SportsWrath

For those looking at the draft already

gmenroc

...okay, I'm rooting first and foremost for the Giants to win and Dallas, Minnesota, and Chicago all to lose so we make it into the playoffs. That's #1. That said, I don't hold out much hope that all 4 games fall that way.

So...moving on.

If the above does not happen, I wanted to look at the range of draft picks the Giants are currently looking at based on the win/loss against Philadelphia.

The top 9 teams in the league all have 10 wins or more and we cannot overtake their standing (Atlanta, Houston, Denver, Green Bay, New England, San Francisco, Baltimore, Seattle, Indianapolis).

There are currently 4 teams that are 9-6 (washington, cincinatti, chicago, minnesota). We cannot overtake washington or cincinatti at this point based on head-to-head. Coupled with the 9 teams above, there are 11 teams that we cannot possibly overtake at this point.

There are 13 teams with 6 or fewer wins that cannot overtake us at this point. There is also New Orleans, that could end up tied with us, but over whom we hold the tiebreaker. So, this puts 14 teams behind us record-wise and ahead of us in the draft.

So, AT BEST, we'll draft 15th. At worst, we draft 21st. Chicago, Minnesota, Dallas, St. Louis, Miami, Pittsburgh, and the Giants are in this range. So if the Giants lose, root for these teams to win...I guess.

I was actually gonna figure this out over the weekend. Glad somebody beat me to it.

15 is a nice spot. I think last time we had that spot we ended up with Jeremy Droppy.

Every spot is important. 5 spots could be the difference between Johnathan Ogden... and Cedric Jones.

I was actually gonna figure this out over the weekend. Glad somebody beat me to it.

15 is a nice spot. I think last time we had that spot we ended up with Jeremy Droppy.

Every spot is important. 5 spots could be the difference between Johnathan Ogden... and Cedric Jones.

Has now we are picking 19.

gmenroc has always been a draftnik, man... just hasn't posted quite as much about it as you or I. But man, I really can't get into it until football games are done.

I do, bowl games are going on now, I like to watch bowls for certain prospects.

Current draft order:

1 Kansas City Chiefs 2-14

2 Jacksonville Jaguars 2-14

3 Oakland Raiders 4-12

4 Philadelphia Eagles 4-12

5 Detroit Lions 4-12

6 Cleveland Browns 5-11

7 Arizona Cardinals 5-11

8 Buffalo Bills 6-10

9 New York Jets 6-10

10 Tennessee Titans 6-10

11 San Diego Chargers 7-9

12 Miami Dolphins 7-9

13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7-9

14 Carolina Panthers 7-9

15 New Orleans Saints 7-9

16 St. Louis Rams 7-8-1

17 Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8

18 Dallas Cowboys 8-8

19 New York Giants 9-7

20 Chicago Bears 10-6

http://www.nfl.com/n...son-ended-today

I absolutely LOVE Bjoern Werner. He is a man-beast. Simply an over powering DE. I've seen a lot of him this past season, and let me tell you, he could've started on a lot of teams this PAST year. I'm praying somehow he falls in our lap.

EDIT* - And I'm not saying ANY of this because of bias to Seminoles. Bjoern Werner is the real deal, can't miss DE that looks like the white boy version of Strahan.

I absolutely LOVE Bjoern Werner. He is a man-beast. Simply an over powering DE. I've seen a lot of him this past season, and let me tell you, he could've started on a lot of teams this PAST year. I'm praying somehow he falls in our lap.

EDIT* - And I'm not saying ANY of this because of bias to Seminoles. Bjoern Werner is the real deal, can't miss DE that looks like the white boy version of Strahan.

He will be a top five pick, he might go two to Jax

BTW Bigblue25 - It would surprise me to see them go DE again. With Brandon Graham and Trent Cole there, and Vinny Curry who they like going into his second season, it would be a bit of a surprise to me.

Graham has been a bust, Cole will be 31 anf Curry had 0 sacks.

Alec Ogletree, which is the guy I believe you said you really like, right Bigblue25? He is mocked to us currently by Walter Football. The plus is he has real speed that would be able to run with TE's. I've seen a little tape of him and I see him get swallowed up by blockers in the run game, though. He needs to get stronger at the next level and come off blocks better. But he is an interesting prospect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBD3yxwYZ9o

Come on Joe, you know the rules! Post a video!

I like what I see, Joe, although sometimes his desire and pursuit don't look great. Looks like he has a bit of a tendency, at least in this game, to become a spectator. The play at 1:50 was special, though. Instinctual, I don't think that was a design blitz, but his closing speed was great and he got the strip as well.

Come on Joe, you know the rules! Post a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2n2iXjoUms

I like what I see, Joe, although sometimes his desire and pursuit don't look great. Looks like he has a bit of a tendency, at least in this game, to become a spectator. The play at 1:50 was special, though. Instinctual, I don't think that was a design blitz, but his closing speed was great and he got the strip as well.

As a Rutgers alumni I've followed Greene.....he definitely has a nose for the ball....converted safety.....could easily play in Fewell's system...that cover 2 stuff requires linebackers that can run, and Greene can pretty much run all day.

gmenroc has always been a draftnik, man... just hasn't posted quite as much about it as you or I. But man, I really can't get into it until football games are done.

Thanks. I look at the numbers side of it. Jim comes in with the analysis of the specific players that I honestly don't have the time to dig into anymore. I loved looking at draft classes and mocking it up and all that...but rushing through it just to do it is not the fun part.