SportsWrath

Offense almost lost this game for us

NeMesiS

Also, all the 15 yard field goals are killing us. I don't understand why we don't go for the end zone when we are at the 10 yard line. It's like they think they have to get the ball as close as possible or it doesn't count.

I wasn't too upset about leaving time on the clock....they couldn't exactly down the ball to waste more time....they still had to pound it in and only had what, 2 more downs to do so (3rd, which they scored on, and 4th).....there wasn't much more time they could have taken off.

Also, all the 15 yard field goals are killing us. I don't understand why we don't go for the end zone when we are at the 10 yard line. It's like they think they have to get the ball as close as possible or it doesn't count.

I wasn't too upset about leaving time on the clock....they couldn't exactly down the ball to waste more time....they still had to pound it in and only had what, 2 more downs to do so (3rd, which they scored on, and 4th).....there wasn't much more time they could have taken off.

I said it in the game thread (my only post) our play calling in the red zone is atrocious. We ran that fade about 5-6 times last night and the shotgun draw is ineffective unless it's a 2pt conversion for some reason. I don't get why play action isn't even considered when near the goal line.

We should call more "Fade Left" in the endzone, they'll never see it coming! <_<

yeah ....after all that great defensive work ....the offense virtually lost us that game !!!!!!

( if D wins Championships ....we are in some considerable trouble )

Besides... we can't just assume we're going to throw away a couple of downs and somehow be successful on 3rd or 4th down... too much of a gamble. I don't know what Nem is smoking...

Besides... we can't just assume we're going to throw away a couple of downs and somehow be successful on 3rd or 4th down... too much of a gamble. I don't know what Nem is smoking...

Just saying we should always show that we ain't scare to go for it on the 4th down. Sometimes it's good to keep the other team guessing. Yet we all know it's a bad idea. But sometimes it's those gut feelings that wins it for ya.

Also, gillbride reading" the art of being an idiot" dosen't help either.