SportsWrath

Dominic Hixon

Lughead

He's just a camp body that can compete for a job. It's probly a cap friendly deal containing $0 guaranteed.

would rather have Hix returning punts/kickoffs than Jernigan or blackmon anyway. but damn 2 years 2 ACL's thats going to be hard to overcome. plus you never know who we may look at in FA.

This kind of surprised me. Of course it remains to be seen whether he'll hold on, but this could be an indication that Reese and TC are not very comfortable with the idea of Jernigan or Barden being the 3rd receiver. Or they just want more competition. I only say that because I'M not comfortable with the 2 of those guys as the 3rd receiver, either. What Hixon has going for him is that he knows the system and has a ton of reps with Eli already. But I have to believe that he will be on the bubble when TC has to make the cuts to get to 53.

I like Thomas, he was a first round pick? I think for the Redskins that never panned out for the whole Zorn era they went through.

Redskins fans that I talk with on another message board say he has all the talent in the world but could never put it together on the field.

So our WRs a of now are

Nicks

Cruz

Jernigan

Barden

Hixon

Thomas? (is he a f/a? Rather him over Hixon)

Thomas over Jernigan no questions about it. but again lets see what FA brings.

This kind of surprised me. Of course it remains to be seen whether he'll hold on, but this could be an indication that Reese and TC are not very comfortable with the idea of Jernigan or Barden being the 3rd receiver. Or they just want more competition. I only say that because I'M not comfortable with the 2 of those guys as the 3rd receiver, either. What Hixon has going for him is that he knows the system and has a ton of reps with Eli already. But I have to believe that he will be on the bubble when TC has to make the cuts to get to 53.

I'm not convinced this signing (if he sticks) is for a 3rd WR spot... love Hixon but he's too fragile at this point for a starting position.. err 3rd WR spot. Maybe our 4th... KR PR.

Is it me or does Jernigan look and play like S Moss?

It appears that way, but Jj comes from a small school and has a history of toughness. Let's give him more then 1 season without OTAs before we compare him to Moss.

Potential playmaker.

It appears that way, but Jj comes from a small school and has a history of toughness. Let's give him more then 1 season without OTAs before we compare him to Moss.

Potential playmaker.

I hope you're right.

Yeah Thomas is a free agent. I hope they bring him back.

Same here, we should be able to sign him cheap. But who knows maybe some team comes along out of the blue and says "sign here and you can compete for a starting job" he'd be stupid not to try to re-build his value as a talented WR vs backup STer on the giants who the coaches like, but most people have no idea who he is.

Really hope we can bring him back for the minimum.

Thomas over Jernigan no questions about it. but again lets see what FA brings.

You beat me to it. I would not feel comfortable having Jernigan as our 3rd WR. But I would feel a lil better starting either Thomas, or Hixon there, considering Hixons ACL tears dont hamper him.

Might be a bit of loyalty on the Giants part but if he shows he still has the wheels he immediately becomes our best return man. I hope that's the case because I'm ready for the Giants to draft a guy solely for this purpose.

Might be a bit of loyalty on the Giants part but if he shows he still has the wheels he immediately becomes our best return man. I hope that's the case because I'm ready for the Giants to draft a guy solely for this purpose.

Exactly...he has the moves and instincts for a good return man...even if he is just serviceable ...he would be an upgrade.

Exactly...he has the moves and instincts for a good return man...even if he is just serviceable ...he would be an upgrade.

Way too risky a move... sadly the Giants drafted Jernigan (sp) to be that return man.. hasn't panned out.