SportsWrath

Victor Cruz in a night club

Lughead

See... One would think "don't put yourself in that situation" but is it fair to tell these guys that they can't have a life?

If I were a high profile athlete (not that Cruz is....yet) I would go to the normal ass person bar down the street. You get all these high profile dudes in one place and there are bound to be problems. Mingle with the average Joes.....why go out to the hottest spot in the town?

See... One would think "don't put yourself in that situation" but is it fair to tell these guys that they can't have a life?

Sure, go live it up...from February and August.

Australian footballers can't drink at all during the season and most teams impose a 10 or 11pm curfew. It's not just what they get up to that's the issue, it's all the idiots out there who want to start shit with them.

Australian footballers can't drink at all during the season and most teams impose a 10 or 11pm curfew. It's not just what they get up to that's the issue, it's all the idiots out there who want to start shit with them.

That's the way it should be. Football players should be held to the same standards a boxer would be when training for a big fight....IMO.

I mean, I lift and run (occasionally run is more like it) and I feel like I've accomplished nothing physical fitness wise if I drink even a couple beers on a Friday. I feel like the whole week working out was pointless. Guys in the NFL should really have way more respect for their bodies during the football season than they do.

And, like you said, people are going to recognize them.

Guest StrahansGap

They should be able to do whatever they want. They are grown men. But, if you have to get frisked to get into a club, wouldn't you think it's the type of place you shouldn't be going to in the first place? When are the idiots going to learn?

Guest StrahansGap

If I were a high profile athlete (not that Cruz is....yet) I would go to the normal ass person bar down the street. You get all these high profile dudes in one place and there are bound to be problems. Mingle with the average Joes.....why go out to the hottest spot in the town?

Bingo! See my above post. Idiots!!!!

They should be able to do whatever they want. They are grown men. But, if you have to get frisked to get into a club, wouldn't you think it's the type of place you shouldn't be going to in the first place? When are the idiots going to learn?

Ok... So if they go to a bar and get shot at it's ok?

Wow, we let you guys have football? We really are the "shining city of the hill!"

We should totally give you electricity next.

An Australian not allowed to drink? Doesn't that break your constitutional law? Right by that bit that says all children must have access to a kangaroo? (I'm sure you're bored with "Crocodile Dundee" references, so I went with "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo"--nice, huh? :laugh: )

From the accounts I read this morning, the shooting was in another area of the club and the Giant players heard the shots but did not see the shooter or know what was going on. They took cover under a table until everything settled down and they were sure it was safe. Then they left.

Yes, this was Tuesday morning, around 2:30 but players are off on Tuesday, so I don't have a problem here. Also was mentioned that this is a "posh", upscale kind of place, which ought to be at least as safe as the "average Joe" bar.

Another point I'll make is that Cruz's birthday, which they were celebrating, is Friday but he chose to party when he was off the next day......unlike Plax, who shot himself around 3AM on the FRIDAY after Thanksgiving! And he wasn't out alone.

An Australian not allowed to drink? Doesn't that break your constitutional law? Right by that bit that says all children must have access to a kangaroo? (I'm sure you're bored with "Crocodile Dundee" references, so I went with "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo"--nice, huh? :laugh: )

I'd like to move past such low-brow stereotypical references, but the biggest news here yesterday was Obama being issued "crocodile insurance" for his visit.

croc1.jpg

Can't escape the cheese.

He was celebrating his birthday and he was celebrating with friends.

If you guys want players to not drink or socialize stop drafting football players from college and start recruiting from seminary schools.

it's not about the event.. it's about the venue.. you make 6 figures.. or in some cases 7 figures, don't go party in some hoodlum place... you're above the "yo wuz good shun".. walkin with a limp, no belt, pants falling off...

it's not about the event.. it's about the venue.. you make 6 figures.. or in some cases 7 figures, don't go party in some hoodlum place... you're above the "yo wuz good shun".. walkin with a limp, no belt, pants falling off...

That club is far from a hoodlum place.

You aren't going to change my mind that football players, during their regular season and training camp (approximately, what? 22 weeks or so?), should have the self respect and discipline to treat their body with respect. They shouldn't even be drinking. I know I wouldn't be.

1. Because of the obvious physical effects

2. Because alcohol can cause needless trouble

To me it's not about going out to have fun or not....go out, do what you want, just don't get sloshed on a Tuesday morning before one of the biggest games of the season (they practice Wednesday, am I right?)