackblurn leaves and your LB core loses a core player and strength to it, you know the GM better be taking a good hard look at the LBers in the draft.

Or, our GM has a blindspot when it comes to linebackers.

Suicide watch at the Stroud house?

Seriously though when Chase Blackblurn leaves and your LB core loses a core player and strength to it, you know the GM better be taking a good hard look at the LBers in the draft.

Not gonna happen. We have Dan Connor:

After starting 15 games at middle linebacker for the New York Giants last season, free agent Chase Blackburn was replaced by former Carolina Panthers linebacker Dan Connor.

Now, the two are trading places. Blackburn agreed to terms on a two-year contract with the Panthers, The Star-Ledger reported Wednesday. Blackburn confirmed the deal on Twitter.

The Giants reportedly had "mild interest" in re-signing Blackburn, but only for one year at the veteran's minimum salary. The linebacker reportedly found a two-year contract with new Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman, a former Giants executive.

Stretched as a full-time starter last season for the first time in his eight-year career, Blackburn will play a backup role behind Luke Kuechly, Jon Beason and Thomas Davis in Carolina. The Panthers needed the insurance policy after James Anderson defected to the Chicago Bears.

Follow Chris Wesseling on Twitter @ChrisWesseling.

Or we simply couldn't find one... or when there was one in the draft, we had a more pressing need... or our DC flat out sucks. I do think this Conner guy can be really good for us.. just a feeling though nothing to back it up besides seeing the way he tackles and how he has a nose for the ball...

This.

Keith Rivers, Clint Sintim...whoever that kid Jones was and Phillip Dillard... Reese is clueless when it comes to LB. He's either bad at picking them or just doesn't really care about the position.

This.

Keith Rivers, Clint Sintim...whoever that kid Jones was and Phillip Dillard... Reese is clueless when it comes to LB. He's either bad at picking them or just doesn't really care about the position.

It's really the scouts who do the work... to be fair there havn't been real quality LBs out of the draft that I can think of outside of Cushing... and since we get the BPA, I can see why. That being said, we need a stellar MLB who is a game changer... our D needs one badly. A young Urlacher basically... but I don't think this draft class has one... and no FA of that mold either.

Or we simply couldn't find one... or when there was one in the draft, we had a more pressing need... or our DC flat out sucks. I do think this Conner guy can be really good for us.. just a feeling though nothing to back it up besides seeing the way he tackles and how he has a nose for the ball...

And he has the leave the field on third down. Cause he's abysmal in coverage.

Hey I'm happy for Chase. He has his ring. He has a good job with an upandcoming team.

His leadrership will be sorely missed.......nevertheless I'm anxious to see what Dan Connor can do.

If Perry still refuses to blitz the LBers and Secondary as he did last year but for a few games.......it won't matter if we have Dick Butkus in the middle.

Maybe Carolina will turn Chase loose after the QB....he rarely misses when he gets past the LOS. Perry is our Rooney Rule DC and has been very spotty. Last year he was pretty bad.

I noted after rewatching the last SB on NFL Network in that win Arron Ross and JPP played like men possesed......Ross is back and JPP who took a year off should return.

The Giants 2013 team is right now a work in progress

It's really the scouts who do the work... to be fair there havn't been real quality LBs out of the draft that I can think of outside of Cushing... and since we get the BPA, I can see why. That being said, we need a stellar MLB who is a game changer... our D needs one badly. A young Urlacher basically... but I don't think this draft class has one... and no FA of that mold either.

We've missed on plenty of quality lb's

We've missed on plenty of quality lb's

In favor of who though? I'm no draft guy but I'd love to see a list of who we missed and who we drafted instead.. I think there will be a few misses there but not much.

The fact is, this organization, at least since EA and continuing through Reese simply places a higher value on d-line and cb's. With there being a cap they have to decide where the money goes and they think it's better spent there.

In favor of who though? I'm no draft guy but I'd love to see a list of who we missed and who we drafted instead.. I think there will be a few misses there but not much.

Kelvin Sheppard or Nate Irving over Austin, Bowman over Jones.

BB25 from the clips above Ogltree looks pretty good... both fast and powerful whereas Minter looked a bit stiff and slower. Brown looks good too but looks a bit smaller than the other two.