SportsWrath

Some Players Ruled Out For Thursday

Mr. P

So what is it if it's not broken? A contusion? You know Nicks would play through pain if he could so I'm getting concerned.

I'd guess it's just still painful after the game, it has been only what, 4 days? Thursday games are weak. The least they could do would be to put them on Friday night....

It's tough to be effective from the WR position with a bum wheel, I think he was just getting back to form, too, with the long break off previous to the Buc game....

So what is it if it's not broken? A contusion? You know Nicks would play through pain if he could so I'm getting concerned.

Well there's a difference between playing through the pain, and gimping around on the field.

Maybe it's not broken but at the same time as a WR having to plant the foot to make cuts, maybe he just can't do anything on it.

I have to believe that this has more to do with the quick turnaround from the Bucs to the Panthers and the in-game aggravation of the foot in the Buccs game.

Had his foot not been re-aggravated, I think he'd play. Had our next game been on Sunday rather than tonight, I think he'd have played. Either way, I see him coming back for our next game.

Good points, I also think that this is probably not Nicks' decision. If Ronnie Barnes or some team doc says no, he shouldn't play, the Coughlin is going to respect that.

Don't tell that to the people who call Prince a pussy for not playing last week.

I'd guess it's just still painful after the game, it has been only what, 4 days? Thursday games are weak. The least they could do would be to put them on Friday night....

It's tough to be effective from the WR position with a bum wheel, I think he was just getting back to form, too, with the long break off previous to the Buc game....

I too don't like Thursday night games.. and would prefer a Friday night.. even a Saturday night... fuck the NCAA.

I too don't like Thursday night games.. and would prefer a Friday night.. even a Saturday night... fuck the NCAA.

Unfortunately it won't change. It's not about being nice to the NCAA, it because there are huge portions on the country, particularly in the south, who would choose to watch college ball over NFL.

Yeah, I was just thinking that, myself. I was wondering after I posted what the reasoning was behind the Thursday night game instead of Friday or Saturday and the NCAA has to be the answer. Other than them, what is the problem with a Saturday night game?

I don't care about it being thursday, what bothers me is that it's on the nfl network.

True, but I don't mind watching it on the 'puter. I had to watch the Bucs-Giants Sunday on it....Buffalo seems to always be playing at the same time as the Giants.

True, but I don't mind watching it on the 'puter. I had to watch the Bucs-Giants Sunday on it....Buffalo seems to always be playing at the same time as the Giants.

Aren't the Buffalo games on CBS and the Giants usually on Fox? We used to get Rochester New York Fox here, until the bastids petitioned for Minneapolis (seriously who the fuck would want to watch Vikings games) :ranting2: , and I'd get almost all the Giants games.

Aren't the Buffalo games on CBS and the Giants usually on Fox? We used to get Rochester New York Fox here, until the bastids petitioned for Minneapolis (seriously who the fuck would want to watch Vikings games) :ranting2: , and I'd get almost all the Giants games.

Yeah but when they play at the same time and the Bills game is sold out, they black out Fox games so all I get is the Bills....

Direct TV is reasonable now that NFL ticket is free...but the jump in rates from the probationary period to the next is pretty outrageous...and I'm not exactly sure that the jump in rates includes continuance of the free NFL ticket piece or whether the free NFL ticket is every bit as promotional as are the discounted prices.

By the way, when looking, I noticed that Direct TV offers a AAA discount...for those here who have Direct TV, might be worth looking into

Direct TV is reasonable now that NFL ticket is free...but the jump in rates from the probationary period to the next is pretty outrageous...and I'm not exactly sure that the jump in rates includes continuance of the free NFL ticket piece or whether the free NFL ticket is every bit as promotional as are the discounted prices.

By the way, when looking, I noticed that Direct TV offers a AAA discount...for those here who have Direct TV, might be worth looking into

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's promotional...but it might be only a year or two deal because I remember seriously thinking about switching, but that included a couple year contract which I doubt I'm going to be living here for many more years....now, whether or not they could just update the billing information and switch me to a different, local DirecTV branch I never bothered to find out.

I just switched to DirecTV, and being out of market, having the Sunday Ticket is the best thing I've ever done.

The markup for the 2nd 12 months isn't as bad as it used to be either. After the probationary period, I'll still be paying less than I was to Time Warner.

they offer internet now, too, right? DTV that is....?