SportsWrath

Reese is the Freaking MAN!!!...

TrashTalker92

I usually don't take anything from yahoo with seriousness. but this one's a fun read .. Reese has an eye for talent.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/york-giants-five-most-significant-draft-picks-last-173700277--nfl.html

One of the biggest reasons behind the New York Giants' recent success is the organization's ability to find talent in the NFL draft. Shrewd selections have provided the key pieces for the team's last two Super Bowl championships and the building blocks for the future. With the 2013 NFL draft quickly approaching, here's a look back at Big Blue's five most significant draft picks of the last 10 years.

Jason Pierre-Paul (DE) -- The Giants plucked Pierre-Paul out of South Florida with the 15th overall pick in 2010. In his first three seasons, the destructive defensive end has collected 27.5 sacks and become the lynchpin of the Giants' defense. A two-time Pro Bowl selection, Pierre-Paul recently was named one of the top under-25 players in the National Football League by NFL.com.

Hakeem Nicks (WR) -- A first-round selection (No. 29 overall) in 2009, Nicks was plagued by injuries in 2012. However, the former North Carolina Tar Heel has amassed 3,726 yards and 27 touchdowns in his first four seasons in New York. Furthermore, in four playoff games in 2012, Nicks totaled 444 yards and four touchdowns. It's no wonder that the Giants are considering a long-term contract for him.

Ahmad Bradshaw (RB) -- Released earlier this month, Bradshaw made huge contributions to the team over the last six years. The hard-nosed running back ran for 4,232 yards (sixth-most in team history) and 32 touchdowns. Plus, he was a key member of New York's last two championship teams with 480 yards and two touchdowns in nine playoff games. A seventh-round pick out of Marshall in 2007, Bradshaw has to be one of the greatest value picks in team history.

Justin Tuck (DE) -- Tuck was third-round steal in the out of Notre Dame in the 2005 NFL draft. A two-time Pro Bowl selection, he has been an anchor on the team's defensive line with 49.5 sacks and 389 total tackles over the last few years. Furthermore, he was a human wrecking ball in the Giants' last two Super Bowl victories with a pair of sacks in each game. Although he has been limited by injuries the last couple of seasons, Tuck remains a team leader and one of the key pieces on defense.

Philip Rivers (QB) -- Technically, the Giants drafted Rivers with the fourth overall pick in the 2004 NFL draft, but they had no intention of keeping him. New York promptly flipped Rivers to the San Diego Chargers for first pick Eli Manning in arguably the greatest trade in franchise history. Since taking over as Big Blue's starting quarterback during the 2004 season, Manning hasn't missed a single start. And, of course, "Elite Eli" led the team to victory in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI as the MVP of each game.

Lets see what Reese has done in rounds 2-7 and UDFA since 07

Steve Smith (very valuable for the duration of his rookie deal)

Jay Alford (clutch sack)

Zack DeOssie (still here 6 years later)

Kevin Boss (was great here for his rookie deal)

Ahmad Bradshaw 7th round pick, nuff said.

Linval Joseph (great 2nd round pick)

Marcus Kuhn (looks to be a nice 7th round pick)

JaQuain Williams (great prospect for a 6th rounder, he looks to make the next step in 13)

Will Hill (very promising UDFA prospect with tons of talent)

Terrell Thomas (up until injury looked like one of the best young CBs in the game and poised to earn a huge contract) (steal in the 2nd)

Will Beatty (good looking LT in the 2nd round)

Victor Cruz (amazing UDFA Steal)

Henry Hynoski all pro FB UDFA

---

Not too shabby. I'm probly forgetting a name or two as well.

Lets see what Reese has done in rounds 2-7 and UDFA since 07

Steve Smith (very valuable for the duration of his rookie deal)

Jay Alford (clutch sack)

Zack DeOssie (still here 6 years later)

Kevin Boss (was great here for his rookie deal)

Ahmad Bradshaw 7th round pick, nuff said.

Linval Joseph (great 2nd round pick)

Marcus Kuhn (looks to be a nice 7th round pick)

JaQuain Williams (great prospect for a 6th rounder, he looks to make the next step in 13)

Will Hill (very promising UDFA prospect with tons of talent)

Terrell Thomas (up until injury looked like one of the best young CBs in the game and poised to earn a huge contract) (steal in the 2nd)

Will Beatty (good looking LT in the 2nd round)

Victor Cruz (amazing UDFA Steal)

Henry Hynoski all pro FB UDFA

---

Not too shabby. I'm probly forgetting a name or two as well.

I might Give you Cruz Hynoski and Bradshaw and Smith. And 4 of those guys where in the 2nd round. He still can not find a LB for shit.

I criticize Reese alot, but I think overall he has done a great job.

I also think Marc Ross has done a tremendous job running the scouting department....he and his scouts are doing a ton of grunt work evaluating talent.

Depends. We've won two Superbowl because our offensive and defensive lines were better than the Patriots lines. I'd as much as I'd like a stud LB, it probably won't be this draft class.

I don't care about a stud, how about "not a plodder*" Let's start there.

plod |pläd|

verb ( plodded , plodding ) [ intrans. ]

walk doggedly and slowly with heavy steps : we plodded back up the hill figurative : talks on a new constitution have plodded on.

• • work slowly and perseveringly at a dull task : we were plodding through a textbook.
  • The Giants Linebackers are plodders

i agree with the giants strategy personally. i think depth at db and dl is huge with the way today's offenses in the NFL are built.

that said i would like to have just one stud MLB at the very least

I certainly want our Defense to be the focus this time around... no sense of having a great offense if your defense gives up points wholesale.

I think the Giants strategy is BPA. Which would mean if JPP et al were linebackers, we'd be deep there.

But the current talent level at LB weakens both the DL and the backfield. It weakens the whole team.

The talent level at defensive tackle really exposes the linebackers too. It's also a reason why we've gone with the 3 safety look so much the past few years as well.

A healthy Gronkowski in Superbowl 46 would have exposed our linebackers, seriously you think Blackburn intercepts that throw if the kid's ankle is fine?.

You can't say such a thing like today's style of play means the Giants might be smart not to place emphasis on linebackers. This years superbowl has 2 two teams with vert strong linebackers corps. Today's NFL offenses are geared towards the pass and mobile qb's but not many teams worth a shit are winning anything without decent running backs.

I'll give you that. I also think Osi's boy JaQuian Williams is going to be a good player for us the next two seasons. I just can't see the Giants taking a linebacker high in this draft. They really need some offensive line help.

Yep and I really don't think there is a 1st round LB this year.