SportsWrath

Top 5 breakout Giants for 2012

osi724dasack

This means that the players you pick will Break out in a big way.

1.) Linval Joseph (pro bowl performance this upcoming season)

2.) Mitch Petrus (will earn a starting job and will become a force in the running game)

3.) Ramses Barden (yea I said it, I have a feeling. This is by far the riskiest player on my list, by far!! Lightyear far, but the potential is there and he has a few years on Randle and JJ, so his final chance is here)

4.) JaQuain Williams (he will continue a steady improvement, he will get better and Better for the next 3 years and he's gonna see tons f time, he's my favorite to win the Deon Grant role as well, I've been high on this guy since the week he was drafted, he is this generations Jesse Armstead)

5.) Prince Amukamara (he will shine his talent all year long)

Honorable mentions

Marvin Austin

Adrien Robinson

Reuben Randle

JJ

Mark Herzlich

Darel Scott

Barden will only break his leg!!!

Marvin Austin - low body with a mean look to the dude. Gonna push guys around.

Prince - will turn the secondary into something special

Pitrus - weight room monster usually arent high on my list. Cuz a dude lifting 300 pound only means he can just do that. But after some showing of him on the field. He looks like a guy with talent.

Randle - everyone is high on him. If he has talent and works well with Eli or committing to working hard with Eli. He will do well.

Wilson - has speed and quickness. Unlike Bradshaw who has both but Wilson has this slippery quickness. Will be great addition to our running game that lacks this type of eel like RB.

I anxious to see Austin and what he can do. I think he is going to surprise an awful lot of people.

I think Herzlick will have a breakout year as well as Petrus. These two are especially gifted and hungry to prove themselves and are students of the game.

As far as Barden goes....if he gets in a groove with a few nice catches, he's going to get a lot more chances and could surprise even Tree!

Guest StrahansGap

1.Rivers

2.Jernigan

3.Bennett

4.Wilson

5.Sash

I agree with #3 big time. Martellus Bennett is going to turn some heads this year. He's already 10 times better than Ballard and look how good Ballard did last year. Eli will be going to Bennett a lot this year. I'm extremely high on him.

Who's Rivers?

Wilson

Randle

Sash

That LB we got from Cinci? (is that Rivers? lol)

Jackstroud :)

Yes, Rivers is the LB we got from Cinncy, he was the 9th overall pick at one time and is still young. He has 186 tackles in only 35 games.

I went with Barden because I wanted a bold pick in my top 5.

My other 4 are really easy.

I could have sad Wilson or Randle or Rivers, but Barden may indeed finally start beasting it in the green zone. Or maybe he gets cut.

I went with Barden because I wanted a bold pick in my top 5.

My other 4 are really easy.

I could have sad Wilson or Randle or Rivers, but Barden may indeed finally start beasting it in the green zone. Or maybe he gets cut.

Yeah, cause I think two or three of your picks have already broken out LOL.

Yeah, cause I think two or three of your picks have already broken out LOL.

Not quite.

Joseph has barely scratched the surface. Same with JaQuain. Petrus and Barden have barely played with the 1st unit and Prince has not broken out. If anything you could say Joseph has already broken out.

Lol tempest I was thinking about putting Perriloux down instead of Barden but I don't wanna go there.

LOL Osi, this could be the season he stays on the practice squad all year long :cheers:

Not quite.

Joseph has barely scratched the surface. Same with JaQuain. Petrus and Barden have barely played with the 1st unit and Prince has not broken out. If anything you could say Joseph has already broken out.

Lol tempest I was thinking about putting Perriloux down instead of Barden but I don't wanna go there.

As far as "breakout" players go, I could see it going like this:

1. Wilson - not sure if he counts as breakout since he hasn't played a game yet but I think he'll be a huge contributor.

2. Amukamara - provided he's fully recovered from his injury, he could be a shut-down corner.

3. Petrus - give this kid enough time and I think he could be another Rich Seubert; unheralded, but smart and tough.

4. Rivers - when he's healthy, he's a good one... but he's not healthy often.

5. Randle - this kid sort of reminds me of a cross between Hakeem Nicks and Steve Smith.

Normally I'd say Ramses Barden too, but it's pretty obvious that he's already a top-5 receiver all-time from a talent standpoint, so he's not really a "breakout" candidate.

Guest StrahansGap

Sorry fellas, but I'm not high on Amukamara at all. I'm going to even go out on a limb and call him a huge bust. The only he's got going for him is his name. Sorry. Just my opinion.

1. David Wilson - his talent is evident, he's going to be a star, and he'll get significant opportunity right away.

2. Martellus Bennett - He has ability, and he's already penciled in as the day 1 starter. If he's motivated, he could surpass what Ballard did this year and have a pretty big season.

3. Linval Joseph - Hard to say a breakout because I think he was pretty outstanding, particularly the last half of the year, but I think this is the year he puts it all together, from start to finish, and is recognized by a wide audience to be a pretty awesome force in the middle.

4. Da'Rel Scott - He's a sleeper. But he's also on the cusp of getting a lot of action, only an injury to Bradshaw or Wilson a way from being a large contributor in the offense.

5. Keith Rivers - He's going to get playing time. If he can stay healthy, he can be very productive and change the culture of the linebacking unit into one that can effectively play versus the pass.

1. David Wilson - his talent is evident, he's going to be a star, and he'll get significant opportunity right away.

2. Martellus Bennett - He has ability, and he's already penciled in as the day 1 starter. If he's motivated, he could surpass what Ballard did this year and have a pretty big season.

3. Linval Joseph - Hard to say a breakout because I think he was pretty outstanding, particularly the last half of the year, but I think this is the year he puts it all together, from start to finish, and is recognized by a wide audience to be a pretty awesome force in the middle.

4. Da'Rel Scott - He's a sleeper. But he's also on the cusp of getting a lot of action, only an injury to Bradshaw or Wilson a way from being a large contributor in the offense.

5. Keith Rivers - He's going to get playing time. If he can stay healthy, he can be very productive and change the culture of the linebacking unit into one that can effectively play versus the pass.

:TU:

I think Jernigan is and will be a bust. My top 5 breakout players:

1. Amukamara (I know this guy personally, he went to HS with my nephew. Hes a beast and is working hard to be a stud)

2. J Williams (Continuing where he left off last yr.)

3. Darel Scott

4. Linval Joseph

5. Martellus Bennett (This guy just needed to be in a system that doesnt have Jason Witten or a choke artist who favors Witten as a QB)

Sorry fellas, but I'm not high on Amukamara at all. I'm going to even go out on a limb and call him a huge bust. The only he's got going for him is his name. Sorry. Just my opinion.

It's early, but even on his interception on his first play or whatever it was, he was SOOO far out of position and completely lucked out that the ball was terribly underthrown. I hope an actual training camp will help him but I saw absolutely nothing out of Prince Amukamara, myself. Which is why Aaron Ross most definitely should have been resigned.

It's early, but even on his interception on his first play or whatever it was, he was SOOO far out of position and completely lucked out that the ball was terribly underthrown. I hope an actual training camp will help him but I saw absolutely nothing out of Prince Amukamara, myself. Which is why Aaron Ross most definitely should have been resigned.

Aaron Ross needed to go. He sucked.