SportsWrath

Welcome Adrien Robinson

Allstarjim

way to catch the ball at knee level :TD:

you're missing the point. lol.

the safety had position on him, he reached around him to catch the ball.

I didn't hear anyone criticizing Nicks for "juggling" the ball when he made that amazing, behind the back catch.

I think he is going to surprise a lot of people and will be considered the best TE drafted in 2012. Lately this has been the round we draft that odd offensive lineman prospect, Adrien is an excellent TE prospect that is going to be the new standard for Giant tight ends.

Damn, Storm, you don't need to go that hard at Nas, though! I agree with you, but damn, it wasn't that big a deal. Can somebody give Nas a break around here? :)

lol, i'm sorry, i thought it was pretty funny....sorry, Nas.

Whoa whoa whoa now.

"Best TE out of this draft"

Lets settle down here.

I'm excited as anyone else for this guy with the praise of athleticism from Coughy and Reesy but let's keep in mind he wasnt even graded on many draft boards due to his inexperience.

Now I trust the coaching staff in finding the right players and Pope can turn anyone into a good TE, hell just look at Bear and Ballard but let's get this kid studying a play book first.

at the least though, i think that play showed some good ball skills and reaction to it in the air...if you watch close, even the guy covering him gets pretty disoriented by that throw...he ends up running himself out of a chance of making the play while Robinson maintained good body position, and yes, juggled the ball, but ultimately pulled in a difficult to catch ball.

Experience doesn't seem to be the biggest factor. JPP seems to be doing pretty well so far and he didn't have much as far as college experience.

I just have a feeling about Robinson, didn't like the other tight ends in the draft.

Whoa whoa whoa now.

"Best TE out of this draft"

Lets settle down here.

I'm excited as anyone else for this guy with the praise of athleticism from Coughy and Reesy but let's keep in mind he wasnt even graded on many draft boards due to his inexperience.

Now I trust the coaching staff in finding the right players and Pope can turn anyone into a good TE, hell just look at Bear and Ballard but let's get this kid studying a play book first.

Experience doesn't seem to be the biggest factor. JPP seems to be doing pretty well so far and he didn't have much as far as college experience.

I just have a feeling about Robinson, didn't like the other tight ends in the draft.

Well I think there's a difference between TEs and DEs.

You can line JPP up and say "Ok now go get the QB" which he does well and compare that to the TEs job of having to know every play, blocking assignment, route assignment and every audible in the book.

I'm not saying he will be a bust but let's give him time before we give him "The best TE out of the 2012 draft" title.

Damn, Storm, you don't need to go that hard at Nas, though! I agree with you, but damn, it wasn't that big a deal. Can somebody give Nas a break around here? :)

It's not a mystery I tend to have a different take on things... now.. with respect to THIS play... I didn't see anything spectacular.. the DB "had position" but you're like what at least 8" taller than that DB.. and the ball was in the air forever... I saw the catch as more being lucky than good... you're the big guy.. get your ass in position and GO UP and grab the ball.. don't wait for it to drop.

I see what you're saying, Nas. You'd like to see him plant and try to catch that ball over top of the receiver, but it was a severely underthrown ball and I'm not so sure he had the time to get back to that ball with the position of the DB on him to catch it up high. I think it was a pretty good play by him to stay with it and make an unorthodox catch on a very poorly thrown ball... BUT I will say it was more of a bad play by the DB than it was a great play by Robinson... DB never gets his head turned around to locate that ball, otherwise, it's an easy pass defensed, at least.

But I don't think that any one play means much. As long as this guy has good hands, I think we're ok. We'll find out. The exciting thing about him as that he's so big, at what, 265, 270? And at that size that he runs right about a 4.6. If that speed translates to the game, that's a mismatch. And looking at him, I believe he's not completely filled out for his frame... I think he can get bigger in our strength and conditioning program. So he's a very big and fast guy, and I'm excited about Pope working with him, because you know he's going to get it out of him if it's there, and everyone around him really believes it's there.

That was a nice catch, guy looks good. I dont really know much about him, hope he turns out to be something. Although im expecting Bennett to fit bettr in our sysem than in dallas, it would be nice to have another capable TE

That was a nice catch, guy looks good. I dont really know much about him, hope he turns out to be something. Although im expecting Bennett to fit bettr in our sysem than in dallas, it would be nice to have another capable TE

Fundamentals... Fundamentals...Fundamentals... Go up for the ball.. catch the ball away from your body... when over the head palms facing up.. thumbs outwards... when facing the ball thumbs inside... :rules:

Guest StrahansGap

Fundamentals... Fundamentals...Fundamentals... Go up for the ball.. catch the ball away from your body... when over the head palms facing up.. thumbs outwards... when facing the ball thumbs inside... :rules:

If he caught the ball like that coupled with his size, he would've been drafted in the first round. Kid has raw talent. I like him. I'm not worried at all....

If he caught the ball like that coupled with his size, he would've been drafted in the first round. Kid has raw talent. I like him. I'm not worried at all....

Oh I'm not worried either.. no doubt in my mind he has the physical attributes to be a really really good TE... I simply criticized THAT play... Did I expect to get criticized for that by everyone here? No... by Storm/Osi? You bet :)

Oh I'm not worried either.. no doubt in my mind he has the physical attributes to be a really really good TE... I simply criticized THAT play... Did I expect to get criticized for that by everyone here? No... by Storm/Osi? You bet :)

because it's not a play that he can display the fundamentals you so seek. Check out Jim's for that.