SportsWrath

Everyone sack up and post your 53 man roster predictions!!

osi724dasack

Mine

QB: Eli, Carr (Perriloux PS)

RB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott

FB: Hynoski

WR: Nicks, Cruz, Barden, Randle, JJ, Hixon

TE: Bennet, Pascoe, Robinson, (Beckum PUP)

OT: Beatty, Diehl, Brewer, McCants

OG/C: Snee, Boothe, Baas, Petrus, Cordle

DE: JPP, Tuck, O$i724dasack, Ojomo

DT: Joseph, Bernard, Austin, Thomas, Kuhn (Canty PUP) Rogers IR

LB: Boley, Rivers, Kiwi, Williams, Herzlich, Paysinger, Blackburn/Jones (honestly that 7th LB spot if there is one is a toss up between Chase and Jones, maybe Herz is on the bubble but I doubt it, this is the toughest call on the team)

Webster

Prince

Hosely

T2

Coe

Bruce Johnson

Phillips

Rolle

Hill

Sash ( suspended first 4 games and won't count in the roster)

Tynes

Weatherford

DeOssie

I'm not sure Ojomo beats Tracy for the 4th DE spot. I also think you need to find room for WR Douglas.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Ojomo has looked really good in preseason, but Tracy has also shown some real talent out there. And I think everyone wants to see the team find room for Douglas.

There's going to be some tough calls unless a player or two goes down with serious injuries in Wednesday night's game against the Pats. I really hope Douglas makes the team. If not, he'll be on the practice squad for sure and the way WR's get hurt, it will only be a matter of time before he's called up.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Ojomo has looked really good in preseason, but Tracy has also shown some real talent out there. And I think everyone wants to see the team find room for Douglas.

There's going to be some tough calls unless a player or two goes down with serious injuries in Wednesday night's game against the Pats. I really hope Douglas makes the team. If not, he'll be on the practice squad for sure and the way WR's get hurt, it will only be a matter of time before he's called up.

I'd say Ojomo is PS and Douglas makes the team. He has been doing returns during the pre-season which is a need. I don't think Coughlin cares if you can return for TDs as long as you don't fuck up with the ball. So far finding this person has not been easy. I am going to say Douglas is a lock because of this. I think Barden and Hixon are bubble WRs before Douglas.

Not sure if this is a prediction as much as wishful thinking on a couple of these, but here goes....

Mine

QB: Eli, Carr

RB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Scott, Brown

WR: Nicks, Cruz, Randle, JJ, Hixon, Douglas

TE: Bennet, Pascoe, Robinson

OT: Beatty, Diehl, Locklear, Brewer,

DE: JPP, Tuck, Umenyiora, Tracy

DT: Joseph, Bernard, Austin, Kuhn, Thomas (but will be cut when Canty returns from PUP)

LB: Boley, Rivers, Kiwi, Williams, Herzlich, Paysinger, Blackburn

CB: Webster, Prince, Hosely, T2, Coe

S: Phillips, Rolle, Hill, Sash

K: Tynes

P: Weatherford

LS: DeOssie

Yes, Ware is cut. Finally! I know, I know, he's the only RB not named Bradshaw who can block. I'm wishcasting that one of the other guys gets to Ware's level and makes the guy expendable.

Not sure how Barden makes his exit. He played well against the Bears, he's the sort of unique player that may have value to another team.... maybe they trade him? Or, its possible that Hixon is out and Barden sticks, even though I'd almost rather them give up on Jernigan. Its his second year, and he's still working on Pop Warner level technique? Seriously? Sorry guys... I don't care how fast the guy is, we've seen absolutely zero from him to suggest he's anything but another Tim Carter or Sinorice Moss.

I know this much: David Douglas made the team already. He was the team's starting punt returner last Saturday, not Jernigan or Hosely, not Hixon. And I'm happy with that... job one, protect the ball, and Douglas looks great in that respect.

I think Bruce Johnson is out. He might stick around until Sash comes back, but he won't be on the 53 for all 16 games. He's not a bad player, but he's not a guy who could afford to blow an achilles and lose a step.

OFFENSE (25):

QB (2):

Eli Manning

David Carr

Cut: Ryan Perriloux

RB (4):

Ahmad Bradshaw

David Wilson

Danny Ware

Andre Brown

Cut: Da'Rel Scott

FB (1):

Henry Hynoski

WR (6):

Hakeem Nicks

Victor Cruz

Rueben Randle

Domenik Hixon

Jerrel Jernigan

David Douglas

Cut: Ramses Barden, Isaiah Stanback, Dan DePalma

TE (3):

Martellus Bennett

Bear Pascoe

Adrien Robinson

Cut: Larry Donnell

OL (9):

Will Beatty

Kevin Boothe

David Baas

Chris Snee

David Diehl

Sean Locklear

James Brewer

Mitch Petrus

Matt McCants

Cut: Selvish Capers, Stephen Goodin, Jim Cordle, Chris White

DEFENSE (25):

DE (4):

Justin Tuck

Jason Pierre-Paul

Osi Umenyiora

Adrian Tracy

Cut: Adawale Ojomo, Matt Broha, Craig Marshall

DT (5):

