SportsWrath

Eagles just lost Jason Peters...ruptured achilles

gmenroc

If we got him with a late pick I wouldn't be mad.

Something's telling that here this guy is...in the one and only application process he has...to show his talents to 32 teams who already have piqued interest...and he isn't prepared and fails to perform. It says a lot.

Motivation - not on par...otherwise he'd have been prepared.

Big moment performance - not on the same level as others...he failed when it was up to him to do well

Add to this the fact that he's been noted as a headcase, and I'll gladly pass. He might have talent, but unless we pick him up in the round where our philosophy switches from BPA to Best Athlete Available.

Something's telling that here this guy is...in the one and only application process he has...to show his talents to 32 teams who already have piqued interest...and he isn't prepared and fails to perform. It says a lot.

Big moment performance - not on the same level as others...he failed when it was up to him to do well

Add to this the fact that he's been noted as a headcase, and I'll gladly pass. He might have talent, but unless we pick him up in the round where our philosophy switches from BPA to Best Athlete Available.

Yea I don't see the Giants taking him at all. I think we know head cases cause more harm than good...

This exactly, and I heard he was even worse in interviews. In fact, the buzz is he's completely off most draft boards, if not all. I would not be surprised in the least to see Burfict go undrafted. Some team might use a 6th or 7th on him, maybe a team like the Ravens, who could use Ray Lewis to mentor him in his last year or two in the NFL. But I think it is much more likely that teams will just pass... and maybe he signs a UDFA contract, somewhere. That is about the only scenario where I'd like him to come in, I wouldn't even want Reese to use a 7th on him.

He's the Lawrence Phillips of linebackers.

That's what soured most teams, they wondered what the hell he was doing between the end of the college football season and the combine, which is like two months. He certainly was not getting prepared to be a professional football player. We do not need his presence in the locker room, I wouldn't touch him has an UDFA.

I'd take a 6th or later on him, but that's about it. If he drops that far, it'd hopefully be the dose of reality he seemingly needs.

Then again, I'd want his contract laden with distraction/motivation clauses and with rookie wage scale, I don't know if that is even possible.

I'd take a 6th or later on him, but that's about it. If he drops that far, it'd hopefully be the dose of reality he seemingly needs.

Then again, I'd want his contract laden with distraction/motivation clauses and with rookie wage scale, I don't know if that is even possible.

I think he's worth better than that.. can't really call a 4th round bust can you? His upside is more than worth it.

I think he's worth better than that.. can't really call a 4th round bust can you? His upside is more than worth it.

I'm not sure there is a lot of upside. He ran a 5.09 40 (the only linebacker to post over a 5.00 40 at the combine), only 16 reps on the bench, and was awful in interviews, and he blamed his coaches for his bad season. Said to the media at the combine:

"The coaches kind of

messed me up

. I didn't know if I would start a game or be benched. It hurt me, but I tried to fight through it."

He also acknowledged a report where he got into a fight in the locker room. Not to mention his complete lack of discipline ON the field. To me, you have a guy that is an "excuses guy", gets a lot of personal fouls, gets himself into trouble off the field, and apparently has no work ethic. What upside is there?

A 4th rounder you can still get a quality player who can start early in his career. I'm not even sure I'd want the Giants to get him in a UDFA situation any more, the more I read about him, the more there is not to like.

Brandon Jacobs was a 4th rounder, so was Barry Cofield. Keith "The Hammer" Hamilton, 4th rounder. Mark Bavaro, 4th rounder.

David Diehl and Gibril Wilson were 5th rounders.

BTW, Reggie Torbor was the starting strongside linebacker on our 2007 Super Bowl winning team, played almost that whole season after Kiwanuka went down, and did well for us that year.

And lest I forget, the immortal one, the Bachelor, Jesse Palmer, he was also, a 4th rounder.

I don't think you can use a mid-round pick on a player that undisciplined, that unaccountable, and that volatile. In fact, if you watch anything other than his highlight videos, you see that he isn't all that fast, takes bad angles, and gets pushed around an awful lot. So even without all the baggage, it isn't like he's a first round talent that is sliding because of character issues. He's a 3rd round talent (at best) that is sliding because of all that baggage.

Brandon Jacobs was a 4th rounder, so was Barry Cofield. Keith "The Hammer" Hamilton, 4th rounder. Mark Bavaro, 4th rounder.

David Diehl and Gibril Wilson were 5th rounders.

BTW, Reggie Torbor was the starting strongside linebacker on our 2007 Super Bowl winning team, played almost that whole season after Kiwanuka went down, and did well for us that year.

And lest I forget, the immortal one, the Bachelor, Jesse Palmer, he was also, a 4th rounder.

I don't think you can use a mid-round pick on a player that undisciplined, that unaccountable, and that volatile. In fact, if you watch anything other than his highlight videos, you see that he isn't all that fast, takes bad angles, and gets pushed around an awful lot. So even without all the baggage, it isn't like he's a first round talent that is sliding because of character issues. He's a 3rd round talent (at best) that is sliding because of all that baggage.

My only point was that the Giants recent history of picking 4th round LBs, and there's been a lot of them, has been unimpressive. Torbor (and Short) were servicable but very replaceable, and it drops of rapidly from there. Given the history it would be hard to label another 4th round LB a "bust".

We've had some great value picks at other positions in the 4th-5th rounds but LB doesn't seem to be one of them.

P.S. I don't want this loser either.

Pete Monty

Brandon Short

Reggie Torbor

Zak DeOssie

Brian Kehl

Phillip Dillard

All 4th round LB selections, so yeah, not much to live up to.

Well DeOssie is a good STer and Torbor had some use like Short but yeah not too impressive. Damn I still remember Reese being all excited about Dillard. Not that I would expect the Giants to throw draft picks under the bus but what happened to that guy?

My only point was that the Giants recent history of picking 4th round LBs, and there's been a lot of them, has been unimpressive. Torbor (and Short) were servicable but very replaceable, and it drops of rapidly from there. Given the history it would be hard to label another 4th round LB a "bust".

We've had some great value picks at other positions in the 4th-5th rounds but LB doesn't seem to be one of them.

P.S. I don't want this loser either.

Oh ok! My bad.

• 1 month later...

This has to suck for the guy. How bad is your luck when your walker screws up and gives you a faceplant.

"Any hope that Eagles left tackle Jason Peters would return this season has almost certainly disappeared.

According to a league source, Peters ruptured his Achilles tendon again after the Roll-A-Bout he was using malfunctioned. Peters was maneuvering in his kitchen when the device broke, and he fell on his face and re-injured the Achilles.

The five-time Pro Bowler needed a second surgery, and his recovery was set back three weeks. He is going to sue the manufacturer of the device.

Peters initially suffered the injury March 27 while working out near his home in Texas. Shortly after the injury, the Eagles signed veteran tackle Demetress Bell."

http://www.csnphilly...7802&feedID=704

According to a league source, Peters ruptured his Achilles tendon again after the Roll-A-Bout he was using malfunctioned. Peters was maneuvering in his kitchen when the device broke, and he fell on his face and re-injured the Achilles.

I thought the Achilles was in the foot, not the face.