SportsWrath

Victor Cruz in a night club

Lughead

I'd like to move past such low-brow stereotypical references, but the biggest news here yesterday was Obama being issued "crocodile insurance" for his visit.

croc1.jpg

Can't escape the cheese.

I had an uncle who was stationed in Australia during WWII...he loved it. :afro:

Having moderate amounts of alcohol in no way will affect your performance or your body 5 or 6 days later. Professional athletes are real people, too. I bet occasionally they will even eat a cheeseburger, lol.

When you work out as much as these guys do, they can probably eat and drink more than the rest of us. A cocktail on a Tuesday night doesn't negate all that, it's ridiculous, Storm.

Having moderate amounts of alcohol in no way will affect your performance or your body 5 or 6 days later. Professional athletes are real people, too. I bet occasionally they will even eat a cheeseburger, lol.

When you work out as much as these guys do, they can probably eat and drink more than the rest of us. A cocktail on a Tuesday night doesn't negate all that, it's ridiculous, Storm.

Ya, because practices up until game day aren't important at all. Which is what I've said the entire time.

Your biggest game of the year, I don't care if it's your birthday or your boys birthday, or what. You best bet that I'm not doing shit and coming to practice sharp and ready to go. I've went on a 10PM-3AM drinking spree and felt like shit for an entire week afterward.

This occurred close to 3 am in the morning, and you think they had 1 cocktail.

Humorous.

LOL, I go into work hungover all the time... Most of the time due to a night out drinking with my boss. Then sometime I go out to lunch and down 3 or 4 and go back to work. Or head to my bosses house and take a couple tokes of the bong.

I still do my Job no problem.

Which NFL team do you play for?

When is your next upcoming professional bout? When can I catch you on TV?

Ya, because practices up until game day aren't important at all. Which is what I've said the entire time.

Your biggest game of the year, I don't care if it's your birthday or your boys birthday, or what. You best bet that I'm not doing shit and coming to practice sharp and ready to go. I've went on a 10PM-3AM drinking spree and felt like shit for an entire week afterward.

This occurred close to 3 am in the morning, and you think they had 1 cocktail.

Humorous.

I'm not saying they had 1 cocktail but you're implying they all got bombed. You don't know what you're talking about. Literally, not trying to be a douche to you... but you literally don't know. So why sit here and pass judgement? And Storm, they didn't have practice the next day, dude. Practice is Wednesday... this happened early Tuesday morning... this was like their Saturday night. Professional athletes are allowed to go out and have a good time with their friends, this is America, you know. And nobody should pass judgement on their behavior when they don't have a single shred of knowledge of what their behavior was. This is crazy, Storm.

Oh besides the fact it was his birthday and he was out celebrating. Man, kill the guys for going out to celebrate a birthday, damn.

I'm not saying they had 1 cocktail but you're implying they all got bombed. You don't know what you're talking about. Literally, not trying to be a douche to you... but you literally don't know. So why sit here and pass judgement? And Storm, they didn't have practice the next day, dude. Practice is Wednesday... this happened early Tuesday morning... this was like their Saturday night. Professional athletes are allowed to go out and have a good time with their friends, this is America, you know. And nobody should pass judgement on their behavior when they don't have a single shred of knowledge of what their behavior was. This is crazy, Storm.

Oh besides the fact it was his birthday and he was out celebrating. Man, kill the guys for going out to celebrate a birthday, damn.

I also said who knows, they could have just went out to have fun and practice Cruz's Salsa Celebration (OK, I didn't say exactly that, but I did say I wasn't being fair and that they could have all been stone-cold sober).

Letting you know what I would do because it is the smart thing to do is and passing judgment are different things. I never once said these guys are assholes for drinking and staying out carousing for all hours of the night the week before a big game, just that it is not a good idea. And it's not. Hell, maybe if all these guys were with their respective part of the team.....home watching game tape like the defense, Cruz wouldn't be dropping perfectly thrown balls and fumbling (though he probably would).

I was obviously trying to be diplomatic about it. You should try it, too.