Linval Joseph

Rocky Bernard

Marvin Austin

Marcus Thomas

Markus Kuhn

IR: Shaun Rogers

Cut: Dwayne Hendricks

LB (7):

Mathias Kiwanuka

Chase Blackburn

Michael Boley

Keith Rivers

Jacquian Williams

Mark Herzlich

Spencer Paysinger

Cut: Greg Jones, Jake Muasau

CB (6):

Corey Webster

Prince Amukamara

Jayron Hosley

Michael Coe

Terrell Thomas

Justin Tryon

Cut: Bruce Johnson, Dante Hughes, Laron Scott

S (3):

Kenny Phillips

Antrel Rolle

Will Hill

Cut: Stevie Brown

Suspended: Tyler Sash

Special Teams (3):

Lawrence Tynes

Steve Weatherford

Zak DeOssie

I believe they'll try to get Ojomo, Perriloux, Broha, Stanback, Scott, Muasau, and several others on the practice squad (not sure of Scott's eligibility).

Not sure if this is a prediction as much as wishful thinking on a couple of these, but here goes....

Mine

DT: Joseph, Bernard, Austin, Kuhn, Thomas (but will be cut when Canty returns from PUP)

Yes, Ware is cut. Finally! I know, I know, he's the only RB not named Bradshaw who can block. I'm wishcasting that one of the other guys gets to Ware's level and makes the guy expendable.

Not sure how Barden makes his exit. He played well against the Bears, he's the sort of unique player that may have value to another team.... maybe they trade him? Or, its possible that Hixon is out and Barden sticks, even though I'd almost rather them give up on Jernigan. Its his second year, and he's still working on Pop Warner level technique? Seriously? Sorry guys... I don't care how fast the guy is, we've seen absolutely zero from him to suggest he's anything but another Tim Carter or Sinorice Moss.

I know this much: David Douglas made the team already. He was the team's starting punt returner last Saturday, not Jernigan or Hosely, not Hixon. And I'm happy with that... job one, protect the ball, and Douglas looks great in that respect.

I think Bruce Johnson is out. He might stick around until Sash comes back, but he won't be on the 53 for all 16 games. He's not a bad player, but he's not a guy who could afford to blow an achilles and lose a step.

You have one more spot, because Sash moves to the suspended list for the first 4 games and won't count towards the 53 man roster.

The kicker on the debate between Tracy and Ojomo is that Tracy, being a former linebacker, probably is more useful on special teams. He also is longer tenured with the team for a reason. They've kept him around and he's played well. But these bench guys have to be able to play specials and I don't think Ojomo has the look of a very good special teamer.

Mine

CD you're picking Brown over Danny Ware? Bold move but I don't think that's happening given Ware's durability and his steady contribution.. not great but steady nonetheless.

Here's a question.....after they announce the 53 man roster....who on that roster is at risk of getting cut should Reese eyeball a better option who has been cut by another. team?

Meaning, who is getting on the squad due to overall weakness at a position...?

C. Wagon

Chuck, I think you'd definitely have to say the OL and the last cornerback spot, that I've given to Tryon, but others have said it may be Bruce Johnson and or Laron Scott. CB is definitely an issue because of the injuries to T2 and Amukamara. I don't think either of them will play week 1 and week 2 may also be a bit too optimistic. So upgrading that last corner position might be a necessity. I also think that there's a chance the Giants will carry one fewer RB or WR than I have listed so that they can carry an extra CB because of the injuries. That would mean that the survivor between Andre Brown/Da'Rel Scott or David Douglas/Ramses Barden would be in trouble.

At the OL, again, you have some issues with quality depth. Beatty looks like he's close to being back, so that's really good news. But I do believe that the Giants will be looking around the league for a quality tackle or guard/center that they could upgrade our depth, which would put Petrus and possibly McCants or Brewer at risk.

The kicker on the debate between Tracy and Ojomo is that Tracy, being a former linebacker, probably is more useful on special teams. He also is longer tenured with the team for a reason. They've kept him around and he's played well. But these bench guys have to be able to play specials and I don't think Ojomo has the look of a very good special teamer.

Plus Tracy has looked good against good players. I'm not sure that Ojomo has stood out to me in quite the same way.

CD you're picking Brown over Danny Ware? Bold move but I don't think that's happening given Ware's durability and his steady contribution.. not great but steady nonetheless.

lol.... that was wishful thinking on my part.... Ware is just such a limited athlete, he's not really an NFL level player. If any of the backups can develop into an adequate pass blocker, than cutting Ware is addition by subtraction.

Perrilloux makes the tream as #2 QB....Carr Cut

Douglas replaces Hixon

Kuhn makes the 53

Herzlich makes the roster as back up to Blackburn

Ojomo makes the cut....

...and they bring back the Bachelor to be #3!

If you go to the GMB a lot of people feel as I do about Carr and Perrilloux...........for once this is the bastion of head in the sand, king has no clothes opinion

Yeah, and most people can't even name one out of their 2 state senators. So? It's obvious to people who really pay attention Perriloux is garbage.

Jack, can we make a bet? I promise to send you $100 if Carr is cut in favor of Perriloux, if you promise to send me $100 if Perriloux is cut and Carr remains the backup. Deal?

Woooo easy there Mr Moneybags :P