SportsWrath

Mitch Petrus

JMFP

Honestly when I clicked this thread I expected "Out for the year with a broken *insert some random injury*"

Glad to see he played well against GB, corret me if I'm wrong but wasnt he also the OL player who benched the most reps when he was drafted?

Pretty sure....I don't know if the record was broken or not since then.

See.....this is where you get your linemen....Arkansas, Nebraska, Iowa, etc.....big mother fucking country ox for your plow.

ncf_petrus_400.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnRMXz9jb5I

Pretty sure....I don't know if the record was broken or not since then.

See.....this is where you get your linemen....Arkansas, Nebraska, Iowa, etc.....big mother fucking country ox for your plow.

ncf_petrus_400.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnRMXz9jb5I

Know what I liked about that vid, Petrus doing a proper lineman lift, close grip going full length, not hands at the fucking weights lifting it 4 inches bouncing it off his stomach.

Was in a few weight lifting competitions in high school and one thing I hated was guys cheasting theoir fucking hands out as wide as they could.

Know what I liked about that vid, Petrus doing a proper lineman lift, close grip going full length, not hands at the fucking weights lifting it 4 inches bouncing it off his stomach.

Was in a few weight lifting competitions in high school and one thing I hated was guys cheasting theoir fucking hands out as wide as they could.

For real, some of those dudes had some poor ass form and I have no idea how some of those "reps" count towards their repetition number. The way you describe it is spot on. To me, and any bench press competition you go to, a rep is only counted if you fully extend your arms and lock your elbows and then control the weight all the way back down (I was also in a bench press competition this past summer, though I'm in god awful shape at the moment....I was throwing up 205 at 160lbs as a 5 rep max, which is pretty damn good, all things considered, was like 8th out of 20)...anything else is fucking lame and would, in all likelihood, get your ass laughed out of the competition. I saw my cousin throw up 350 lbs with ease and win, and all he had to do was lift it with proper form and control it on the way down...just once. Because no one else could even come close to getting the proper form for a rep to count.

In my opinion, a much better test of strength can be determined by your form, and your ability to actually CONTROL the weight....not frickin have a spasm and lift the weight, like you said, 4 inches off your chest and let it slam back down on your chest. Petrus was doing it fast and with good form. But I'm a big proponent of going slow and controlling the weight---it's how you actually build muscle and get good at it.

Back in HS I was benching 225 15-20 times, I was a beast and should have commited myself more.

The most I benched was 220 (mind you I weighed 120 at the time) and I swore I'd never try it again lol... now I just work out with 135 - 165 depending on how strong or weak I feel... 3 sets.. 7 - 9 reps.

The most I benched was 220 (mind you I weighed 120 at the time) and I swore I'd never try it again lol... now I just work out with 135 - 165 depending on how strong or weak I feel... 3 sets.. 7 - 9 reps.

That's pretty beast for a dude that's 120. I was weighing in at around 212 at the time so that helped.

That's pretty beast for a dude that's 120. I was weighing in at around 212 at the time so that helped.

Yea something about my chest and tricep muscles.... at some point I would be able to pull down the entire rack for the tricep machine... much to the surprise of this really hot Asian trainer... but I can't lift much with my biceps and calves to save my life lol.

"Vikings of the North Atlantic"..... :LMAO: but he abbreviated it to "VONA" because he was catching shit about playing for the Giants and calling his band "Vikings".

haha, ya, i was good and went and read it! :punk:

I tried to make a funny....

I was watching NFL Rewind last night, and he stuck a killer block on that 2 point conversion.

All I can toss in here is I once put the Olympic 16 lbs shot 42FT, while on the Track and Field team at CW Post College (he invented cereal and the campus was his former mansion, part of Long Island University) (His Daughter the Actress Diana Merrill- had a doll house on our campus that became our admissions building- it was huge) - had some pretty good football teams and a rivalry with Hofstra- They were Sparta and we were Athens.

That was a pretty good Put for a 183 lbs guy. I was working out to become a Decathlete after a great junior swimming career (I had set the NJ State Record for 15yr olds in the 50 YD Freestyle 25.5 seconds). Some of my teammates made the Olympics. I don't know what Bruce Jenner Put when he set the world record but he was about the same weight as me. I ran the 400 yds in 52 seconds and pole vaulted 14 ft. Bruce is now married to Moma Kardashian.....he married well. I lifted, drank a lot of protein drinks and took Vitamins in my pursuit of Jenner and came down with- I kid you not "Hyper Vitaminosis".

One AAU swimming teammate- Patience Sherman set an un-official world record in our Montclair country club pool in the 100 YD Breast Stroke.. Patience was gorgeous, had blonde hair, huge tits (a big advantage in Breaststroke, they float).........She went to the Olympics in Japan and married Don Scholander the 1st American to win 5 Gold Medals in an Olympics.

I feel like the Forrest Gump of the 1960's......surrounded by greatness but I did not have the mindset to be a world class athlete......too laid back

In the Little League I averaged one titanic home run per game, broke 75% of my teams bats and was nearly benched for that reason at 12, I weighed 155 and stood 5'8".........I lifted, but not conscientiously.

I was built like a brick sixxhouse.......a little Tim Tebow. Routinely hit 320 yd HRs.

Boxed in college too........very bad for your brain.....we went to dinner at the cafeteria after boxing practice and I could not taste my food.....and that was WITH headgear on.

Had a lot of fun out there........did any of you guys ever potato a guys tailpipe??.........if he did not know there was a potato in there he would go nuts trying to figure out why his car would not start. :smartass:

I was a little jokster......still am but now only on message boards. :facepalm:

Back in those days I did not like the bench press....... too dangerous but I was in the 200's ......there were no Nautilis machines back then,and with no spotter, if you loaded on too much weight, you could be featured in 1000 ways to die.

That's how my Decathlon career ended.......held the pole too high trying to do 15 ft, and without real sprinters speed I came back down on the track and broke my foot. :jerkoff:

Oh one other surreal memory- Driving down the Parkway to the beach in my 1963 beige Chevy Impala convertable with the top down while tanks rumbled overhead headed to southside Newark NJ to quell the riots after Martin Luther King was killed.......those were the good old days, and some not so good days................