SportsWrath

"I told the players I expected to see quality execution and I didn't"

Herc

Coaching was a problem but so are the players and this goes for the entire season.

It almost seems like every single Giants player (with the exception of a few) basically said "Fuck it, I'm getting paid" honestly it's almost like there is zero sense of professionalism on the team and that starts from the top and goes down.

We could have The Chin or Gruden throwing six year old tantrums on the sidelines at the players and they would still be playing this way, there is zero leadership in the locker room.

There are more problems with the Giants this season then just the coaching, hopefully there is some major changes this off season with the coaches and the players.

The best part was Rolle trash talking the Redskins this week, and then completely shitting the bed on the field.

Loved the missed tackle on Stallworth 3rd and 17. The 3rd and 11 where Moss beat him so bad he had to wait for the football was pretty stellar as well.

Coaching was a problem but so are the players and this goes for the entire season.

It almost seems like every single Giants player (with the exception of a few) basically said "Fuck it, I'm getting paid" honestly it's almost like there is zero sense of professionalism on the team and that starts from the top and goes down.

We could have The Chin or Gruden throwing six year old tantrums on the sidelines at the players and they would still be playing this way, there is zero leadership in the locker room.

There are more problems with the Giants this season then just the coaching, hopefully there is some major changes this off season with the coaches and the players.

i agree, there's nothing wrong with saying your players aren't executing, but when you keep saying that after every loss and never showing any accountability yourself it comes off as cheap and desperate

Loved the missed tackle on Stallworth 3rd and 17. The 3rd and 11 where Moss beat him so bad he had to wait for the football was pretty stellar as well.

Glad it happened....who could he fingerpoint at now? Yourself...you worthless sack of shit.

i dont think it's a slam dunk that he's gone next year even if we lose out.

i would just like to hear him say something like "it was a failure across the board, coaches and players" just once after a loss instead of just blaming them

The best part was Rolle trash talking the Redskins this week, and then completely shitting the bed on the field.

100% agreed. I've never seen someone tackle as cleanly as Rolle then just crumple against the opponent like he has no spine, not even slowing the runner down.

Coughlin did accept responsibility...reading the whole quote or the whole post-game may be better than clipping out what you want to prove a point.

"I am very disappointed in how we played today and the responsibility always comes right back to me and I accept it. I told the players that I just expected to see more. I expected to see quality, quality execution and really, quite frankly, we didn’t get much of that. "

That said, I think that he needs to go. He's clearly not motivating this team the way he should. I said in other threads that I think the team should be self motivated as part of being professional, but I also think that that's difficult to do all the time. And when the team is unmotivated or finding it difficult to get up for games on their own, it's the coach's responsibility to motivate. And I think that Coughlin's rhetoric has gotten stale. It's not bad fresh, but it's been dulled down by the time spent on these players. He needs to go, playoffs/division win or not.

And Fewell definitely needs to go. Fewell needs to go moreso than Coughlin, but I just don't think that you can split the responsibility enough to keep one and fire the other.

Coughlin did accept responsibility...reading the whole quote or the whole post-game may be better than clipping out what you want to prove a point.

"I am very disappointed in how we played today and the responsibility always comes right back to me and I accept it. I told the players that I just expected to see more. I expected to see quality, quality execution and really, quite frankly, we didn’t get much of that. "

That said, I think that he needs to go. He's clearly not motivating this team the way he should. I said in other threads that I think the team should be self motivated as part of being professional, but I also think that that's difficult to do all the time. And when the team is unmotivated or finding it difficult to get up for games on their own, it's the coach's responsibility to motivate. And I think that Coughlin's rhetoric has gotten stale. It's not bad fresh, but it's been dulled down by the time spent on these players. He needs to go, playoffs/division win or not.