You can't tell me that getting home after 3am Wednesday morning wouldn't effect your performance at Wednesday training though.

They're human beings and grown men. I understand they get paid a lot of money to play a game and if there's a problem with them going out at certain times and being in certain places, it's between the players and the coaches. I'm only concerned with seeing a good performance when I invest my three hours a week.

Which NFL team do you play for?

When is your next upcoming professional bout? When can I catch you on TV?

It's to prove a point. I have the type of Job that If I fuck something up then I can cause the loss of work or productivity for entire company.

And I can do my Job even with some substances in me.

Now they are professional athletes that metabolize any thing they imbibe a hell of a lot faster than I do.

For you to make a claim that these professional athletes that also happen to be adult men should not be allowed to cut loose every once in awhile and have a few drinks is ludicrous.

Now i know you said that is your personally opinion but you are standing on the soap box acting like we are all wrong for having a difference of opinion.

Your basically saying all NFL teams should treat these grown men like children.

It's to prove a point. I have the type of Job that If I fuck something up then I can cause the loss of work or productivity for entire company.

And I can do my Job even with some substances in me.

Now they are professional athletes that metabolize any thing they imbibe a hell of a lot faster than I do.

For you to make a claim that these professional athletes that also happen to be adult men should not be allowed to cut loose every once in awhile and have a few drinks is ludicrous.

Now i know you said that is your personally opinion but you are standing on the soap box acting like we are all wrong for having a difference of opinion.

Your basically saying all NFL teams should treat these grown men like children.

Dude, that's the thing. I didn't once say they shouldn't be allowed to just that they SHOULD have the self-respect and respect for their team and teammates NOT TO. You're drawing your own conclusions based on nothing of what I said. I'm not going to repeat myself for the 12th time in this thread. I've clarified to VG, to Jim, and now to you--all about essentially the same exact hang up. You can go back and reread the thread if you're still confused.

You can't tell me that getting home after 3am Wednesday morning wouldn't effect your performance at Wednesday training though.

Yeah that I agree with. But that wasn't the case here, Tree... they went out Monday night/Tuesday morning. So Tuesday is an off day.

Storm... I apologize if I offended you, I thought I was being diplomatic. I didn't realize that you weren't passing judgement, it just looked that way to me, though. Personally I feel that they are allowed to do anything they want to do in their off time as long as it is legal and not contractually prohibited.

Dude, that's the thing. I didn't once say they shouldn't be allowed to just that they SHOULD have the self-respect and respect for their team and teammates NOT TO. You're drawing your own conclusions based on nothing of what I said. I'm not going to repeat myself for the 12th time in this thread. I've clarified to VG, to Jim, and now to you--all about essentially the same exact hang up. You can go back and reread the thread if you're still confused.

I just can't wrap my head around that statement. I don't know how going out for a couple drinks and a good time is disrespecting yourself, and I don't know how it disrespects teammates, either. If you asked the players if Cruz going out to a birthday showed a lack of respect for the team, I think they'd laugh in your face. But hey, that's your opinion, I just think that's a pretty out there take.

Yeah that I agree with. But that wasn't the case here, Tree... they went out Monday night/Tuesday morning. So Tuesday is an off day.

Storm... I apologize if I offended you, I thought I was being diplomatic. I didn't realize that you weren't passing judgement, it just looked that way to me, though. Personally I feel that they are allowed to do anything they want to do in their off time as long as it is legal and not contractually prohibited.

I'm not offended, I just thought I had covered my bases against this very thing, lol.

I just can't wrap my head around that statement. I don't know how going out for a couple drinks and a good time is disrespecting yourself, and I don't know how it disrespects teammates, either. If you asked the players if Cruz going out to a birthday showed a lack of respect for the team, I think they'd laugh in your face. But hey, that's your opinion, I just think that's a pretty out there take.

Man, try doing some serious training 1 day after a being out all night. It's not fun. Athlete or not, that's hard to overcome at least for a day of practice.

I guess I should be glad they aren't going out on a Friday, though.