SportsWrath

"I told the players I expected to see quality execution and I didn't"

Herc

More and more I'm starting to think that Chuckwagon is right, and we need a fucking asshole on this team.

Look at all the great defenses... 86 Giants had Taylor, 85 Bears had Dent and Singletary, the 2000 Ravens had Lewis. There NEEDS to be an asshole on defense (and at least one on offense too) that can actually play... somebody that when you're Antrel Rolle and you talk shit and then whiff, is going to grab your facemask and scream your head off.... somebody who's NOT a 60-year-old coach. Hell, even the Giants of the 90's had Strahan and Armstead.

Right now, who's that guy? We have guys that can play but aren't vocal (JPP, Eli) and guys that are vocal but can't back it up (Jacobs, Rolle). We need the complete package, but I'm almost afraid that Reese is so focused on bringing in "character guys" that we may not ever get one. The line lost it's scrapper when Seubert went down; nobody's stepped up since. Pierce left two years ago and Goff/Boley/Kiwi are quiet. Somebody needs to set the tone and it ain't someone who's currently on the roster.

I can't blame Reese... when you're promoted to GM and the first week on the job you get Jeremy Droppy throwing a shit fit in front of the whole team... and later, Plax Burress derailing your postseason run... but that was then, this is now... and right now this team has no accountability to itself.

worst part is that we can't even really draft anyone who can fill the role in the short-term because rookies rarely seize the leadership role that quickly. you'd think with guys like tiki, shockey, and plax off the team it'd be a little easier to become a leader in that locker room but i guess the problem is that we don't have anyone who wants to do it.

i've always admired jacobs' fire and i think it can do a team some good but, and i say this in the nicest way possible, he just isn't smart enough to control his fury or channel it in a way that is conducive to being a leader--plus we dont really need a leader on offense.

I just take an issue with someone picking lines out of an article out of context and attempting to use them to back their opinion in hopes to have someone agree with them on a message board...only to be followed up with getting their panties in a twist when being called out on it.

the only one getting their panties in a twist here is you. there are plenty of ways to disagree with someone without coming off like a tool.

i dont think it's a slam dunk that he's gone next year even if we lose out.

i would just like to hear him say something like "it was a failure across the board, coaches and players" just once after a loss instead of just blaming them

Ayup...look sometimes a leader can regain his leadership mantle by taking it all on himself especially when he does not think its his fault alone. That way you make them your guys and perhaps shame a couple of them into producing. Tired of the finger pointing....its an across the board disaster. And you are right ....there is no guarantee that if he spikes it again that he will be gone. The Mara family is known for its inability to see what is in front of them and yet again spiking the fans. 18 years of collecting money with nothing to show for it on the field tells me all I need to know about the Mara Family. Damn near 20 years of not making the playoffs and this was under the Duke...Wellington Mara... :jerkoff:

Having full quote is great; it's still passing the buck. Similar to when somebody starts a sentence; I am not racist but... Yes you are racist and are just trying to cover. Saying I take responsibility but the players suck is not taking responsibility. It's just a veiled attempt to save his own ass.

I told them to play better but they didn't so what do you expect me to do? Weak. :facepalm:

Having full quote is great; it's still passing the buck. Similar to when somebody starts a sentence; I am not racist but... Yes you are racist and are just trying to cover. Saying I take responsibility but the players suck is not taking responsibility. It's just a veiled attempt to save his own ass.

I told them to play better but they didn't so what do you expect me to do? Weak. :facepalm:

exactly, it's not "downplaying the part you don't like" it's basic reading comprehension.

I think it's fairly obvious the team was flat, but Coughlin and his crew have seen this episode before and for a guy who preaches preparation and focus, this team had neither yesterday.

2 years back, we had a Steve Smith touchdown called back and then watched us completely fold against the Panthers at home in one of the most embarassing performances ever. yesterday, Nicks drops a certain touchdown and we crumpled. How does that happen to a team like this with a coach from day preaching mental toughness. People bitch about a lot of the previous coaches before Tom, but we've seen some games that have been downright disgusting with Tom in charge.

A lot of fault yesterday, but Coughlin is top of the heap here no question.

I think it's fairly obvious the team was flat, but Coughlin and his crew have seen this episode before and for a guy who preaches preparation and focus, this team had neither yesterday.

2 years back, we had a Steve Smith touchdown called back and then watched us completely fold against the Panthers at home in one of the most embarassing performances ever. yesterday, Nicks drops a certain touchdown and we crumpled. How does that happen to a team like this with a coach from day preaching mental toughness. People bitch about a lot of the previous coaches before Tom, but we've seen some games that have been downright disgusting with Tom in charge.

A lot of fault yesterday, but Coughlin is top of the heap here no question.

You know it's bad when the announcers are questioning your teams mental toughness and effort. Pathetic and I agree that Coughlin has run his course. Happens to every coach eventually.

yeah losing like the way we lost to the 49ers is acceptable imo because they played hard and just came up short to a solid team, but there's clearly a trend here of losing focus/passion/being mentally or physically worn out/whatever by december and losing important games like this to 4 win teams--even a tough out like the redskins--is just ridiculous in year 7