SportsWrath

Giants: Nicks is Giants top priority over Cruz

osi724dasack

I know it sounds weird to say since they're both WRs, but its almost an apples-and-oranges comparison. They're both good players who are better when complimented by the other.

Hey that's what I said in the other thread :rules:

or was it this thread?

Why are we having an identical argument in 2 threads anyway?

Mod you imigrate, delete one now :rules:

I think the front office and ownership is coming out with this so Cruz brings his price down. We do have cap issues so the possibility of only being able to afford one is very real but Id expect both of them to be a priority. We need them both. But if it came down to it I'd probably lean Cruz. He plays every game and I think Randle has a better chance of replacing what Nicks can do than anyone we have or could find for the slot. I do think Nicks is the better talent though.

One thing that needs to be pointed out here is that while Cruz might not have been hurt a lot of the season, IMO he wasn't the same guy after the hit he took in the Pittsburgh game, and frankly I'm surprised that it took that long for him to get clocked. That said, I don't think anyone in their right mind wants to get rid of the kid, I don't. But if the choice is Nicks or Cruz, it's Nicks and I don't even blink.

One thing that needs to be pointed out here is that while Cruz might not have been hurt a lot of the season, IMO he wasn't the same guy after the hit he took in the Pittsburgh game, and frankly I'm surprised that it took that long for him to get clocked. That said, I don't think anyone in their right mind wants to get rid of the kid, I don't. But if the choice is Nicks or Cruz, it's Nicks and I don't even blink.

I've posted this a few times before; Cruz has been avoiding hits for a while now. I think everybody remembers the give up fumble not fumble. I don't blame him when he's being paid UDFA money and a big contract is possibly coming but he's not playing fearless.

I've posted this a few times before; Cruz has been avoiding hits for a while now. I think everybody remembers the give up fumble not fumble. I don't blame him when he's being paid UDFA money and a big contract is possibly coming but he's not playing fearless.

Back in the day we called this the Tony Dorsett Maneuver...where Tony would lay that ball on the ground to keep down the number of hits....or the Franco Harris Option where that guy would run out of bounds on most of his runs to avoid the lumber coming his way... :LMAO: