SportsWrath

F@CK RG3

That's like saying a defender pretending to blitz but dropping back into coverage is a gimmick etc. etc.. And it ain't like the triple option is the only play the Redskins use. We seemed to use it more against the Giants since you're defense is very aggressive and commits to plays.

The Redskins use a versatile offense because they've got a guy who can make use of it. It would be kind of a waste not to take advantage of some of the special skills RG3 has. Have him simply drop back and pass or hand it off.

Dude's thrown for 2,660 yards with only 4 interceptions so it ain't just him running around the field all day. You make it sound like he's Tim Tebow or something.

The guy is a straight up baller. http://espn.go.com/n...12/seasontype/2

Agreed - but as Ive maintained. This style is something thats burst out of a cannon and teams are not able to catch up to it. Wait a year and see if this works as consistently as it has this year. I think the real thing thats making RG3 so effective is Alfred Morris being a beast! That dude can run and with power. Its Morris in the lineup that keeps defenses guessing. If not for that strong running game, RG3's effectiveness might be diminished. If Washington can improve the OL through FA/draft - it could get scarily good. Morris is the reason RG3's completion percentage is so high because most of his throws are low-risk throws. He doesnt have to thread the needle. He'll always have guys open and Shanahan is a heck of a coach who can prepare the QB for who is going to be open in that situation. I think RG3 doesnt have to go through progressions the way a normal QB does. He knows before hand its going to be one of 2 guys. Most of his throws have been completed when there isnt a defender in sight.

Agreed - but as Ive maintained. This style is something thats burst out of a cannon and teams are not able to catch up to it. Wait a year and see if this works as consistently as it has this year. I think the real thing thats making RG3 so effective is Alfred Morris being a beast! That dude can run and with power. Its Morris in the lineup that keeps defenses guessing. If not for that strong running game, RG3's effectiveness might be diminished. If Washington can improve the OL through FA/draft - it could get scarily good. Morris is the reason RG3's completion percentage is so high because most of his throws are low-risk throws. He doesnt have to thread the needle. He'll always have guys open and Shanahan is a heck of a coach who can prepare the QB for who is going to be open in that situation. I think RG3 doesnt have to go through progressions the way a normal QB does. He knows before hand its going to be one of 2 guys. Most of his throws have been completed when there isnt a defender in sight.

Actually the option isn't used in Washington nearly as much as it would seem from that last game. I think the Redskins used it more due to the style of defense the Giants have which is very aggressive. The option works pretty good on a defense that shows their hand early. A lot of teams would try and counter an aggressive pass rush by either calling some quick slant or use some maximum protection scheme. The option simply reacts to whatever type of attack the defense employs and runs a play off of that. Also I think stretch running plays (Shannahan's bread and butter) work well against the Giants.

I'm not going to argue with you about a good running game helping out a quarterback. Works the other way as well. A good passing game helps a running game. If we didn't have a good running game I'm sure RG3 would have a lower completion percentage. It's never one guy. Need to have receivers, a line etc. etc..

Regardless RG3's unique abilities give the Redskins the ability to do things a lot of teams can't. He's like a Michael Vick with a brain and a work ethic.

Actually the option isn't used in Washington nearly as much as it would seem from that last game. I think the Redskins used it more due to the style of defense the Giants have which is very aggressive. The option works pretty good on a defense that shows their hand early. A lot of teams would try and counter an aggressive pass rush by either calling some quick slant or use some maximum protection scheme. The option simply reacts to whatever type of attack the defense employs and runs a play off of that. Also I think stretch running plays (Shannahan's bread and butter) work well against the Giants.

I'm not going to argue with you about a good running game helping out a quarterback. Works the other way as well. A good passing game helps a running game. If we didn't have a good running game I'm sure RG3 would have a lower completion percentage. It's never one guy. Need to have receivers, a line etc. etc..

Regardless RG3's unique abilities give the Redskins the ability to do things a lot of teams can't. He's like a Michael Vick with a brain and a work ethic.

With an ability to pass as well

You weren't over matched by the Redskins. We're a team with some definite holes, especially on defense in the secondary.

Big difference with Smith and Griffin. Playing to Smith's strengths involves taking away things he can't really do. Playing to Griffin's strengths is having him do things other quarterbacks can't. It's not like Griffin can't drop back, go through a progression and throw it to a receiver. He can make all the throws. Smith can't. Yeah, he can't read a defense like Peyton, Brady, Rodgers but he's a rookie. Luck can't do that either.

We have the number 1 running offense so passing constantly ain't the best idea. Especially since we have a crappy defense and the less they are on the field the better. If your defense sucks and you run the ball very well than being pass happy doesn't seem like the wisest strategy.

Not sure how you can be so sure.... its a two read offense. Its Tebow... with talent.

I admit, I love watching Griffin play, and unlike some similar players who have come before I think he'll put in the work and get to the point where he can drop back and work the entire field. But so far its almost all option plays and roll outs, all day long.

Not really although I admit when we play you guys it is. I think it just happens to work really well against the Giants style of defense.

Yeah, I think what they're building down there is tailor made to beat the Giants.... Which is sort of cool, IMO. It will make for a fun rivalry as Eli's career winds down. And expect to see an influx of sideline-to-sideline linebackers on the Giants in the near future, lol.

I do think the praise he's received is disproportionate to his play. To be honest, I have absolutely zero fear of RGIII on a compressed field. To this point he needs a large window to find an open receiver... I'm still waiting to see him complete a pass into coverage when he has to, and I've seen a lot of 'Skins football this year, its not like I just tuned in for the two games against the Giants.

But I think he's going to get there. And if he does, the only thing that will stand between the Redskins and a couple more rings is the near certainty that Little Danny Snyder will do something stupid that ruins the team around Griffin. Heaven help us if he's finally learned to leave the football decisions to the football professionals.

No they just have a desire to win games.

Giant's seem to flip flop on rather or not they feel like winning games every weekend.

Well they better come to play. They've dug themselves into a hole. From what it looks like, if they lose today, they will share the division lead, and only by record, as Washington holds the tie breakers.

No they just have a desire to win games.

Giant's seem to flip flop on rather or not they feel like winning games every weekend.

Yeah, then 'Skins play really hard. Other teams take them for granted, they severely lack talent at several areas, but the effort keeps them in games.

Well they better come to play. They've dug themselves into a hole. From what it looks like, if they lose today, they will share the division lead, and only by record, as Washington holds the tie breakers.

That's the only thing I can say about the Giants I hate, is that they feed into the media. One week they come out and play like they can beat any single team the other week they get big headed and lose to a team like the Bungles.

That's the only thing I can say about the Giants I hate, is that they feed into the media. One week they come out and play like they can beat any single team the other week they get big headed and lose to a team like the Bungles.

The only year they were really consistent, in the last 20 years, was 2008, then Plax had to go and shoot himself.