And Fewell definitely needs to go. Fewell needs to go moreso than Coughlin, but I just don't think that you can split the responsibility enough to keep one and fire the other.

that's what they played on the radio but thanks for the unnecessary snarkiness anyway

and just because he threw in the quick disclaimer before diving into what he really wanted to say doesn't change his intent. he's been doing it after every loss

that's what they played on the radio but thanks for the unnecessary snarkiness anyway

and just because he threw in the quick disclaimer before diving into what he really wanted to say doesn't change his intent. he's been doing it after every loss

Feel free to pick and choose which part of his comment to downplay.

At the end of the day, EVERYONE is responsible. Coughlin knows it. The players know it. While they're not performing at even a mediocre level on the field, they're not complete fools.

i dont think it's a slam dunk that he's gone next year even if we lose out.

i would just like to hear him say something like "it was a failure across the board, coaches and players" just once after a loss instead of just blaming them

More and more I'm starting to think that Chuckwagon is right, and we need a fucking asshole on this team.

Look at all the great defenses... 86 Giants had Taylor, 85 Bears had Dent and Singletary, the 2000 Ravens had Lewis. There NEEDS to be an asshole on defense (and at least one on offense too) that can actually play... somebody that when you're Antrel Rolle and you talk shit and then whiff, is going to grab your facemask and scream your head off.... somebody who's NOT a 60-year-old coach. Hell, even the Giants of the 90's had Strahan and Armstead.

Right now, who's that guy? We have guys that can play but aren't vocal (JPP, Eli) and guys that are vocal but can't back it up (Jacobs, Rolle). We need the complete package, but I'm almost afraid that Reese is so focused on bringing in "character guys" that we may not ever get one. The line lost it's scrapper when Seubert went down; nobody's stepped up since. Pierce left two years ago and Goff/Boley/Kiwi are quiet. Somebody needs to set the tone and it ain't someone who's currently on the roster.

I can't blame Reese... when you're promoted to GM and the first week on the job you get Jeremy Droppy throwing a shit fit in front of the whole team... and later, Plax Burress derailing your postseason run... you don't want a primadonna asshole. But that was then, this is now... and right now this team has no accountability to itself.

I just take an issue with someone picking lines out of an article out of context and attempting to use them to back their opinion in hopes to have someone agree with them on a message board...only to be followed up with getting their panties in a twist when being called out on it.

More and more I'm starting to think that Chuckwagon is right, and we need a fucking asshole on this team.

Look at all the great defenses... 86 Giants had Taylor, 85 Bears had Dent and Singletary, the 2000 Ravens had Lewis. There NEEDS to be an asshole on defense (and at least one on offense too) that can actually play... somebody that when you're Antrel Rolle and you talk shit and then whiff, is going to grab your facemask and scream your head off.... somebody who's NOT a 60-year-old coach. Hell, even the Giants of the 90's had Strahan and Armstead.

Right now, who's that guy? We have guys that can play but aren't vocal (JPP, Eli) and guys that are vocal but can't back it up (Jacobs, Rolle). We need the complete package, but I'm almost afraid that Reese is so focused on bringing in "character guys" that we may not ever get one. The line lost it's scrapper when Seubert went down; nobody's stepped up since. Pierce left two years ago and Goff/Boley/Kiwi are quiet. Somebody needs to set the tone and it ain't someone who's currently on the roster.

I can't blame Reese... when you're promoted to GM and the first week on the job you get Jeremy Droppy throwing a shit fit in front of the whole team... and later, Plax Burress derailing your postseason run... you don't want a primadonna asshole. But that was then, this is now... and right now this team has no accountability to itself.

I don't think that you'll find much argument against the fact that this team lacks leadership and as such, lacks accountability. I don't feel that asshole = primadonna. But you're right, someone needs to step into that role. I look at teams like the Saints and see guys like Brees running a pre-game chant. While it seems kinda ridiculous, that vocal leadership - backed up with play on the field - fuels confidence, and that'll go a long way towards performing at a high (or higher) level.