SportsWrath

Suprised this wasn't psoted yet

Firstnten

I might have the name wrong but it's the style the Eagles are using this season where the DEs line up very wide witht heir heads down and eys on the ball, then crash in on the Tackles at the snap.

I really like the wide-9 as a defensive tactic to mix things up. As the basis for a defensive scheme... I don't get it.

I really, really hope that if Andy Reid sticks around he shows some loyalty to his coaches. hehehehe....

I really like the wide-9 as a defensive tactic to mix things up. As the basis for a defensive scheme... I don't get it.

I really, really hope that if Andy Reid sticks around he shows some loyalty to his coaches. hehehehe....

It makes sense if yo have big, physical DEs who benefit from the extra head of steam in their bullrush. It should be pretty effective at collapsing the pocket and closing run lanes, though you need the LBs to have contain.

It makes sense if yo have big, physical DEs who benefit from the extra head of steam in their bullrush. It should be pretty effective at collapsing the pocket and closing run lanes, though you need the LBs to have contain.

Which they have. (I think Jason Babin's 18 sacks are a testament to the talent of Trent Cole.)

But why were they expecting to be able to run that all the time with those linebackers? Dumb dumb dumb.

Agreed. The Bears run this same base defense to great effect. They have Urlacher and Briggs though. The pigeons don't

My bet is Reese and the FO kept in touch with him all along... If he signs with another team it won't be because the Giants didn't make an effort.

I think you overestimate Reese.....he does his homework before draft day, but otherwise, he's got cement shoes.

If the Steve Smith debacle is any guide........welcome back to Philly, Spags.

I think you overestimate Reese.....he does his homework before draft day, but otherwise, he's got cement shoes.

I don't know...the Giants aren't shy about paying coaches, and there's no cap issues; so I don't think Reese would be particularly hesitant. And even with the slug-like process that they have when it comes to coaching changes, Fewell's contract is up after this season, and he's made Reese look bad by the way this defense has performed; so it isn't unreasonable for Jerry to have made a call already.

I don't know...the Giants aren't shy about paying coaches, and there's no cap issues; so I don't think Reese would be particularly hesitant. And even with the slug-like process that they have when it comes to coaching changes, Fewell's contract is up after this season, and he's made Reese look bad by the way this defense has performed; so it isn't unreasonable for Jerry to have made a call already.

It really would make a ton of sense for Reese / Front Office to make an aggressive move for Spags.

And, I would think, all things being equal, a NYG DC job would be more appealing than a Philly DC job.

Still, I think the Eagles front office has proven to be far more nimble than the Giants.....thankfully, all their moves didn't pan out this season.

Steve Smith debacle? I thought Reese was proven right... Philly is out $4M with a guy who ended up out for the season...